new legendaries

new legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

The keyword is ‘planned’ and then they further stated that (like all plans) things could change.

You know what they say about ‘even the best laid plans’…..

There is a distinct difference between ‘planning’ on something happening, and ‘promising’ that something will happen.

That’s what all the politicians say. I promised, I planned, things changed. And it is so working for their popularity. In other words, you should not promise something you cannot deliver.

They didn’t promise though. They said we are working on ‘x’. We plan on having it done by the end of ‘y.’ However, as with all things related to development, this could change based on ‘a’ ‘b’ and ‘c’. That’s how it works. kitten happens.

It’s like you telling your kid you plan on doing ‘x’ with them, but instead something comes up and now you no longer have time to do ‘x’ with them. You planned on ‘x’, something else made it not possible to do in the time you had allotted for it. You neither lied, nor did you promise anything.

Nothing political about it. That’s just how life happens.

I would understand if they actually tried to work towards it. But instead of spending valuable time towards things that’s been asked for such a long time by so many, they’re putting their workload towards features like megaservers that’s nobody asked for it ridiculous.

Side note: people asked for underflow server that would trigger like an overflow if the minimum playercount wasn’t met, but it’d still work as an option where you can stay on the same map. What Anet did instead is put all their development power to create a complete overhaul. People didn’t like the idea of overflows either, instead we don’t have “overflows” anymore, since they’ve been renamed to “megaservers”.

In regards to your example with a kid. With Anet at this point, they couldn’t “hang with the kid” not because of actual reasons, but because they felt like painting a portrait of the backyard, which will end up on top of the pile in the basement covering dust. They need to adjust their priorities. Especially since Megaservers gave them more issues than thing they “fixed”. And yet they’re not addressing any of them either…

new legendaries

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

lol @ fanboys

Anet says one thing, does another and they have people defend them on forums for it. Luckily most people are smarter and don’t appreciate the deception.

Fanboys? Where? (I dare not even imagine what it is that stain on the monitor )

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

new legendaries

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would understand if they actually tried to work towards it. But instead of spending valuable time towards things that’s been asked for such a long time by so many, they’re putting their workload towards features like megaservers that’s nobody asked for it ridiculous.

Side note: people asked for underflow server that would trigger like an overflow if the minimum playercount wasn’t met, but it’d still work as an option where you can stay on the same map. What Anet did instead is put all their development power to create a complete overhaul. People didn’t like the idea of overflows either, instead we don’t have “overflows” anymore, since they’ve been renamed to “megaservers”.

In regards to your example with a kid. With Anet at this point, they couldn’t “hang with the kid” not because of actual reasons, but because they felt like painting a portrait of the backyard, which will end up on top of the pile in the basement covering dust. They need to adjust their priorities. Especially since Megaservers gave them more issues than thing they “fixed”. And yet they’re not addressing any of them either…

Oh that’s rich.

You know for certain that they absolutely put no effort towards it all? I’m assuming you can back that statement up with some proof? I mean, it’s not like a dev / community manager didn’t say just before the patch that the legendary stuff wouldn’t be in the patch due to it needing to be reworked. “Needing to be reworked” tells me that they at least made some progress on it, enough to see that it was no longer compatible with the recent updates.

Side Tangent: One downside to different teams, A does not always know what B is doing, and can cause such issues… happens a lot where I work, actually.

Back on topic: It sounds like your pulling some assumptions out of the air. You assume that the same people doing the legendary stuff are the same as those that did feature patch content (and they may have been, but no way to know). You also assume that they put all their development power into that one patch, and again maybe, but I doubt it. It may have been their focus, but I doubt everyone was dedicated to that.

This is no different than people saying they put all their development into LS, and it turns out that in fact all of their development wasn’t on LS. Several of the teams working on the feature pack items were/are completely separate from the LS teams. Additionally, they have/had people working on all the modifications for the China client (no small task).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

new legendaries

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Back on topic: It sounds like your pulling some assumptions out of the air. You assume that the same people doing the legendary stuff are the same as those that did feature patch content (and they may have been, but no way to know). You also assume that they put all their development power into that one patch, and again maybe, but I doubt it. It may have been their focus, but I doubt everyone was dedicated to that.

This is no different than people saying they put all their development into LS, and it turns out that in fact all of their development wasn’t on LS. Several of the teams working on the feature pack items were/are completely separate from the LS teams. Additionally, they have/had people working on all the modifications for the China client (no small task).

You did say one thing that was absolutely true, we all assume, and we don’t have any other choice as they don’t give us any concrete information at all so there is nothing left but assumption.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

new legendaries

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Fanboys? Where? (I dare not even imagine what it is that stain on the monitor )

The home screen on the phone gets me every time.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

new legendaries

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

You did say one thing that was absolutely true, we all assume, and we don’t have any other choice as they don’t give us any concrete information at all so there is nothing left but assumption.

ONE TEAM, ONE UNIT, one screw.

It doesn’t matter, one team slipped on this “added promise of content”

Attachments:

new legendaries

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And it’s fine to speculate, to an extent. It’s something entirely different to make remarks like they don’t keep their promises, they’ve done ‘no’ work on, etc etc.

You’re right, we don’t know. You’re also right that they aren’t talking to us, and this thread is an excellent example of why they aren’t talking to us. Colin tried telling us what projects they were working on. Tried giving us a tentative timeline as to when they planned to have it done. It was stated that it was not set in stone. It was stated that it could be pushed back or even scrapped depending on various things. As soon as the tentative deadline passed (even though Colin stated prior to the end of the year that they weren’t going to make that deadline, but the project wasn’t scrapped by any means) people start kittening that Anet did’t keep their promise when they did not promise anything. They were simply trying to be transparent in regards to projects being worked on.

new legendaries

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

All we are asking for is a new ETA for the new legendaries. Something as vague as “later this year” would do.

new legendaries

LanfearShadowflame.3189

All we are asking for is a new ETA for the new legendaries. Something as vague as “later this year” would do.

I’d like that too, honestly. I’d like to see Colin do another looking ahead blog.

However, based on how the community tends to respond when things don’t go 100% according to plan, I find it highly doubtful that he will. This is not the first thread bashing them for ‘not keeping promises’ (that they didn’t make to begin with).

new legendaries

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

And it’s fine to speculate, to an extent. It’s something entirely different to make remarks like they don’t keep their promises, they’ve done ‘no’ work on, etc etc.

You’re right, we don’t know. You’re also right that they aren’t talking to us, and this thread is an excellent example of why they aren’t talking to us. Colin tried telling us what projects they were working on. Tried giving us a tentative timeline as to when they planned to have it done. It was stated that it was not set in stone. It was stated that it could be pushed back or even scrapped depending on various things. As soon as the tentative deadline passed (even though Colin stated prior to the end of the year that they weren’t going to make that deadline, but the project wasn’t scrapped by any means) people start kittening that Anet did’t keep their promise when they did not promise anything. They were simply trying to be transparent in regards to projects being worked on.

I tend to agree. I can easily see why they don’t want to make any announcments or updates on many things. First, everything they say tends to be taken WAY out of context, and second, any responses that are made are met with severe critisism, mockery, and hostility. We don’t really know anything thats going on, we can only speculate, and then without proper information. The things that are planned will come out when it’s ready to come out. Whining and complaining won’t help it come out faster, if it was me on the dev team working on the precursers and legendaries, I would make sure to take my sweet time about it just to irritate those calling me a liar and useless….but thats just me.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

new legendaries

Romo.3709

This is where we have our misunderstanding. I understand that stuff happens and they didn’t promise anything. What I’m annoyed with is that the thing is being pushed back over and over again. Stuff happens can be used once, maybe twice. But they already used up their 2 get-out-of-jail cards. “Stuff happens” is not an excuse anymore. Precursor crafting was first mentioned in the first months after release, then it was said it’ll be done within the first months of the year (2013), then pushed back back to be done within the next 6 months… Now they’re saying it wouldn’t even work anymore. It’s not players calling out Anet about promises, it’s players running out of patience.

new legendaries

Vlad Morbius.1759

I am not unrealistic, and I’m not blind to the changes that can occur in business but that doesn’t give them an excuse not to give their customers information or updates on those projects. It isn’t a lot to ask and it isn’t something that would take a tremendous amount of effort. What do you think is more harmful, a truthful update about where things stand or cutting us off from information all together and let people stew over the lack of it then bombard us with gem store fluff?

I also agree it isn’t easy to come to these forums to deal with those who are unreasonable but that doesn’t mean we all are and many of us supported them financially through the past 18 months and when we ask for updates we get nothing. They want to be treated with respect, well as a customer so do I, what is wrong with that?

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

new legendaries

Vlad Morbius.1759

I tend to agree. I can easily see why they don’t want to make any announcments or updates on many things. First, everything they say tends to be taken WAY out of context, and second, any responses that are made are met with severe critisism, mockery, and hostility. We don’t really know anything thats going on, we can only speculate, and then without proper information. The things that are planned will come out when it’s ready to come out. Whining and complaining won’t help it come out faster, if it was me on the dev team working on the precursers and legendaries, I would make sure to take my sweet time about it just to irritate those calling me a liar and useless….but thats just me.

I tend to agree that many things get taken way out of context but don’t kid yourself they aren’t completely innocent in that behavior either. Many a time things have been spun like they are going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread only to turn out to be far less than that. I also include terrible reporting by certain game sites which have been very guilty of blowing things out of proportion.

To the 2nd part of your statement, there is nothing gained by irritating your customer base and I highly doubt that is their motivation, obviously someone there thinks this is the right way to handle things, I’m just here to loudly disagree with that method.

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

new legendaries

pdavis.8031

To the 2nd part of your statement, there is nothing gained by irritating your customer base and I highly doubt that is their motivation, obviously someone there thinks this is the right way to handle things, I’m just here to loudly disagree with that method.

I’m not saying that it’s the right way to handle it, or even if thats what they are doing. I’m saying that we don’t know anything about whats going on, and complaining about it isn’t going to help move things along. It’s only going to make those complaining even more anxious and quicker to bash the company and rage quit because “promises were made but not fulfilled” instead of enjoying the content we DO have and eagerly awaiting the things coming down the road.

recognize my command!”

new legendaries

Romo.3709

I’m not saying that it’s the right way to handle it, or even if thats what they are doing. I’m saying that we don’t know anything about whats going on, and complaining about it isn’t going to help move things along. It’s only going to make those complaining even more anxious and quicker to bash the company and rage quit because “promises were made but not fulfilled” instead of enjoying the content we DO have and eagerly awaiting the things coming down the road.

Sitting quiet is also not gonna move anything along, because they’re simply realize “Hey, it’s working! No problems here.”

And what content are you even referring to?

new legendaries

pdavis.8031

Sitting quiet is also not gonna move anything along, because they’re simply realize “Hey, it’s working! No problems here.”

And what content are you even referring to?

content? umm fractals, dungeons, world bosses, JP’s, WvW, PvP, map completion, crafting, basically the entire game. I know there hasn’t been anything NEW in awhile, and the Living Story doesn’t really count as “new”, although I enjoyed it.

I guess the main point im trying to make is, complaints do more harm than good. We’ve seen terrible nerfs, buffs, updates and patches that were rolled out that nobody like or wants because of complaints. Warriors are a good example. Warriors, in the beginning weren’t all that, people complained. They got a major buff. Then it was warriors are OP, so they got a nerf. But to stay on topic. The way I see it, the less the devs have to answer complaints, the more time they have to work on what they need to.

recognize my command!”

new legendaries

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I love that the GW2 title “Been There Done That” applies to most of the content that players have been playing for the last 2 years.
New legendaries would be welcome but only if there is an expansion, not let make people grind the same boring dungeons and meta events for another 6 months so they can have a bow that doesn’t shoot rainbows, flowers and glitter bombs.
GW2 needs new content, and I can only hope that the elder dragon we saw is going to rear it’s ugly head soon,!
I think I have killed Ulgoth so many times I can count the hairs on his maine and I have a strange new obsession with hummingbirds.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

new legendaries

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They can’t. They would say that and then miss the deadline again and ruin everyones’ feels. Just pretend that we’ll get them sometime within the next 5 years I guess. Seems like a long enough window. It’ll be announced the moment they are actually near finished with it~

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

new legendaries

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Best failgame 2012+ carried on just by lies, false promises, temporizing, farm addicted or people wich didn’t play GW1 nor any MMO

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

new legendaries

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

New legendaries are bound to come out when precursor crafting is released, it’s only logical, and precursor crafting won’t be released in the near future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

Honestly I don’t think it’s ever coming, they’ve been talking about it for a year and a half now and keep pushing it back and saying alleged work done on it needs to be completely redone, it’s like the third time they’ve had to scrap it and start at the beginning.

The best part is that they’re back to drawing board, since they said that their initial plan for crafting doesn’t fit the game system the way it is now. So, probably another year or two.

That’s what I find most disturbing, how many times can they plan something only to realise it’s a completely fail idea, they’re up to the 4th one now (and considering there’s item codes that showed at least some work has occurred on previous system that’s a lot of wasted time and money on bad planning), it’s becoming a bit of a joke at this point. If this was a project and Anet was working for a client that’d be in breach of contract at this point which is disturbing and doesn’t provide me with a lot of confidence.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

new legendaries

pdavis.8031

^
Duke nukem forever ring any bells?

recognize my command!”

new legendaries

Romo.3709

I guess the main point im trying to make is, complaints do more harm than good. We’ve seen terrible nerfs, buffs, updates and patches that were rolled out that nobody like or wants because of complaints. Warriors are a good example. Warriors, in the beginning weren’t all that, people complained. They got a major buff. Then it was warriors are OP, so they got a nerf. But to stay on topic. The way I see it, the less the devs have to answer complaints, the more time they have to work on what they need to.

If nobody would complain, nothing would ever get fixed. And Anet would think everything is rainbow and butterflies. Some complains are just whining, but many are very constructive criticism. The problem Anet has it seem, that lately they take everything as whining, rather than read into the criticism. Megaservers are a very good example in which a lot of bad came out of it, making the good minuscule. People presented ideas and possible fixes to the issues they’ve been experiencing for over two weeks now. Rather than working with the playerbase on fixing said issues, they kept rolling out Megaservers to every map in the game, when they specifically said they want to test them out with small number first and see how we respond. It’s almost like Anet is looking through beer goggles seeing everyone happy with what they’re doing.

I’m not saying give us dates, so when you fail to meet deadlines we can crucify you. I’m saying work with us. Communicate with your playerbase. Gather feedback and bounce those ideas back and forth with us. Rather than sitting quiet in this closed box that nobody is allowed to look at.

CDI seems to be an attempt towards those ideals, but 1 person can’t make the difference, especially since that one person is not experienced in all areas in the game as a player.

new legendaries

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

CDI seems to be an attempt towards those ideals, but 1 person can’t make the difference, especially since that one person is not experienced in all areas in the game as a player.

Call me skeptical, but I don’t think the CDI’s have borne much fruit yet.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]