"new types of legendary gear in 2013"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sndhatch.6907

Sndhatch.6907

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
Under “Legendary Gear and Precursors”
“On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”

Can we expect some more time gated collect-a-thon with mandatory crafting? Or will it actually be fun, more like how the Halloween boots were awarded – actually completing legendary feats for legendary gear?

IMO, one is content, the other is crap. InB4 !!legendary achievement – kill 5,000 boars!!

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Legendary trinkets will be available this means they will scale up to all new, higher tier, but i dont think they will add anything above ascended soon. And also you will be able to change stat combo any time ooc. This function will be also coming on current weapons.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

New types of legendary gear probably means parts of an armour set. Chest, Shoulders, Helmet,Gauntlets etc. Hopefully we will be able to upgrade the existing dungeon armour sets to legendary, with new looks and effects.

Edit: I would so love to see a Legendary Arah Armour Set or Legendary Ascalonian Armour Set.

(edited by Zoid.2568)

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I’d hope they keep the power plateau exactly the same as it is now. However, add in the flexibility of being able to change legendaries stats whenever you like. E.g switch from Carrion stats to Bexerket stats without needing to transmute or keep lots of versions of the same armor to suit all the builds you play.

More power, No. Very bad move. More flexibility, yup

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

InB4 !!legendary achievement – kill 5,000 boars!!

That´s how you “achieve” legendaries now!

Time-gated recipes like with the crystals should´ve been in from the start, so that the first half-crazed grinders hadn´t been able to show off after one ridiculous month.

I know this view is very hated by the "Precious, I wants it now! " crowd, but making legendaries basically a reward for regular and loyal players is much more appealing to me.

Polish > hype

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

How delusional do you have to be to think that there are mmos without grind? I mean those games are supposed to be huge timesinks. If you don’t want to “waste” time on them play a good singleplayer RPG like The Witcher 2 or Gothic 1-3. It’s not like there aren’t any alternatives.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

InB4 !!legendary achievement – kill 5,000 boars!!

That´s how you “achieve” legendaries now!

Time-gated recipes like with the crystals should´ve been in from the start, so that the first half-crazed grinders hadn´t been able to show off after one ridiculous month.

I know this view is very hated by the "Precious, I wants it now! " crowd, but making legendaries basically a reward for regular and loyal players is much more appealing to me.

What’s wrong with “I want it now” if you’re willing to work for it? What exactly are you asking for? Equal reward for unequal effort? Do you think you should get a legendary just for logging in and playing for a little bit each week, and get it at the same time as someone who plays like they have no real life?

People have real lives and real responsibilities and things that take priority over a game (I know I do) so there’s nothing wrong with being a casual player, but that means it’s going to take you longer to finish end game content. And that’s the way it should be. It took me 5 months to finish my first legendary. There were people who had 6-7 legendary weapons by then. Why do you have a problem with people who can do something faster than you?

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Hopefully they bring legendary town clothes next!

Legendary banana hammock anyone?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If charged quartz crystals are any indicator of the design direction this game’s taking you be safe to assume new Legendary gear will be time-gated.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They should fix the current legendary first. The scepter and focus are so lame. But I really would enjoy to see new legendary (that feel legendary).

I agree that they should make the legendary obtenable through a legendary way, not by a massive farming.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Sndhatch.6907

Sndhatch.6907

If you don’t want to “waste” time on them play a good singleplayer RPG

Its not a “waste”, its a boring waste of time to walk around the same area once a day, pick the same crystals, and upgrade the same material once a day, to craft armor after a month of doing that.

Which sounds more legendary, a sword you played 52 pick up once a day for a year to obtain, or a sword that you had to kill every dragon in the game to upgrade to legendary?

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Like killing every dragon in the game is legendary. “Oh my, my hand has fallen asleep tapping 1! How legendary!”

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic