nerf frostgorge championfarm

in Suggestions

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

plz nerf this farming – champions are special mobs and its insane ppl spamfarm this and kill them in 2-3 seconds

we have overflow on elonareach in the morning even 50min before jormag spawn – alot ppl guesting on elona to farm champions (same with this dolly bug event in cursed shore)

plz do something bout – thx

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vhaegar.6954

Vhaegar.6954

I think this gentleman’s complaint can be summed up in this elaborate diagram I’ve prepared.

http://i.imgur.com/EG0dmQG.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neriglissar.8730

Neriglissar.8730

I think this gentleman’s complaint can be summed up in this elaborate diagram I’ve prepared.

Give this man a cookie. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

lol. Well done

in Suggestions

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Yeah, go on ANet, give us a farm then nerf it again, make it impossible to get anything without boring yourself to death farming CoF p1 like you did pre-rewards change.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

make it impossible to get anything without boring yourself to death farming CoF p1

Is it really better to bore yourself to death farming champions?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Suggestions

colesy.8490

You get different scenery and get to fight different champions since you can farm champions basically anywhere in the world (it’s just Frostgorge/Orr have the most efficient trains) whereas in CoF p1 you were literally just doing the same thing for hours. Gate opens, dodge through, focus pull two mobs, cleave down, feedback, kill second turret, push slave driver to wall, signet, time warp, burst, run to acolytes, kill, hide, kill, hide, kill, port past boulders, do nothing in brazier, run to effigy, signet, time warp, burst, feedback the knockback, burst, gg.

Farmers actually built muscle memory for this so they could shut their minds off completely. Not to say autoattacking champions is interesting, but at least you can do it anywhere in the world and you get to move around more rather than CoF p1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

You get different scenery and get to fight different champions since you can farm champions basically anywhere in the world (it’s just Frostgorge/Orr have the most efficient trains)

But if Frostgorge/Orr have the most efficient trains, doesn’t it mean that it’s better to always farm there than to farm in other places? Just like farming CoF1 was better than farming other dungeons because it was also more efficient?

I get your point. I also think champion farming is less deleterious for the game than CoF1 farming, since it avoids the issue of profession discrimination, /kicking players, asking people to use a specific set of gear, and so on. But I’m not sure it adds more variety to the game, since there are one or at most two places more efficient to farm than everything else.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

Unfortunately as a byproduct of champ farming in frostgorge, ascended mats being added to boss chest and the large influx of people hunting world bosses for said mats, it’s getting rather difficult to actually get into frostgorge without being thrown into overflow. Not a game breaking issue but still annoying, as I now have to time my trips to the area.
I’m wondering if Anet will consider increasing the limit on how many player can be in an area before getting sent to the overflow? It was a serious issue that plagued the clockwork chaos event and it would be nice to avoid it for any future content they may have planned *cough tequatl *cough.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

But if Frostgorge/Orr have the most efficient trains, doesn’t it mean that it’s better to always farm there than to farm in other places?

Yes, but you could also pick up 10/20 friends/guildies/ppl and do it anywhere in tyria as long as you know well enough champ spots and find out a good rotation.

Not saying that would be on par, or better, or faster: but you can. Cof, back in the day, was the only thing outside selling Arah slots or flipping TP with a steady and decent profit.

Tbh now i prefer, as farm, get 4 friends and steamroll miscellaneous DG path. AC 1-3, CoE fullrun, SE 1-3, and so on…

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Really? Because on my server 20 people do jormag and a 200 man tsunami zergz in at the last moment to get their hard earned rewards, then go back to champs. Then I log back in and get mine…

in Suggestions

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Haha this is pretty funny but you gotta remember, Jormag fight is extremely long and boring, and the loot pay off versus those champions is miserable, so no wonder people went for the champs. They wanted to make champs more rewarding, so they did, and I think it’s fine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

make it impossible to get anything without boring yourself to death farming CoF p1

Is it really better to bore yourself to death farming champions?

It’s anything but boring really. I guess if you did it 12 hours straight, but then anything would be boring at that length of time.
I’ve met a lot of new people, had some hilarious conversations, had some interesting conversations. Made some decent money, raised my lucked. It’s easy to join in and leave anytime you want.

If the majority of players are doing this then and having fun, why nerf it? If people are guesting to a server and pushing it to overflow, hit another server for Jormag. Yes yes we know you shouldn’t have to guest to get events done on your server but is it really so hard to do? I’m from TC so I’ve experienced it myself many times, especially when they first changed meta loot to once per day per acct. I would just guest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

more loot for jormag champs!

in Suggestions

Romek.4201

no – its just imbalanced
thats why all you guyz farm it

when everyone and there dog farm only 1-2 spots in game because thats the most profitable and ignore all the content we have like worldbosses, dungeons, fractals, JPs , WvW ….. than there is something wrong with this 1-2 spots and they have to be nerfed

simple logic

why you should have more than the players which actual playing the game while you playing like a bot farming clearly bugged champs? Or should they rly die in 2-3 seconds? and spawn faster than normal mobs?

all this unique champions out in the world need higher respawn time like 15+ minutes

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Yeah, go on ANet, give us a farm then nerf it again, make it impossible to get anything without boring yourself to death farming CoF p1 like you did pre-rewards change.

Don’t blame Anet for your mishaps.. Blame yourself and the greedy people you run with and your crappy behavior you exhibit. Anet tried to do something good and the lot of you begin to show your sorry true colors… It is players behavior at fault why anet takes action and change things. So put the blame where it needs to be and not on anet.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

colesy.8490

Don’t blame Anet for your mishaps.. Blame yourself and the greedy people you run with and your crappy behavior you exhibit. Anet tried to do something good and the lot of you begin to show your sorry true colors… It is players behavior at fault why anet takes action and change things. So put the blame where it needs to be and not on anet.

Except I’ve hardly been on the game since the rewards change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

no – its just imbalanced

when everyone and there dog farm only 1-2 spots in game because thats the most profitable and ignore all the content we have like worldbosses, dungeons, fractals, JPs , WvW ….. than there is something wrong with this 1-2 spots and they have to be nerfed

simple logic

why you should have more than the players which actual playing the game while you playing like a bot farming clearly bugged champs? Or should they rly die in 2-3 seconds? and spawn faster than normal mobs?

all this unique champions out in the world need higher respawn time like 15+ minutes

People are no longer ignoring world bosses, dungeons, jps, wvw, etc. If someone isn’t doing any of those, it’s probably because they just don’t like them.

The number of people running in champ trains now is far less than the people who were running champ trains during the queen’s festival events.

The reason people run trains in CS and FG is because simple routes have already been figured out, and they drop exotic bags 100% of the time.

The reason they run the in Queensdales is because Queens has always been a popular zone, and people have been killing champs there long before the arrival of champ loot.

There is also this.

In Guild Wars 2 there are no alliances, and there are no options to query how many people are in a zone, and there are few ways to communicate to a large amount of players at once.

it’s hard to find out what large amounts of players are up to, and it’s much easier just to have a pre determined gathering spot, like queensdale, and FSG, and also LA somewhat.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Or fire all these rookies on gw2 now and bring back the gw1 seniors. The somehow knew what to do with a game without the gear thingie.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I would just solo Jormag at that point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The reason for the overflows is more the Dragonite i think, since today there are also overflows on Drakkar Lake for example, while i had no problems on Friday even on Elona Reach with a champ-zerg running around.

Also there was overflow for Tequatl .. and i don’t think there are so much Champ-Farmer in that zone.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

It’s not the champ farm, it’s the recent T7 changes (Dragontie etc). The champ farm was posing zero issue in terms of overflow prior to the ascended update patches.

So no, don’t nerf the champ farms thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

the overflow for tequatl is probably because people know they won’t be getting easy kills when the new patch hits on him anymore.

“do it while it last”

in Suggestions

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

no – its just imbalanced

No, the other areas of the game need to have their rewards improved. Don’t be such a simpleton looking to bring others down, look for ways to bring yourself up. My favorite thing to do in GW2 is explore and jumping puzzles. You know what? The ‘rewards’ for those are utter crap. You’re kitten right I’m going to spend 20 minutes farming Champs in Frostgorge (thats all I can bear before I’d rather log out) to get some decent things that my 2-4 hours of not-farming doesn’t even match.

You’re right the rewards are out of balance, but thats because ANet designed the game to be incredibly stingy and unrewarding, and anytime they make an improvement people flock to that improvement because its enjoyable to get things. Maybe if the whole effing game was rewarding, people wouldn’t focus on CoF p1, or Frostgorge Orr. But the game isn’t, so people do.

Nerfing it will just move them somewhere else, improving everything else will spread them around. Try thinking.

Or should they rly die in 2-3 seconds? and spawn faster than normal mobs?

You have no idea what you’re talking about lololol. Champion Icebrood Fish spawns in… 8-12 minutes or something? Risen garbage in Orr can spawn in 3 seconds.

Just to clear things up, 8-12 minutes is not less than 3 seconds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So every single server is guesting on all the other servers. There is from what people say no one left on any server, just people guesting (from an unknown and unknowable server). Neat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

I think champ farming should be left alone and unless anet do a complete overhaul of the games mechenics there will be people who always search for the quickest, easiest ways to get loot. Champ farming, Clock work, the old Lyssa, grenth farms, COF. Heck you could even farm the ulgoth chain if you wanted. Point is people will always look for a quick money and if you nerf one area they will move onto the next. Besides champ farming doesn’t harm anyone and unlike the old COF anybody can join in which is what MMos are about.

That said I’m sure anet are looking at this so If anything must be done to champs at all. Add character bound diminishing returns and nothing more that way it at-least forces people to move around the world after a few kills rather then loop for an hour thus allievating the overflow problems while still leaving champ killing viable. Then after few hours people could comeback and kill the champs again or switch to an alt.

Options like once per day or reducing the spawn times should be avoided as it would only serve to annoy everyone and punish people with alts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

the overflow for tequatl is probably because people know they won’t be getting easy kills when the new patch hits on him anymore.

“do it while it last”

If its not for the Dragonite they also can just ignore him. I at least just wanted to kill him for Dragonite, and i also for example killed Jormag 5 times on friday because of that.

If they make Tequatl harder, i can just imagine even more people go for Jormag.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

I didn’t read the whole thread but… here’s a friendly reminder that CoF P1 Farm was toxic for the community because most of the groups excluded anything besides warriors and mesmers, while champion farming you might as well do it playing as a naked minion necro and nobody will actually give half a skritt about it.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”

~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

They’ve already done irreparable harm by handing out ascended weapons in the champion loot boxes. I was really hoping they’d just nerf them to hell and all of the people who saved a massive stack of them from all of their brainless farming would get a big middle finger. They need to nerf the rewards just as a statement against zerg play like that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: squirrelzilla.5809

squirrelzilla.5809

Rather than nerf anything, I’d rather just have other world and group events be more profitable.

Luna Wildbark [FOOL] on Crystal Desert

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would definitely want to see an improvement in rewards for other parts of the game. As it is the frostgorge champ train is easy to follow and is the only REAL way to make some gold if you find it as hard as i do to find good dungeon groups.

Please don’t take my monies……

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

What if they made small instanced rooms on each map, wherein the folks there could select a leader. That leader gets their combined total attack and defense stats. leader then goes and does farm train alone but all in room share drops, exp, karma, etc. Leaders stats change dynamically as farmers enter and leave the room.

Farmers get their loot, most farmers get to watch TV or read the paper unmolested, One farmer gets to be the Hero/Goat, and folks actually doing events etc are not bothered or locked out of map.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I just want to add that regardless of whether or not you agree with champ farming, the people doing the farming need to take a breath once in a while and not go postal on other players that just happen to be playing the game (and NOT farming). If another group of players has killed a champ before you got there, just move on. No insults or whining are necessary. That’s probably one reason that farmers are getting a “bad rep”. Queensdale is especially bad for this I have found. The farmers are not in charge of how to play the game. Get over yourselves, please (and yes, I do farm champs myself, so don’t think I’m trying to pick on farmers in general – some are great, some are nasty).

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

folks actually doing events etc are not bothered or locked out of map.

Do events not happen in overflow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Yes lets go back to CoF1 farming where only the elite few have access to gold. The masses shall be denied!

in Suggestions

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

In an utterly shocking turn of events the introduction of a soul-crushing grind has encouraged players to grind, soulcrushingly.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in Suggestions

Daywolf.2630

1. Decrease the champ timers in Orr and Frostgorge, significantly.
2. Increase champs in Southsun Cove.
Problem solved.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The problem is loot gating. Anet have fallen into the classic MMO trap of only making certain drops available from certain things- like exotic boxes from champs. Then they have compounded their error by making items account bound that are needed to craft weapons, and added a mindless grind to reach 500 in 3 professions to be able to make said weapons.

Champs should scale based on the number of people in the area, or better yet give them better aoe effects that scale and defence that scales. At the moment the frostgorge champ train is a joke- if you are 5 seconds behind the front of the train you miss the champ it died already. It’s the same with Scarlet invasion champs- when there are 50 people on one champ it just melts in seconds.

Any mob (or person, in wvw) should have a chance to drop a box, and all the ascended mats need to be tradeable.

Champ drops need a rethink and champs need a redesign, and a RNG added to respawn times so they pop up randomly rather than allowing trains to chug mindlessly around the map.

Or go the other way and just make champs respawn as soon as they die, and the farm train can save the bother of moving around the map at all- choose a champ site, set up camp there and farm away until you utterly die of boredom.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I LOVE these champ bags!

in Suggestions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

no need nerf. they are good as they are. as for the overflow issue, people should try to make effort to initiate champtrains on their servers, no need to guest to the already stacked servers. it only take few people to do that.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Problem solved.

have you ever fought the champs in southsun? or actually been there to begin with?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i can’t believe some are actually asking for nerfs… are you like stupid or something? this is probably the game that received the most nerfs in its 1st year than any games released in the passed decade and you want more? like wtf

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Daywolf.2630

Problem solved.

have you ever fought the champs in southsun? or actually been there to begin with?

Ok, 1 vote for nerfing champs. Southsun to hard for ya, I understand.
Myself, I vote not to nerf champs, but to just move the focus elsewhere, increase champs in Southsun, increase spawn timers in FG and CS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

You’re my hero.

in Suggestions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

you are da man !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i can’t believe some are actually asking for nerfs… are you like stupid or something? this is probably the game that received the most nerfs in its 1st year than any games released in the passed decade and you want more? like wtf

exactly he want it to take longer to grind for ascended etc. What happened to play the way you want !? some people just want to get legendary in this decade. Then others want to nerf some of the only profitable farms. Not everyone have time to play 15hours a day. Some people like me have jobs for them profitable farms are good.

in Suggestions

Daywolf.2630

exactly he want it to take longer to grind for ascended etc. What happened to play the way you want !? some people just want to get legendary in this decade. Then others want to nerf some of the only profitable farms. Not everyone have time to play 15hours a day. Some people like me have jobs for them profitable farms are good.

I don’t think you read his post. I must agree with him in that it causes problem for others that are in the same zone doing other content. It’s very problematic for all in the zone. I don’t agree with his solution, but I do agree with his premise. Of course proposed solutions get heckled, but fun-fun we can just keep at each others throats in the zones until the game melts and everyone logs out for good.

in Suggestions

Romek.4201

push – still a problem

atm we even have overflow in cursedshore on elona because there run 2 zergs around even with comander farming champions

i wait now 15 min to can farm ori^^

absurd

edit: or make orispots same on all servers and all event timers for world bosses same so we can kill this on overflows too

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP

I object your cause 100%,

Do you favor hacking or botting?

Because that’s what your cause is stating.

Othewise,

Arena.net should keep an eye on you.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)