new Jenny voiceovers

new Jenny voiceovers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

I’m quite sad to see Jenny’s talent used on seraph soldiers and alike in the new content when she should’ve only voiced sylvari females.. queen jennah is cool, but doesn’t feel central enough to use such a prominent voice actor for, but that’s been done before release so old news old news…
anyway, it’s also quite a shame that you didn’t ask her to do new sylvari profession specific voiceover, a couple professions could’ve used them. for example guardians don’t say anything when activating virtues which makes me a sad panda
I commend you Anet for choosing to partner with the most prominent voice actress of our time though.

new Jenny voiceovers

pullnointer.1476

I was expecting this thread to be flooded with comments.. I’m disappointed in this community. no Jenny fans around??

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

voice acting in gw2 is awful, just sayin

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

meh, female asura player character has the best VA IMO

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Never take anything Nuka Cola says serious, he’s blinded by hatred.
Tho some of the Voice acting in the game has gone wrong, many things went good actually, I don’t know who this Jenny is you’re talking about but I really like the Voice acting of the Sylvari Female how it is at the moment, it’s kinda cute.
But the phrase “It burns!” when you are set on fire actually sounds more like the Asura Female, and one Shout of the Guardian isn’t Voice Acted somehow.

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I may be stuck in an old school gaming mentality but not only do I not know who Jenny is, I don’t even stop to give a single care about voice acting. Some of my favorite games of all time have horrendous voice acting or none at all. I’m pretty sure voice acting is the last thing I would ever judge a game on. Must be some other oldschool gamers around that feel the same.

Either way? If you like her so much isn’t her having more roles good?

new Jenny voiceovers

pullnointer.1476

idk bruhh, it could use some polish, but I’m mainly talking about the implementation and software here. certain battle quotes feel out of place and story dialogue can be lifeless in places, but I feel they’ve done a decent job overall. I really hate some of the cheesy battle quotes and the female charr player character voice(and that’s the most cheesy out of all of them to top it off) and my only l80 alt is a female charr ele duh -.-

new Jenny voiceovers

pullnointer.1476

Tho some of the Voice acting in the game has gone wrong, many things went good actually, I don’t know who this Jenny is you’re talking about but I really like the Voice acting of the Sylvari Female how it is at the moment, it’s kinda cute.
But the phrase “It burns!” when you are set on fire actually sounds more like the Asura Female, and one Shout of the Guardian isn’t Voice Acted somehow.

Jennifer Hale… where have you been in the past 25 years? she is the VA for female sylvari and queen jennah. edit: you may recognize her in mass effect(shep) or diablo 3(leah) to name a few recent games

yeah I’d really like a “hold the line” fix. it sometimes says something completely different and I’ve heard it once actually saying “hold the line” and I main a guard..

(edited by pullnointer.1476)

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This. It’s been horrible since day 1, and isn’t getting any better. I don’t even think it’s the voice actor’s fault. I think it’s the script’s fault. Nolan North, for instance, is a talented voice actor (albeit a little over-used). He sounds like a lamer every time he delivers a line in this game.

Also: I couldn’t decide if Countess Anise was turning evil this time around, or if the voice actress just played her completely different than ever before… She sounded like she was about to start stealth-stabbing people though.

new Jenny voiceovers

pullnointer.1476

Either way? If you like her so much isn’t her having more roles good?

eh maybe. I just recognize her as every second female voice in the new patch and it’s disturbing ._.

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Jennifer Hale… where have you been in the past 25 years? she is the VA for female sylvari and queen jennah. edit: you may recognize her in mass effect(shep) or diablo 3(leah) to name a few recent games

yeah I’d really like a “hold the line” fix. it sometimes says something completely different and I’ve heard it once actually saying “hold the line” and I main a guard..

I think it’s not a good idea to assume everyone knows the voice actor behind the characters and NPCs, nor that they’ll instantly get it when you use Jenny instead of her name..

Probably would have been a good idea to clarify that in the first post, as I initially thought they were only talking about Queen Jennah’s voiceovers.

new Jenny voiceovers

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Some folks aren’t voice chasers like us.
I give people blank looks when they talk about sports athletes the same way they do me when I go on about how one guy voices (insert number) of characters.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!