nerf drop from champions in Edge of the mist

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

please nerf this loot in eotm when nobody play normal wvw i want go to eotm but there is no one play pvp there is only stupid train where people farming level and champions

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

+1
/15 asdfgsdfgsdfg

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

No, that’s just as silly as me demanding PVp removed all loot cause I don’t like the game play. You don’t need to follow the train. The loot is paltry as it is, 99% of people in there are even there for the karma. Cause some whiners already demanded that nerf.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

not your business what other people do there. And certainly, they are not required to play for you and your preferences.

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

please nerf this loot in eotm when nobody play normal wvw i want go to eotm but there is no one play pvp there is only stupid train where people farming level and champions

I think you don’t know what is the purpose of eotm why to force ppl to play something that they don’t want, if you want to pvp have fun in arenas.

Ps. i seen yesterday a dev was karma train like crazy stop making stupid threads really.

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

You do realise they are there for the loot not for wvw right? Nerfing them wouldn’t make your wvw map other than eotm more populated, they will just move away.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I heard there are these other maps where real WvW is performed.

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

Another “nerf this because i don’t like it” post! I’m getting really…really tired of seeing this kind of post every day!

EotM was designed to be casual map where people waiting in queue can have some action. The design discourages roaming and pvp while favoring zerg…so what? You have normal WvW and sPvP for that kind of gameplay. Go there!

Rewards in EotM should not be nerfed further as they are not that great in the first place! Actually, rewards in normal WvW should be brought up!

Finally i don’t want to insult you but this whiner mentality has ruined a lot of places in this game! Why do people like you care if a player makes some cash/karma doing something you DONT WANT TO DO and CHOOSE NOT TO DO? It makes no sense to me!

I know players who make 60g+ a day in Dungeons…way more than me playing whatever content i want…but I DON’T CARE!

Peace

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

why you dont let people play just like they want?

seriously

after release i played a lot wvw but got bored from people like the OP which sit in towers all day upgrade everything and think killing people with Arrowcards is pvp and go nuts with kitten like “Scouts?”

man – go wvw when wanna bore people to death there are still some left

(edited by Romek.4201)

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Don’t you worry!

If they bring back the original Queen’s Jubilee champtrain, everyone will move put from EotM.

Even a shade of last year’s Queen’s Arena train will be the most profitable source of income with endlessly respawning champs next to each other

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

And I wish demanding an EotM nerf on the basis you don’t like EotM gameplay was basis for Anet closing your account permanently. Not going to happen either :P

Demanding an EotM nerf with your reasoning is like saying, I have a ham sandwich and you have a turkey sandwich. I don’t like turkey so I want to rip your sandwich out of your hand and throw it on the ground and stomp on it. EotM is popular because it’s fun to a lot of people.

If you don’t like EotM go to eternal or borderlands. The entire game doesn’t have to be your play style. Live with it or keep torturing yourself, but these threads are hilariously pointless.

(edited by Asgaeroth.6427)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Noo. If you nerf loot there will be less monkeys to kill.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Sorry, no as EotM is a cross between PvE and WvW. Don’t like it don’t play.

Posted by: Ramza.9421

Ramza.9421

Don’t nerf loots in EotM, PUGs will not go there. It is the best place for our guild to practice our raid builds on how to wipe a zerg when you’re outnumbered 1:5 without using siege, so NO.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

And I wish demanding an EotM nerf on the basis you don’t like EotM gameplay was basis for Anet closing your account permanently. Not going to happen either :P

Demanding an EotM nerf with your reasoning is like saying, I have a ham sandwich and you have a turkey sandwich. I don’t like turkey so I want to rip your sandwich out of your hand and throw it on the ground and stomp on it. EotM is popular because it’s fun to a lot of people.

If you don’t like EotM go to eternal or borderlands. The entire game doesn’t have to be your play style. Live with it or keep torturing yourself, but these threads are hilariously pointless.

How about we both work as ditch diggers but you are paid 33% more than I do while only having to do half of the work.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Whats next? Nerf all game types u dont play?
Sorry but please no additional nerfs

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

HA! Seriously? DR wasn’t enough for you so you want them to nerf the loot MORE? smh.

Because this game doesn’t have enough nerfs to loot already /sarcasm

(remembers the days of getting exotics from world chests in Orr)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

The better way to fix this is not nerf drop from champs, but rather increase drop from killing players. Let WvW/PvPers farm PvEers!

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The entire game doesn’t have to be your play style.

^^ This ^^ SO much this. Unfortunately, the brains of some of those who most need to get this concept are too full of entitlement for this bit of sanity to penetrate.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

EOTM isn’t WvW.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Don’t you worry!

If they bring back the original Queen’s Jubilee champtrain, everyone will move put from EotM.

Even a shade of last year’s Queen’s Arena train will be the most profitable source of income with endlessly respawning champs next to each other

I seriously doubt that they will bring back the Pavilion without making massive nerfs to the loot.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Don’t nerf loots in EotM, PUGs will not go there. It is the best place for our guild to practice our raid builds on how to wipe a zerg when you’re outnumbered 1:5 without using siege, so NO.

How to wipe a bunch of upscaleds who have no idea how to play their class*

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Another “nerf this because i don’t like it” post! I’m getting really…really tired of seeing this kind of post every day!

EotM was designed to be casual map where people waiting in queue can have some action. The design discourages roaming and pvp while favoring zerg…so what? You have normal WvW and sPvP for that kind of gameplay. Go there!

Rewards in EotM should not be nerfed further as they are not that great in the first place! Actually, rewards in normal WvW should be brought up!

Finally i don’t want to insult you but this whiner mentality has ruined a lot of places in this game! Why do people like you care if a player makes some cash/karma doing something you DONT WANT TO DO and CHOOSE NOT TO DO? It makes no sense to me!

I know players who make 60g+ a day in Dungeons…way more than me playing whatever content i want…but I DON’T CARE!

Peace

You know you aren’t obligated to reply when you disagree with someone. I guarantee you did not change anyone’s mind with your stupid ranting, no different than OP.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

No. There has been enough nerfs. Let people play how they want. The game does NOT revolve around you.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

WvW is PvE as far as I’m concerned. Even in EB or BL’s you still fight doors and NPC’s.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

And completely remove the reason a ton of people do WvW (myself included)? No.
There are tons of roamers in EotM. Wanna do PvP? Go with the roamers and kill the other roamers.
Problem solved.

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

You know you aren’t obligated to reply when you disagree with someone. I guarantee you did not change anyone’s mind with your stupid ranting, no different than OP.

Stupid ranting or not, you have to agree: Threads of this nature show up a lot and most can be read as “I dont like people playing this way – END IT!”.

Peace

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

I feel that people who make ridiculous threads or posts on the forums should receive diminishing returns on their accounts.

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

WvW is PvE as far as I’m concerned. Even in EB or BL’s you still fight doors and NPC’s.

It’s funny how the whole WvW/EotM debate can be condensed into this short statement, once you take away all the hypocrisy and kittens’ ‘input’.

OT?:
The developer team seems to have realized that their end-game only lasts for so long and what’s left of the (non-tpvp) playerbase is mostly unskilled farmers that have no interest in fair, fun pvp competition. So carrot-on-a-stick it is. Quite revolutionary; that is only the first concept MMOs were based on. [/cynism]

Ele / Guardian

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

It’s funny how the whole WvW/EotM debate can be condensed into this short statement, once you take away all the hypocrisy and kittens’ ‘input’.

OT?:
The developer team seems to have realized that their end-game only lasts for so long and what’s left of the (non-tpvp) playerbase is mostly unskilled farmers that have no interest in fair, fun pvp competition. So carrot-on-a-stick it is. Quite revolutionary; that is only the first concept MMOs were based on. [/cynism]

or maybe they play “real” WvW AND farm Eotm? Shocking thought, I know.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Having played this since launch…

“Game will not change”

Sorry but it always was and always will be a zerg train. Take what you want from it and when you have had your fill just leave. Im almost full just 3 more dungeon paths.

One of the best $60 I ever spent. Having said that… flee you fool. flee this this game you will not find what you seek here

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

yes, your pve-er tears are quite sustaining.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

EOTM isn’t WvW.

WUT? So you sayin us Anet put there Keeps, Towers, Guards and siege weapons only because they want slow a train or what? Slap yourself man and then slap yourself again much harder.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

EOTM isn’t WvW.

How is it NOT WvW. Are you not completing against other worlds? Or are all the enemies actually just NPCs running in a huge zerg?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

See, this is what happen when things in Pve are not rewarding enough.

We invade EoTM to farm karma and exp and mats.

You should propose to anet to make us have something that gives similar loot exp karma and pve and you will see people leave EoTM

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Lightsbane.9012

See, this is what happen when things in Pve are not rewarding enough.

We invade EoTM to farm karma and exp and mats.

You should propose to anet to make us have something that gives similar loot exp karma and pve and you will see people leave EoTM

lol

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

They used to. The karma train in CS. The two events that popped within 5 min of each other, continously. (Shelters gate camp and Penitent camp) was a great way to farm karma, mats, and exp. But this too got nerfed. Sadly.

However I don’t feel that nerfing EotM will actually solve anything, If it’s not there, it will be somewhere else. And if everything is nerfed to the point where one cannot farm anything then people will complain even more.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m tired of these threads already.
EOTM is fine – the farm is good where it is. Don’t like it – find people to play “proper” WvW with you.

I do EOTM – I don’t do WvW. If they nerfed EoTM I wouldn’t do WvW – just farm somewhere else.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The loot system in EotM should be overhauled go to the winners of the match. Doing a set of achievements per match would decide the minimum level of participation needed to get credit. Farmers can go back to Queensdale/Frostgorge.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Shaking my head over those who ask deliberately for nerfs, EoTM QD Orr. It’s not like we haven’t had alot of loot nerfs in the past year and a half LOL

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Lightsbane.9012

I’m tired of these threads already.
EOTM is fine – the farm is good where it is. Don’t like it – find people to play “proper” WvW with you.

I do EOTM – I don’t do WvW. If they nerfed EoTM I wouldn’t do WvW – just farm somewhere else.

oh no, do stay in eotm. i get incredibly easy kills off of pve-ers in there. it’s really cool hitting a guardian with a 2.5k life blast.
on the subject itself, i’m going to have to say that the true rewards should go to the players doing the real leg work.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i want all champion trains nerfed (i kno they did….but MORE) it is letting ppl stay in a boring cycle

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

The loot system in EotM should be overhauled go to the winners of the match. Doing a set of achievements per match would decide the minimum level of participation needed to get credit. Farmers can go back to Queensdale/Frostgorge.

Then you say goodbye to a majority of the people in EotM.
And the ones who do stay, continue to do it the same exact way.
Nerfs a lot, fixes nothing.

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

I never found anything worthwhile on those champion, why should they be nerfed? Not ONE exotic and grinded for several weeks.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It does seem odd that EotM would be so much more rewarding than regular WvW. I mean the badges alone are just completely out of whack.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

The problem isn’t the rewards, it’s the fact that the mode counts for nothing, so it will never be played as intended and continue to be this zergX3 kittening, avoiding each other the majority of the time to conquer lame npc’s. Nerfing the rewards would probably only make players not play the mode at all.

The first few days after opening it was actually treated like wvw, complete with defense involved. Then players wised up like they ALWAYS do, maximizing time vs reward and zerg down objects letting the other teams cap. It was easy to see this means more than winning a meaningless match. Even regular WvW has barely any weight when it comes to meaning something, but barely doesn’t mean zero. At least there is some pride there.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

i want all champion trains nerfed (i kno they did….but MORE) it is letting ppl stay in a boring cycle

Hey, I remember that game, Duke Nukem. Well, sorry to hear you want the trains nerfed (I guess alot of people don’t play how you want). A year ago Champs, whether they were in QD or Orr gave absolute crap. Absolutely no one would fight the Champ Risen Abom in CS after Plinx (they’d changed it to a Champ from a Vet and made it so that Plinx wouldn’t spawn unless the Abom was dead). Now at least people would finish the entire event. And, very few higher level would be in QD unless they were leveling a toon. Since the QD champ train, I’ve seen many, many high level players lending their knowledge and advice to lower level players, whereas before we’d all stay in our various area appropriate levels. Have not been to EoTM, not interested. If you don’t like the fact that others are doing the train there, by all means head on to WvW.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Nerf = Bad, however I would like to see rewards for defending equal to those of steamrolling. The only way players are going to move to WvW en masse is if the rewards are the same or better as EotM. As it stands now it better serves as a filter for uplevels so we get more 80’s fighting for our (MEGA)servers.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

They used to. The karma train in CS. The two events that popped within 5 min of each other, continously. (Shelters gate camp and Penitent camp) was a great way to farm karma, mats, and exp. But this too got nerfed. Sadly.

What I find ironic about the CS event nerfs (multiple, as Plinx got hit also in an earlier nerf) is that ANet seems not to want people to do the same events over and over again for farming. However, they continually present content that can be done over and over again for farming. I guess they want people doing the farm of the month in LW, but heavens forfend that the regular content be treated this way.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Like that’d stop the karma train. Nobody goes to EotM for loot you fool, we go there to level alts fast. What’s faster than burning through group level events and getting like 15% exp per event cleared?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald