new chat filter by default (pls change that)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

as the title says, pls change this adjustment, so everyone has to enable it by himself! many, many players will not recognize that this option is automatically activated and won’t see much of the chat anymore… (but maybe you just wanted that they think the “megaserver-problem” is solved… )

(edited by AlexPort.9204)

Posted by: Radzio.4183

Radzio.4183

is it so hard make 2 clicks?

AlexPort.9204

no, but as u know, the majority of the players dont read forums/update notes. thats the only concern i have.
i havent said anything about that anyone is to lazy to disable this option…

Posted by: Lexie.1028

Lexie.1028

is it so hard make 2 clicks?

One could turn that around and ask is it too hard to make 2 clicks to turn it on.

Maleakura | Daisuki [SUKI] Guild Leader | PvE Commander | Jade Quarry
«Alt Characters» Bellakuro • Keikosuki • Kimiyunna • Kiyomissa • Miriatori • Niasaki • Taratashi

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Soo, is the feature on/off globally like your keybinds, or you have to manually fix it for each character???

Can’t wait to log in and tamper with it!! I’m so excited, it makes my armpits blush!

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Lexie.1028

Lexie.1028

Soo, is the feature on/off globally like your keybinds, or you have to manually fix it for each character???

Seems to be a client option like your graphics option so I imagine you’ll only have to turn it off once.

Maleakura | Daisuki [SUKI] Guild Leader | PvE Commander | Jade Quarry
«Alt Characters» Bellakuro • Keikosuki • Kimiyunna • Kiyomissa • Miriatori • Niasaki • Taratashi

AlexPort.9204

the option is directly in your chat window. where the little cog is…

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Yes, but unless players are aware it’s there in the first place…

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

I just logged into the game to see if this thing works… I had it on by default, so i checked it by typing some phrases in English, French, Spanish, German and Greek.

And guess what : They all got through! Nothing got blocked, not even simple words like “Bonjour” or “Hola” or “Langweilig” (Yes, for those who understand the last word, that’s how the game feels right now to me, and no, i’m not German.)

What exactly this thing blocks, again?

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Heh surprise surprise…

Seems blocks based on game language setting, not the language actually used by the player in chat. So if you play with the interface set to english and type for example french in the chat, everyone with english interface will see it but nobody with french interface.

Talk about fixing the wrong issue…

I really do wonder if the whole megaserver thing is a cost cutting measure, as it reduces the number of partially filled instances that are running.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

• If someone is annoyed someone is speaking a language they don’t understand, and complain in chat about it, other players will tell them that they can turn this option on.
  • If someone thinks the chat is really quiet… what are they going to do? They don’t know about the option. They’re just going to think the game is dead. No one will tell them why things are quiet, because it’s quiet for them.

Seems pretty obvious to me it’s more effective for everyone to have it off by default. The first person will find the option because others will tell them about it, but the second person will continue to wonder what’s wrong.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If someone thinks the chat is really quiet… what are they going to do? They don’t know about the option. They’re just going to think the game is dead. No one will tell them why things are quiet, because it’s quiet for them.

• Assuming that no one in the map has the same UI language (usually English).
  • Assuming that no one in the map is from their server.
  • Assuming that no one in the map is from their guild.
  • Assuming that no one in the map is in their friendlist.

What exactly this thing blocks, again?

This:

Added a chat option – enabled by default – that shows only the messages coming from players sharing your client’s text language.

20 level 80s and counting.