new flame and frost dyes

new flame and frost dyes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Hello, so omfg. I just bought one of your flame dyes for like 6 gold worth of diamonds and got gray dye??? I thought they was new types of dyes or something, this gray dye is worth 1 silver on the TP.

MIND BLOWN

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Hello, so omfg. I just bought one of your flame dyes for like 6 gold worth of diamonds and got gray dye??? I thought they was new types of dyes or something, this gray dye is worth 1 silver on the TP.

MIND BLOWN

D:

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I sympathize OP. It says right in the description that it’s a random dye from a set of 25, six of which are new.

What you’re guying an a chance to get something special, not something special.

This is one of the biggest mistakes Anet has made in this game. It’s one of the reasons I boycotted those dyes and never bought one.

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I sympathize OP. It says right in the description that it’s a random dye from a set of 25, six of which are new.
This is one of the biggest mistakes Anet has made in this game. It’s one of the reasons I boycotted those dyes and never bought one.

So there’s a 24% chance to get a unique dye then? That’s not too abysmally low of a chance.

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So there’s a 24% chance to get a unique dye then? That’s not too abysmally low of a chance.

Maybe. But you can also buy several packs without getting a dye. That’s wasting money. I say they either sell the dyes or don’t sell the dyes. Or sell dye packs of three and guarantee at least one.

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Only if there is an equal chance for each color. Is that how it works ?

or is the drop chart something like:

1-95 one of the old colors
96-100 one of the new colors

(edited by Ashen.2907)

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

if you have the gold- buy the color you want straight off the TP- they are expensive but at least you are getting what you paid for

Gunnar’s Hold

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I bought 4 5-packs and got 4 flame and frost dyes and a white dye.

and again, if you don’t like RNG you can just buy em off the TP.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

new flame and frost dyes

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I opened 40 F&F dyes, and got 2 of the new colors (sadly, not the one I was looking for). Similar ratios back when they first were on sale. I’m pretty confident the distribution is not uniform.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.