new specs r unfair to people who don't pve

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MindWipe.3028

MindWipe.3028

So it turns out to unlock a hot spec you need a ton of those hero points. Only thing is if you unlocked the other trait lines you don’t have any hero points. I think this is extremely unfair to players that don’t pve because if you do anything other, it would take an insane amount of time to get all those. for a guy that has 6 level 80s and hates to pve, you can see why i don’t like this system . I think they will be unlocked in pvp, but please consider a change for those who like to wvw.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Please link the site that tells us how many hero points will be needed, or even if it will require hero points at all, as I can’t find it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Please link the site that tells us how many hero points will be needed, or even if it will require hero points at all, as I can’t find it.

Isn’t it common knowledge that we need Hero Points to unlock, (well, maybe better terms are complete?, fill out? make available?) Specializations, Elite or otherwise?

It certainly showed up that way in one of the early betas. I’m pretty sure there is a News Blog about it. (Not the number of HPs, but that they are needed, of course.)

If we don’t, there will be a lot of mad wet hens about who spent a lot of time getting Hero Points on their characters in preparation for the release of Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Don’t you get hero points for every level up? Its includes experience from WvW as well.

My lvl80 WvW character never does PvE or PvP , but is resting on 120+ hero points even after unlocking every base mastery track. I’d assume tome of knowledge from Pvp gives hero points as well.

But yes it will be slower then playing PvE, but then again, the same can be said for earning gold.

If all fails, there is still Eotm…..

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

No, you used to get skill points from leveling up, they took that away.

I do hope they address the ability to unlock elites. It is not just a problem for wvwers but for us pveers who never go out of our way to complete maps.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

So it turns out to unlock a hot spec you need a ton of those hero points. Only thing is if you unlocked the other trait lines you don’t have any hero points. I think this is extremely unfair to players that don’t pve because if you do anything other, it would take an insane amount of time to get all those. for a guy that has 6 level 80s and hates to pve, you can see why i don’t like this system . I think they will be unlocked in pvp, but please consider a change for those who like to wvw.

Sorry but I feel the same way about the mat’s that will be required to craft a precursor and can only be acquired through PvP. The dev’s have decided that they will force everyone to play all aspects of the game.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry but I feel the same way about the mat’s that will be required to craft a precursor and can only be acquired through PvP. The dev’s have decided that they will force everyone to play all aspects of the game.

The mats that are used in Legendary crafting that are PvP- and WvW-centric are both tradable, and thus can be purchased on the TP. So, no worries there. =)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Isn’t it common knowledge that we need Hero Points to unlock, (well, maybe better terms are complete?, fill out? make available?) Specializations, Elite or otherwise?

It certainly showed up that way in one of the early betas. I’m pretty sure there is a News Blog about it. (Not the number of HPs, but that they are needed, of course.)

If we don’t, there will be a lot of mad wet hens about who spent a lot of time getting Hero Points on their characters in preparation for the release of Heart of Thorns.

Hard to say. Now they say you have to go to the Maguuma and play in there to unlock it. Presumably if it only was hero points, you could unlock it anywhere.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/its-the-final-countdown/
Our journey is nearly over—very soon, you will be gliding through the jungle canopy, battling to level 100 in fractals, building a guild hall with your friends, overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization, competing with your friends and guildmates to get to the top of our new minigame adventure leaderboards

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, read that. I figured the OP was talking about what we do to acquire the traits, skills, runes, armor skin, weapon skin, F-key mechanic, etc. when he said ‘unlock’. That has been stated to require Hero Points.

Now, if we need to do something before getting to that point, as seems to be indicated in the latest blog post, I’m not sure what that is, and it sounds like some kind of action.

As I said, though, I didn’t think the OP was referring to that particular mechanic, but it wouldn’t be the first time I was confused. =)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, read that. I figured the OP was talking about what we do to acquire the traits, skills, runes, armor skin, weapon skin, F-key mechanic, etc. when he said ‘unlock’. That has been stated to require Hero Points.

Now, if we need to do something before getting to that point, as seems to be indicated in the latest blog post, I’m not sure what that is, and it sounds like some kind of action.

As I said, though, I didn’t think the OP was referring to that particular mechanic, but it wouldn’t be the first time I was confused. =)

Yah, they said that in the past about the hero points but they also said originally that there would be hero points needed from PvE to unlock the regular traits. After a loud outcry from WvW and others they changed it to the core unlocked fully at level 80, no extra hero points needed.

Saying that doing challenges in the new areas is needed makes me wonder if they didn’t put in some sort of mastery track instead of hero points.

About what mechanic op was referring to he did say So it turns out to unlock a hot spec you need a ton of those hero points. which is what I’m assuming is his main concern.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I played beta so I can tell you , you will not need to be concerned with elite spec points taking long to get you squared away. The grind will come in the form of masteries. You cannot unlock elite spec till 80, but once you hit 80 it really isn;’t a big deal.

Instant to 80 can customize elite first then 2 more and still be fine, people leveling old fashioned will find they have more than enough to get their spec going. It really is a non issue.

Hot incoming in less than a week, I’m pretty exited!