new patch on tomorrow

new patch on tomorrow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: protex.9708

protex.9708

what time is it? anyone know where the patch note is?

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

As with all previous patches, we don’t know, and the patch notes usually come the day of the patch

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Free content patches every two weeks – this is insane haha!

No company is doing this, GW2 is really setting the bar

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I like this game but this pace probably won’t keep up. I saw a post by Colin in one of the discussions about lag time between development and implementation. Any bump/glitch derails the process a long time forward.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I understand that they don’t want to commit to a 2 week content patch schedule, but this makes 6 weeks in a row which is pretty darn exciting. I mean, I was blown away by free monthly content patches – this is really incredible

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

noon pacific seems to be what they usually aim for on patch days.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Isn’t tomorrow Everybody Gank Canach Day?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Its great that they give us new content so often… if it only could be permanent and makes me feel like the game is evolving…

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I have more hope on the balance part.

Better balanced thief or better (an complete overhold ^^)

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Tengu.4209

Tengu.4209

I sense…your Thief hate…it only feeds my stalking of WvW.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]
Ajini – Thief – Commander

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It has been confirmed that this patch won’t bring balancing changes. It’ll mostly focus on bug fixes, on that regard.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Well if they fix bugs regarding traits and such, that may be considered a balance change.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

These things usually seem to come online around midnight.

At least the gem store parts do.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I don’t even mind thieves stalking, I mind when they don’t have the balls to finish a fight. I got in five different 1v1s with thieves during my WvW time yesterday, spanked every one of them, and every single one stealthed away rather than taking their loss like a man. Though I guess kill credit from a bloody coward shouldn’t be worth much anyway.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I don’t even mind thieves stalking, I mind when they don’t have the balls to finish a fight. I got in five different 1v1s with thieves during my WvW time yesterday, spanked every one of them, and every single one stealthed away rather than taking their loss like a man. Though I guess kill credit from a bloody coward shouldn’t be worth much anyway.

Thieves… masters of psychological warfare… they are winning. The more you are bothered by it, the more they win =D

Whether they died, or ran away, either way it is all the same to me, I still won.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Eh my only problem with thieves is the constant stealthing and blinds. It’s nearly impossible to do anything to one. That coupled with high damage can make for a really deadly and overpowered class. I don’t want an argument though. Just stating my opinion

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

Thieves… masters of psychological warfare… they are winning. The more you are bothered by it, the more they win =D

Whether they died, or ran away, either way it is all the same to me, I still won.

Not having a pair = The greatest loss there is

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Best thing you can do is check where they normally post the patch times etc.
Twitter,
Facebook, probably even Tumblr or Myspace, but not the forums ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

new patch on tomorrow

eisberg.2379

Try telling that to the military who will try for a retreat if they are in a losing battle.
They are not being cowards for running from a losing battle, they are using common sense and using what they have to live to fight another day.

As long as you are bothered by it, they win. If they run away from you, you have won, remember that.

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

Try telling that to the military who will try for a retreat if they are in a losing battle.
They are not being cowards for running from a losing battle, they are using common sense and using what they have to live to fight another day.

As long as you are bothered by it, they win. If they run away from you, you have won, remember that.

Inapplicable. Not real life, not a battle, it’s a game. If a football player won’t play his best or runs away because he’s afraid of getting hit or losing, he’s a coward.

new patch on tomorrow

Tengu.4209

Well…see those Thieves apparently couldn’t dis-engage very well if you caught up to them…

I get what you mean, but unless I know I can end you, I am not going to engage you. Sometimes (zerg runs) I’ll fight just to fight and have fun, but when roaming with a point, I don’t engage every target I see.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

new patch on tomorrow

Tengu.4209

Inapplicable. Not real life, not a battle, it’s a game. If a football player won’t play his best for his team because he’s afraid of getting hit or losing, he’s a coward.

By that logic though we would the QB give the ball to anyone else and not just take the hit when he knew he was going to get hit? He wants to win even at the cost of his self. Thieves want to win so bad sometimes they don’t think before they start a fight.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

new patch on tomorrow

Tengu.4209

Eh my only problem with thieves is the constant stealthing and blinds. It’s nearly impossible to do anything to one. That coupled with high damage can make for a really deadly and overpowered class. I don’t want an argument though. Just stating my opinion

You won’t get any argument from me, Blind Powder/Smoke Fields is what the meta (read: common everyman runnable) builds are atm. I don’t use Smoke Fields just because I never liked how cheaply they can be spammed. The Blind + Stealth is too much.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

Inapplicable. Not real life, not a battle, it’s a game. If a football player won’t play his best for his team because he’s afraid of getting hit or losing, he’s a coward.

By that logic though we would the QB give the ball to anyone else and not just take the hit when he knew he was going to get hit? He wants to win even at the cost of his self. Thieves want to win so bad sometimes they don’t think before they start a fight.

QB does whatever he thinks is most likely to gain yardage or score a point, sometimes that means taking a hit and sometimes it means handing off to someone else. It never means quitting the field.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Some improvements to WvW, PvE changes with mindless events so casual players have something to do and pay for while ANet plan the next update

new patch on tomorrow

eisberg.2379

QB does whatever he thinks is most likely to gain yardage or score a point, sometimes that means taking a hit and sometimes it means handing off to someone else. It never means quitting the field.

WvW or PvP isn’t a sport, it is battle, so my example still stand, dieing does zero good for the team. Running away does more good for the team, then just staying there knowing you are going to die. If one dies, then other team members have to quit doing battle to rez you, or you have to rez some where else and run back to battle, and this is worse for the team then running away. Run away, and the time needed to get back into battle and being more useful for the team is far less then waiting for a rez or having to run back into battle.

As long as anybody running away bothers you, then they are winning, you are more likely to make more mistakes if you are being bothered by something.

Anyways, hoping the next patch makes the open world even more rewarding.

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

WvW or PvP isn’t a sport, it is battle, so my example still stand, dieing does zero good for the team. Running away does more good for the team, then just staying there knowing you are going to die. If one dies, then other team members have to quit doing battle to rez you, or you have to rez some where else and run back to battle, and this is worse for the team then running away. Run away, and the time needed to get back into battle and being more useful for the team is far less then waiting for a rez or having to run back into battle.

As long as anybody running away bothers you, then they are winning, you are more likely to make more mistakes if you are being bothered by something.

I’m so sorry, I should have though of all the people who have died in those terrible battles. We’ll never see them again, a moment of silence…

Oh wait, it’s fantasy, meant to be an enjoyable pastime, there’s a respawn rate, and it’s a game. If you take it so seriously, that’s your problem, not the games, or mine, or that of the remainder of the playerbase who see it for what it is and treats it as such. The rest of us just want to have fun, and it is no fun to see one enemy after another run away like a pig-tailed little girl because the game mode has been designed to discourage any interaction where you don’t have a massive advantage over your opponent.

The mode as it is now would be the equivalent of all NFL teams refusing to play anyone but college teams, because they have a chance of losing against a fellow professional team, and we can’t have that now can we? The game mode is still fun, obviously I think so since I play it, but it needs improvement, and ignoring the good and fun play habits which it discourages isn’t going to help anybody.

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’m so sorry, I should have though of all the people who have died in those terrible battles. We’ll never see them again, a moment of silence…

Oh wait, it’s fantasy, meant to be an enjoyable pastime, there’s a respawn rate, and it’s a game. If you take it so seriously, that’s your problem, not the games, or mine, or that of the remainder of the playerbase who see it for what it is and treats it as such. The rest of us just want to have fun, and it is no fun to see one enemy after another run away like a pig-tailed little girl because the game mode has been designed to discourage any interaction where you don’t have a massive advantage over your opponent.

The mode as it is now would be the equivalent of all NFL teams refusing to play anyone but college teams, because they have a chance of losing against a fellow professional team, and we can’t have that now can we? The game mode is still fun, obviously I think so since I play it, but it needs improvement, and ignoring the good and fun play habits which it discourages isn’t going to help anybody.

Seems to be your the one that is taking it a bit to serious. You know what else “pig-tailed little girl”s do? They QQ about a player, in a game, running away. LMAO

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Seems to be your the one that is taking it a bit to serious. You know what else “pig-tailed little girl”s do? They QQ about a player, in a game, running away. LMAO

lol stole the word right off my keyboard.

I have a thief. I don’t care much about them. (I main Mesmer). My thief is in yellows and all I do is steal boons/give boons with traits like Thrill of the Crime. If I’m in a pretty nasty mood… I harass a zerg (or a group/roamer) using stealth to ""troll" them, by constantly retreating and engaging. It’s especially fun when I target some fellow with Basilisk Venom and laugh at them.

Anyway back on topic. I’m glad they are fixing bugs hopefully they fix the ones where broken traits are usable.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

will Legendaries get more effects added in today patch?

R.I.P Kumu <3

new patch on tomorrow

eisberg.2379

Yup, agreed.

Like I said earlier, Thieves the masters of psychological warfare, and that guy proves they are winning =D

new patch on tomorrow

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

when can we get Ascended weapons & armors?

R.I.P Kumu <3

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

Right, because I’m the one who had the lack of respect for real world soldiers and combatants to compare their risking their lives in the name of their country and/or faith to a game. This conversation turned serious when you made that inapt comparison.

The game mode has it’s flaws, players adjust naturally to those flaws, in this case causing players to avoid combat to a maddening degree. And that’s not fun for anyone. And it’s not just thieves, everybody is too strongly discouraged from fighting in WvW, thieves just have the abilities necessary to always break from combat regardless of any strategy their opponent employs, making them the most egregious offenders.

new patch on tomorrow

Villious.8530

I made no “inapt comparisons”. You’re confusing me with someone else. Even if I had made a comparison (which I didn’t), I am a retired soldier and vet of 20 years, so I’ll compare as I like. You should lighten up, your gonna have a stroke. It’s only a game.

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

It’s only a game.

The point I made in the last dozen posts. However, ’It’s a game’ is no excuse to claim that the game can’t be critiqued and improved upon as the previous poster stated.

I made no “inapt comparisons”. You’re confusing me with someone else. Even if I had made a comparison (which I didn’t), I am a retired soldier and vet of 20 years, so I’ll compare as I like. You should lighten up, your gonna have a stroke.

I don’t care, at all, about your life experience. That comparison was disrespectful, defending it made it yours. And you did so right now in the present, whatever you’ve done in the past is irrelevant. If you don’t agree with what you defended, maybe next time you should actually participate in the conversation instead of bandwagoning in without taking into account the context of the conversation.

And don’t out and out attack someone, then try to pull the hippie card. I’ll defend my opinion. Don’t like it? Don’t address it. Don’t have the ability to defend yours? Then leave, preferably without making childish attacks then telling people they shouldn’t be offended by them.

new patch on tomorrow

Villious.8530

It’s only a game.

The point I made in the last dozen posts. However, ’It’s a game’ is no excuse to claim that the game can’t be critiqued and improved upon as the previous poster stated.

I made no “inapt comparisons”. You’re confusing me with someone else. Even if I had made a comparison (which I didn’t), I am a retired soldier and vet of 20 years, so I’ll compare as I like. You should lighten up, your gonna have a stroke.

I don’t care, at all, about your life experience. That comparison was disrespectful, defending it made it yours. And you did so right now in the present, whatever you’ve done in the past is irrelevant. If you don’t agree with what you defended, maybe next time you should actually participate in the conversation instead of bandwagoning in without taking into account the context of the conversation.

And don’t out and out attack someone, then try to pull the hippie card. I’ll defend my opinion. Don’t like it? Don’t address it. Don’t have the ability to defend yours? Then leave, preferably without making childish attacks then telling people they shouldn’t be offended by them.

Holy cow!!! Issues much??? Have a wonderful day :-)

new patch on tomorrow

Conncept.7638

Holy cow!!! Issues much??? Have a wonderful day :-)

Well let’s see

1. Enters thread
2. Proceeds to post insults against a forumite whose point he hasn’t even explored (or read).
3. When the argument of that forumite is pointed out realizes he doesn’t agree with what he just unthinkingly defended.
4. Tries to save face by hiding behind his military service
5. Demands that the person he insulted not be offended by what he clearly intended to be offensive

Yeah, at this point, I have an issue, with your sickening conduct!

new patch on tomorrow

Villious.8530

Vayne, if you read this thread, I’d like to apologize for anything I’ve ever said against you. This thread, or parts of it, have given me perspective……a LOT of perspective….

new patch on tomorrow

eisberg.2379

It’s only a game.

Except the comparison wasn’t disrespectful at all, talked to my father, co-workers, and friends who have all been in battle, and none of them say it was disrespectful at all, and they all agree with me, nothing cowardly about it and all consider it a smart move. There is no rule, offical or otherwise, stating that when battle starts either you or your opponent must die before it can end, running away is perfectly valid and is a smart move to do. They also agreed that people would be idiots to not try to escape if they find themselves about to lose, cause it does the team zero good to just stay there and die, if you can live longer and run away, you can get back into battle even quicker. They also agreed that it is a good thing to run away, because if the player is bothered and gets upset by another player running away, there is a good chance that upset player will not do as well in battle because of that.

new patch on tomorrow

Villious.8530

It’s only a game.

Except the comparison wasn’t disrespectful at all, talked to my father, co-workers, and friends who have all been in battle, and none of them say it was disrespectful at all, and they all agree with me, nothing cowardly about it and all consider it a smart move. There is no rule, offical or otherwise, stating that when battle starts either you or your opponent must die before it can end, running away is perfectly valid and is a smart move to do. They also agreed that people would be idiots to not try to escape if they find themselves about to lose, cause it does the team zero good to just stay there and die, if you can live longer and run away, you can get back into battle even quicker. They also agreed that it is a good thing to run away, because if the player is bothered and gets upset by another player running away, there is a good chance that upset player will not do as well in battle because of that.

You’re fine Eisberg. Military vets will know exactly what you are talking about. For most, it’s not rocket science. This is a game…have fun :-)