new vendor RNG for High rollers!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It seems I just had the luckiest day of my life. Most people are reporting losses on the vendor.

Use at your own risk.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I like the fact you got to 5000g before thinking there might be something wrong…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The new ecto vendor is very broken…

I made 5000g from it already… I stopped since it seemed wrong… might want to disable it.

Could you please say what kinda loot you received? I only tried it once and got junk.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

This is probably a gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8. Trying to bait people into buying ectos.

Posted by: Broken.1386

Broken.1386

Lol. Baiting people into buying ectos. Nice try I suppose.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Screenshots or it didn’t happen.

ZudetGambeous.9573

nope i’m quite serious…

got enough components to make a MF conduit too

Attachments:

Broken.1386

nope i’m quite serious…

..I take back what I said.. How in the hell. Which one of the three options did you buy?

GscGunner.2419

Thats still nowhere near 5000, and you could have had the item before :P

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

If this is truly broken. I expect that this will be fixed soon and exploiting it may end up having repercussions. Especially after posting this on the forums. js Report Bug and call it done. Knowing that this is probably bad and getting 5k and then making a conduit? idk meng seems pretty borderline to exploitation.

ZudetGambeous.9573

nope i’m quite serious…

..I take back what I said.. How in the hell. Which one of the three options did you buy?

The ascended one… costs 250 ectos +100g, but seems to return 300 ectos and 120g on average.

still selling ectos, so I don’t have all my gold back yet….

A few of my guildies tried it and seem to have lost gold… so I may just be having the luckiest day of my life… still should look into it though.

Attachments:

Broken.1386

I’m getting the 300 ectos back but I don’t see where you’re getting the 120g from. I get 25g back at max from 3 tries.

You must be getting lucky

Baldrick.8967

can’t even find the vendor- is it the one at the top of the JP (if it is, it’s very safe from me, as i can’t reach it).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: skyland.4159

skyland.4159

so basicly what anet did (without even a warning) is ruin the market for mystic forge conduits… if only i knew they whould kitten it up this badly i whould have sold mine long time ago… the price went down from 1200g ish to 500g….

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

I literally lost 170 ectos and 50g at this vendor just now

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

What? I’m stuck at work, what does this new vendor do??

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Well, after testing the vendor thanks to the hopes given to me by this thread, I have now lost about 250 gold. I’m feeling pretty crappy now for believing it.

Please close this thread or amend your original post before you cause more people grief.

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Well, after testing the vendor thanks to the hopes given to me by this thread, I have now lost about 250 gold. I’m feeling pretty crappy now for believing it.

Please close this thread or amend your original post before you cause more people grief.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Broken.1386

This. Hope has turned into sadness.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Would be nice if someone official could confirm if this is working as intended or not.

A handful of attempts have indeed given me quite a few gold and ectos in return. But before I try anything more, I would kinda love to know if I’ve just gotten really lucky or if something is indeed broken.

Baldrick.8967

found him, returned 300 for 250, but cost 100gold, so a small loss

GscGunner.2419

I did a 2×250 ecto and got jack kitten. Its probably just a ecto bait ^^

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Warning this thread is likely an attempt of speculation and price manipulation.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I bought the ascended quality and got 500 ectos + 25 gold in sellable junk + a level 15 “Sweet Ring.” The exotic quality only gave me 10 ectos and 1 gold in sellable junk. Seems likely to either come out even or take a small loss.

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

If you buy the 5 ecto one over and over again you generally have a steady loss. If you purchase the higher tier ones, you might get lucky or you’ll lose everything. I was doing pretty good with the 50 ecto ones but then I got the “10 ectoplasm, 1x 1g vendor trash” reward 5 times in a row.

Posted by: dragon.9350

dragon.9350

nope i’m quite serious…

lol nice try but even wiki says and i quote

Notes
The number of conduits is limited, because the only source of the components to forge one, the Mystic Chest, was removed from the game as part of the September 25, 2012 game update.

so i am with a few people here this is nothing more then an ecto sink hole and a guy trying to jack up ecto prices

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

nope i’m quite serious…

Notes
The number of conduits is limited, because the only source of the components to forge one, the Mystic Chest, was removed from the game as part of the September 25, 2012 game update.

so i am with a few people here this is nothing more then an ecto sink hole and a guy trying to jack up ecto prices

Didn’t dawn on you that, y’know, with the patch being like an hour old, maybe the wiki isn’t updated yet? I got a Mystic Frame, so yeah, it does drop Conduit pieces.

Posted by: dragon.9350

dragon.9350

nope i’m quite serious…

i have to agree it a ecto drive up run cause even wiki and i quote

Notes[edit]

so there for you are actualy scamming people in a driving the price of ecto and in a way it market manipulation and if anet thinks that you are de stablizing the market
they can ban you they done it before remember the karma merchant that alot exploited

ZudetGambeous.9573

nope i’m quite serious…

Notes

lol might want to go try the patch out… they reintroduced the conduit components.

Also you can’t manipulate ecto prices, the very idea of it is absurd once you realize how many ectos flow through the market in a given day.

as I corrected in my original post, it is a new high rollers gamble. Once you finish the first 10,000g achievement you unlock a vendor with even higher gambling stakes.

nope i’m quite serious…

i have to agree it a ecto drive up run cause even wiki and i quote

Notes[edit]

so there for you are actualy scamming people in a driving the price of ecto and in a way it market manipulation and if anet thinks that you are de stablizing the market
they can ban you they done it before remember the karma merchant that alot exploited

You’re embarrassing yourself, quit while you’re behind.

Attachments:

Baldrick.8967

had a good run for a bit then rng bit me, was 700g up at one point, quit when went back to even. Didn’t manage the unlock, might have some fun with it in a few weeks.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

ugh.. why won’t they address this? If this is (lost likely) broken, they need to fix it soon!

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

ugh.. why won’t they address this? If this is (lost likely) broken, they need to fix it soon!

what the heck is broken??

Its called GAMBLING

people are reporting losses, people are reporting winnings.

I see absolutely nothing wrong here… what is wrong with some of you cry babies that whine about people getting all the nice stuff??

There’s nothing broken here. Its sheer luck (or lack thereof in my case lol)

All this is a hysterically lazy gold sink created by anet…

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

So, the main reason to play is to get a mystic forge conduit (or sell the pieces on the TP)?

Posted by: Sketch Eight.9508

Sketch Eight.9508

where is this ectoe merchant, it looked like there was a jp leading to him but i dont think it is a jp ne tell me how to get to him please

DarksunG.9537

Its called GAMBLING

I see absolutely nothing wrong here… what is wrong with some of you cry babies that whine about people getting all the nice stuff??

not if the win rate is like 80%+

SkiTz.4590

Its called GAMBLING

yea everyone is having an 80% win rate that means everyone is literally winning and shouldn’t be reporting any losses…. /delusional.

you are just throwing numbers out there with no sense of logic

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

well i lost 100g end of the world :d ha oh well not one of the lucky people back to the farm !

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

As any other gambling thingy it’s designed so the house always wins. Only those outliers that are fortunate enough to land to the east of the Bell Curve will make a profit out of this.
Smart players will sell their stacks of ectos while this is hot.
I sold 4 stacks for 44.98 silver a piece.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Can someone please mention where in LA this NPC is located?

Zelendel

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, where is it and what is the name of the NPC?

anabasis.7346

It’s a skritt that appears on the map with the symbol of an ecto. He’s located inside a cave close to the tengu wall, south-west of Lion’s Arch. The entrance is underwater to the east of the cave

DarksunG.9537

Its called GAMBLING

yea everyone is having an 80% win rate that means everyone is literally winning and shouldn’t be reporting any losses…. /delusional.

Talk about no sense of logic. what evidence do you have that the win rate is remotely viable? I’m speaking from experience. I could make 1000s if they let me. But I don’t want to get banned because they were slow to respond or fix this.

Posted by: Cell.6821

Cell.6821

Talk about no sense of logic. what evidence do you have that the win rate is remotely viable? I’m speaking from experience. I could make 1000s if they let me. But I don’t want to get banned because they were slow to respond or fix this.

Why do you fear getting banned? The mechanics is in the game live and unless Anet announces otherwise, it’s working as intended. Nothing’s wrong with winning NOW.

SkiTz.4590

Its called GAMBLING

I’ve barely broken even after spending a couple stacks of ecto + gold dude… what freaking 80% win rate are you blabbering about?

You are literally the only person thinking this is some kind of exploit. No one is listening to you, and no one cares if you are scared of making 1000s of gold because you might get banned…

There is nothing to fix, its working just fine.. people are winning, people are losing, people are breaking even. You are delusional.

DarksunG.9537

Its called GAMBLING

I’ve barely broken even after spending a couple stacks of ecto + gold dude… what freaking 80% win rate are you blabbering about?

You are literally the only person thinking this is some kind of exploit. No one is listening to you, and no one cares if you are scared of making 1000s of gold because you might get banned…

There is nothing to fix, its working just fine.. people are winning, people are losing, people are breaking even. You are delusional.

Obviously wasn’t here at launch. http://www.pcgamer.com/3000-guild-wars-2-players-permanently-banned-for-karma-exploit/
& that was just for crafting something cheaper.

anabasis.7346

This is clearly a sink in the form of a lottery. Don’t pay attention to those that claim to have made epic profits, they are either liars or outliers fortunate enough to have landed to the east of the bell curve.
Btw, people on reddit are reporting epic losses.

(edited by anabasis.7346)

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I made about 1000g. There was a point when I was down to 17g, but then it went up again. Pretty good fun I would say, but quite risky. I am not gonna do it again.

DarksunG.9537

This is clearly a sink. Don’t pay attention to those that claim to have made epic profits, they are either liars or outliers fortunate enough to have landed to the east of the bell curve.
Btw, people on reddit are reporting epic losses.

Well, as much as I would love to think I’ve just been super lucky, I find it hard to believe.

SkiTz.4590

Its called GAMBLING

Obviously wasn’t here at launch. http://www.pcgamer.com/3000-guild-wars-2-players-permanently-banned-for-karma-exploit/

People KNEW that was an exploit and INTENTIONALLY continued to do it

This is not an exploit, no one has claimed it as such, besides you, who is completely delusional.
More than half my guild saying they keep losing lol
Lay off the pipe, my godness. This is a completely reasonable gamble and its not being exploited.. some people who are lucky are making some gold, and if not, they are losing… its the same as throwing stuff into the mystic toilet in hopes of a precursor.. you can win big or lose big…

Stop trying to make this out as some exploit when its CLEARLY not the case…
You are

DarksunG.9537

Its called GAMBLING

People KNEW that was an exploit and INTENTIONALLY continued to do it

This is not an exploit, no one has claimed it as such, besides you, who is completely delusional.
More than half my guild saying they keep losing lol
Lay off the pipe, my godness. This is a completely reasonable gamble and its not being exploited.. some people who are lucky are making some gold, and if not, they are losing… its the same as throwing stuff into the mystic toilet in hopes of a precursor.. you can win big or lose big…

Stop trying to make this out as some exploit when its CLEARLY not the case…
You are

yes the karma was clearly an exploit because…. what?
This is clearly fair because…. I made lots of money?