no new system specs Path of fire no buy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

I am not a graphics snob, but I think given the age of the game that the definition is already pretty amazing. It’s a beautiful game even on low settings. I do worry about being able to run PoF maps as HoT can already give me a hard time on lower settings.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Um… can someone, a dev or mod, clarify the minimum space requirements? It says 50 GB. Is that for all the current content?

Right now, GW2 is about 29.4 GB for its GW2.dat file (and I have HoT). I only have about 32 GB of space left on my computer… Do I actually need 50 more GB or is the 50 GB including at least the core game?

That is an excellent question. I’ll check for you.

And the answer is, the 50 GB is for everything, not in addition to what’s already in use. Thanks for asking — it’s worth knowing in case others wonder about it.

Crap… I don’t want to uninstall 50% of my other games. Can’t afford a larger SSD yet.

Defrag! <— meant as a joke.

Since I started PC gaming in the 80s, I totally understand what you’re saying. (My first hard drive was 40 MB, and that was considered well above average!) Maybe get an inexpensive external storage device and move a few things there?? Best of luck!

I play GW2 from a portable HDD via USB3 cable when I travel. Never an issue since thru-put. So there’s that too

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

As for SLI support,please tell me of an MMO where this actually works.

EQ2 comes to mind.

Wtf?How can you even look at a screen bellow 4K?

You could if the UI scaled. Specifically text.

How or why you asked, because you can? I don’t know. Few days I’ve had my PC driving my 79" 4K display. Why not, it is eye candy and the game looks good. Lounging around relaxing, kicking it playing GW2. I’ve seen people playing on larger sets and sets of all sizes.

No matter to me really at the end of the day – they don’t work for me. I was just adding that it would be nice to have a scalable UI or font sizes

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Um… can someone, a dev or mod, clarify the minimum space requirements? It says 50 GB. Is that for all the current content?

Right now, GW2 is about 29.4 GB for its GW2.dat file (and I have HoT). I only have about 32 GB of space left on my computer… Do I actually need 50 more GB or is the 50 GB including at least the core game?

And the answer is, the 50 GB is for everything, not in addition to what’s already in use. Thanks for asking — it’s worth knowing in case others wonder about it.

Crap… I don’t want to uninstall 50% of my other games. Can’t afford a larger SSD yet.

I was in the same situation as you and I recently encountered a need to replace a failing mechanical drive that had games on it. Ended up getting a 1 terabyte mechanical drive from Newegg for about $38 USD. It is working fantastic (so far).

Unfortunately that $39 had been what I managed to get together over the last year to get PoF when it releases. As I have still not been able to get HoT I was looking forward to getting PoF. (I likely will not be able to for a very long time now). I’m just glad system requirements haven’t skyrocketed as GW2 has run great on my Radeon HD 5750 1gig from 2010 with a case fan screwed into it and I don’t have an additional $100 for a GPU upgrade on top of the one expansion cost.

Anyway, if you are able to scrape $39 together (even if it takes until the end of the year and miss the launch), there were a few good 1TB drives on Newegg for about $39 and free shipping, or 2TB for like $48.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Imagine still believing in the 4k gaming meme.

From the latest Steam Survey

3840 × 2160 0.86% of players.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

70% of players use 1080 or 1366×768 alone.
There are more people playing at 1600×900 than 4k.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Since I started PC gaming in the 80s, I totally understand what you’re saying. (My first hard drive was 40 MB, and that was considered well above average!) Maybe get an inexpensive external storage device and move a few things there?? Best of luck!

My family’s first hard drive had… like 12 MB on it. We were like “how are we EVER going to fill that?” XD

And sorry, I misread. Actually, I DO have the space for PoF. Especially since I just uninstalled a game I haven’t played… at all since I got it. I have 48 GB open.

It’s kinda moot, though, I’m not getting PoF until I have a source of income, and well, if I want a 500 GB Samsung SSD (I currently have their 250 GB one)… that will require a source of income as well. :p

I play GW2 from a portable HDD via USB3 cable when I travel. Never an issue since thru-put. So there’s that too

But is it as fast as an SSD? (Because I do have a good External Hard Drive I could put GW2 on)

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

My family’s first hard drive had… like 12 MB on it. We were like “how are we EVER going to fill that?” XD

And sorry, I misread. Actually, I DO have the space for PoF. Especially since I just uninstalled a game I haven’t played… at all since I got it. I have 48 GB open.

It’s kinda moot, though, I’m not getting PoF until I have a source of income, and well, if I want a 500 GB Samsung SSD (I currently have their 250 GB one)… that will require a source of income as well. :p

But is it as fast as an SSD? (Because I do have a good External Hard Drive I could put GW2 on)

No issues but running a GTX 4GB video iCore 7 32 GB memory so no…no issues. can’t compare to SSD because I never had one. I am sure though would be a little faster.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

most that have commented on this post fully missed my points but that is ok .and their should be minimum specs for games . as them are all fine and good

what is not good is the fact their is no high end specs at all for this game . as well as the fact you can not run 3 or 2 even GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080D5X-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Cards at the same time for this game

or use full 8 or 10 core at all . but not only that if me and my friends can take a $400.00 computer and tweak it using used $100.00 parts and make the game run better with a few well known tricks and so forth . like in this video case in point .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-R8iZ-Bns

and play grand theft auto or even wow on a $400.00 used parts computer well then it says a lot about cheep computers and get the same 70fps frame rates as well as high end computers .

just goes to show how this game really needs to upgrade and over hall the high end system specs and I know I am not the only one that would love to play this game in 4K with 100 fps and more

but with no support for said hardware software for us high end users .. it just does not make that new shiny pack worth it. even more

so when I can take my $400.00 used parts computer and get the same out of it and save my high end computer for games like world of war craft and grand theft auto and over watch and got to say for $400.00 used parts the game looks as good as it does on my high end computers

What you are asking is for an engine upgrade, not a game systems upgrade. Game systems can be done by simply updating those same systems to include new features. These can include character progression systems, models and textures, etc. in a way it’s a patch really.

An engine upgrade is a whole different beast. It is usually a huge undertaking for any developer to do any sort of changes to their game engine. What you are asking is for ANet to change the architecture on which their engine is built upon. Nevermind the fact that there are no games currently that go above 4 cores, and very few that go over 2. And the fact you can’t SLI a 1080 (we don’t need the full name of the card, please don’t…) is irrelevant. Such a card is already overkill on its own, SLI is redundant.

So basically, you are complaining about something you have either never experienced, or have no need for. And we don’t need to see your chassis, this isn’t an kitten contest.

Stick to asking for 4k support, which as far as I know is actually a reasonable request. (And even that, I have seen Eyefinity setups running this game fine)

Ryzen and Threadripper are barely out of the gate, so waiting for support for them is unrealistic at best.

So what are you complaining about again? That you can’t fit your 10cm plug into a 5cm socket? Well no sh-.

How about you complain about engine optimizations eh? I remember this game during closed beta and performance wise it is a far cry from now.

You’re quite mistaken on games not using more than 4 cores. Several engines modern engines use 8+ now. They also run well on older machines, which is probably a lot of GW2’s target demographic. The game needs better optimization. Large raids. world bosses, and pvp suffer dramatically on any machine and that is due to this engine.

Josh.4016 your fully right on these things sad part is tho we already know them answers and why they make them choices LOL but for us well this is why we want far more better gaming and so much more enjoyment from our potatoes toaster comps LOL also too I do believe that is GW2’s main target demographic. and maybe anet or ncsoft might not be sure that some of us that play the game have far more power house systems and some with close to current gen hard ware . unlike most that I see posting on my topic that seam to be running almost fully outdated systems with only maybe most of their cpu,s . at the very best a dual core or at the very best quad core cpus .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

No issues but running a GTX 4GB video iCore 7 32 GB memory so no…no issues. can’t compare to SSD because I never had one. I am sure though would be a little faster.

Okay, question: if I installed GW2 onto my external hard drive, would the screenshots still go to the (User)/Documents/Guild Wars 2/Screens folder?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t get the idea that Anet should implement upgrades to the game for a minority of players with advanced rigs .. unless of course there was a tiered system of fees to access those upgrades if you wanted them. I don’t think that’s an unfair compromise.

How much would you pay to get the access to the exceptional features you want?

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

Hrmm, if it’s working fine for you I’ll grab a new USB3 thumb drive and try move GW2 to it this week to test it out. Worst case scenario it doesn’t work out but I have a new back up drive.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

no 4K support no crossfire or SLI support . as well as no multi core or ryzen thread ripper or intell I-7 8 and 10 core support

after seeing the announcement for Path of fire and looking at the specs for this new shiny pack . i find it a no buy at all unless specs get changed again , as of right now

WINDOWS Minimum System Requirements
64 bit Native Mac Minimum System Requirements
Windows® 7 or better (64 bit only)
Intel® Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS, ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
50GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

tho i will not be buying this pack . even tho i can buy the $30.00 pack or the $80.00 pack i can get it very easy BUT based on these things i outlined here . i can not honestly justify buying it at all . more so after getting burned with the last pack
heart of thorns . and so till them things happen to the new pack . i will just stick with the heart of thorns pack and call it good . till i see some real changes from this company in regards to hardware and software system support .

but those that do buy the new pack hope you fully enjoy it and it brings you many good hours of fun play time .

Yeah, all I have to say is I do not understand why you are upset about the recommended specs. I have a Ryzen build, 16GB DDR4, RX 470 and I play on High/Ultra settings and get 40-60FPS because I run Vertical Sync…I run this because on a 43" 4k display @ 1440p I get horrible tearing due to a 60Hz refresh rate.

But again…why are you complaining that the recommended specs are low? I mean, the engine for the game was developed years ago and it isn’t something a programmer can simply ‘flip a switch’ or ‘modify a code’ to change. No, the increase the game engine’s utilization of higher end equipment they would need to first take the engine back to baseline code, build up from there, test it with dozens if not hundreds of different spec sets, go back into the code and re-optimize, retest, optimize, retest…etc..etc…etc. At that point they would have to quite literally rebuild the entire game from the ground up because the new engine will not be compatible with importing data from the old engine. So if it took around 5 years from code to launch for the base game, it would take about ten to go from code to PoF.

If that is something you do not understand, maybe I could simply suggest that unless you are familiar with advanced programming and game development you try to be happy with what you have and stop complaining about it.

PS: This is why the dev team interaction is lower than average. Players who think they know more than they actually do trying to tell programmers and IT specialists how things run in the fields we work in every single day.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I’m more concerned that there doesn’t seem to be a “recommended” spec. While I understand that “good” is subjective, I think Anet can at least give a recommendation based on a stock performance profile such as “1080p@60fps, medium detail” for a more realistic baseline that would help us to evaluate whether we should plan for upgrading or not, and if so, what hardware we should be looking at for optimal cost/performance.

(edited by Leablo.2651)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

as well as this is another reason why I will not be spending my hard earned money on this game at all now . until I can buy the pack for $15.00 like I did for friend of mine . that wanted to leave wow for something more better .
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Revisiting-Business-Model-Clarification/first#post6663217

Doesn’t sound like you work all that hard for your money if you squander it on trivialities like high-performance video games….just sayin’.

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

So does this mean GW2/HoT/PoF require 50GB minimum? Or is it saying that PoF itself requires another 50?!

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

So does this mean GW2/HoT/PoF require 50GB minimum? Or is it saying that PoF itself requires another 50?!

Base game and Xpacks combined.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

as well as this is another reason why I will not be spending my hard earned money on this game at all now . until I can buy the pack for $15.00 like I did for friend of mine . that wanted to leave wow for something more better .
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Revisiting-Business-Model-Clarification/first#post6663217

Doesn’t sound like you work all that hard for your money if you squander it on trivialities like high-performance video games….just sayin’.

>Spends thousands of dollars to be able to have a top of the line 4k gaming rig
>Won’t spend more than $15 on an MMO expansion

This is what Steam summer sales have done to an entire generation.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You’re quite mistaken on games not using more than 4 cores. Several engines modern engines use 8+ now. They also run well on older machines, which is probably a lot of GW2’s target demographic. The game needs better optimization. Large raids. world bosses, and pvp suffer dramatically on any machine and that is due to this engine.

Yes, the game engine is old and outdated and needs optimization.

A better and optimized, newer game engine would run better on old computers and new computers.

It is astonishing, what the devs have achieved with this outdated game-engine. Imagine the much more astonishing things the devs could do with a mordern/optimized game engine.

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

Even with my beast PC I will still drop to 30fps for Teq but that’s with the whole map all in one spot. The game looks stunning even for today’s standards on medium+, and I agree with the post saying it’ would be nice for the CPU to be hit less and more on the GPU.

Posted by: Ultima.5318

Ultima.5318

Wait so…. I’m gonna have to download….. 50 gigs of an expansion?? Oh dear god.. time to go steal someone elses wifi for a day or two

Johnayz Ultima
Knight Overseer of [KOTA]

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

no 4K support no crossfire or SLI support . as well as no multi core or ryzen thread ripper or intell I-7 8 and 10 core support

after seeing the announcement for Path of fire and looking at the specs for this new shiny pack . i find it a no buy at all unless specs get changed again , as of right now

but those that do buy the new pack hope you fully enjoy it and it brings you many good hours of fun play time .

i don’t follow. What pc do you have? which processor? which gpu? or does your pc run Intel, AMD and Nvidia at the same time? Maybe you cool it with unobtanium?

Or are you just waiting for anet to release a higher specced game to justify your next pc purchase?

In the end, you wish all the other players to have fun, which is the only thing that matters when you are playing a game…

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Okay, question: if I installed GW2 onto my external hard drive, would the screenshots still go to the (User)/Documents/Guild Wars 2/Screens folder?

Yes they will.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Seriously ? This is an MMORPG, not a bleeding edge FPS. Not even big-name MOBAs do the kinds of things that you want this game to do.

https://www.smitegame.com/project-olympus/

Support for DirectX 11 video cards
64-bit client support
High-definition texture DLC for PC — improves the performance and visual quality of gods and maps.

o rlly?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

this is a really stupid thread other than the question/answer about the 50GB requirement.
@WARIORSCHARGEING Anet are not going to make significant changes to the Engine to appease an insignificant amount of people like you.

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

most that have commented on this post fully missed my points but that is ok .and their should be minimum specs for games . as them are all fine and good

what is not good is the fact their is no high end specs at all for this game . as well as the fact you can not run 3 or 2 even GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080D5X-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Cards at the same time for this game

or use full 8 or 10 core at all . but not only that if me and my friends can take a $400.00 computer and tweak it using used $100.00 parts and make the game run better with a few well known tricks and so forth . like in this video case in point .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-R8iZ-Bns

and play grand theft auto or even wow on a $400.00 used parts computer well then it says a lot about cheep computers and get the same 70fps frame rates as well as high end computers .

just goes to show how this game really needs to upgrade and over hall the high end system specs and I know I am not the only one that would love to play this game in 4K with 100 fps and more

but with no support for said hardware software for us high end users .. it just does not make that new shiny pack worth it. even more

so when I can take my $400.00 used parts computer and get the same out of it and save my high end computer for games like world of war craft and grand theft auto and over watch and got to say for $400.00 used parts the game looks as good as it does on my high end computers

What you are asking is for an engine upgrade, not a game systems upgrade. Game systems can be done by simply updating those same systems to include new features. These can include character progression systems, models and textures, etc. in a way it’s a patch really.

An engine upgrade is a whole different beast. It is usually a huge undertaking for any developer to do any sort of changes to their game engine. What you are asking is for ANet to change the architecture on which their engine is built upon. Nevermind the fact that there are no games currently that go above 4 cores, and very few that go over 2. And the fact you can’t SLI a 1080 (we don’t need the full name of the card, please don’t…) is irrelevant. Such a card is already overkill on its own, SLI is redundant.

So basically, you are complaining about something you have either never experienced, or have no need for. And we don’t need to see your chassis, this isn’t an kitten contest.

Stick to asking for 4k support, which as far as I know is actually a reasonable request. (And even that, I have seen Eyefinity setups running this game fine)

Ryzen and Threadripper are barely out of the gate, so waiting for support for them is unrealistic at best.

So what are you complaining about again? That you can’t fit your 10cm plug into a 5cm socket? Well no sh-.

How about you complain about engine optimizations eh? I remember this game during closed beta and performance wise it is a far cry from now.

the thing is they would need to upgrade the engine to use more core or to get dx12 with more core(since this game run on dx9) as for sly not needed what is the point of having 2 graphic card that work at 50% when you can use one at 100% and that does the job. yes for optimization to solve all the graphic lag cause by the dx9 api driver that correct the code(for address and memory) for this they could probably improve the coding and move it towards dx 11 or even dx 12 eventually in the long run. since the switch from dx11 to dx 12 is pretty easy it seams. for 4k you need dx 12. but graphic lag that bottleneck the cpu (cpu bound) is only one part of the lag the other part is server or network related when you have many people connecting at same place to play together you always have higher risk of lag. just like when you roll on highway and every one take the bridge and you get stuck for 2 or 3 hours. the problem is not the engine on it self it is the coding with the api driver of dx9 that correct 95% of coding error. while dx 12 the coding must not have error since the dx12 api driver solve only 5% of problem, this means the dev have more work and testing to do before they release the game. since the responsibility is 95% on their shoulder for the game to work good or fail bad. the question is do you want a expansion in 5 to 10 year from now?

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

Wait so…. I’m gonna have to download….. 50 gigs of an expansion?? Oh dear god.. time to go steal someone elses wifi for a day or two

call your isp buy a block of data for the month. a lot cheaper then passing your data limit and paying the over charge.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

50 gig for the whole game. Lets say the current install is 30 gig (not sure haven’t looked), that would leave a 20 gig digi-download. Even with a 100mbit/second d/l speed (note, thats bits not bytes) that’ll take a while…

… Even if you only d/l the expansion to “append” to the existing game file/files. I’m not sure it works that way though. Be interesting to find out how they plan to roll this out.

Might be quicker if there’s a DVD or BD purchase option

ETA sorry meant to quote above post

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

50 gig for the whole game. Lets say the current install is 30 gig (not sure haven’t looked), that would leave a 20 gig digi-download. Even with a 100mbit/second d/l speed (note, thats bits not bytes) that’ll take a while…

… Even if you only d/l the expansion to “append” to the existing game file/files. I’m not sure it works that way though. Be interesting to find out how they plan to roll this out.

It would take 28 minutes for a 100mbit/sec line to download 20GB of data.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Relax, they’re probably going to patch it in stages like they did with HoT.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Seriously ? This is an MMORPG, not a bleeding edge FPS. Not even big-name MOBAs do the kinds of things that you want this game to do.

https://www.smitegame.com/project-olympus/

Support for DirectX 11 video cards
64-bit client support
High-definition texture DLC for PC — improves the performance and visual quality of gods and maps.

o rlly?

1) This game supports DX11 cards, it just doesn’t use the API, and using the API would not magically improve the graphics, only allow better threading due to the thread-safe model of newer DirectX versions. But aside from that , DX9 is already capable of everything with vendor support.

2) This game already has a 64-bit client, Windows and Mac.

3) A high resolution texture pack for an MMO would run into the terabyte range, as the game has a hundred thousand unique textures, in fact the current 30GB installation size is with most of the textures being low resolution.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

ew

Before Smite had dx9 option only. Now you can play in dx11 mode which promotes a bit better textures and performance. Older game called WoW added dx11 support long ago. Check even Path of Exile which was made by indie studio keep improving graphic, performance, added dx11 etc and in 2 days releases a big fat expansion completely for free.. Yet here we are with so called “AAA” title that still doesnt support dx11 in 2017.. thats a joke, and not even a good one. I guess the game is coming to an end anyway and they might be already working on GW3 otherwise i fail to realize why they havent done anything yet. I wont be buying xpac either anyway but for different reason (joke revenant, joke balance)

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Relax, they’re probably going to patch it in stages like they did with HoT.

That’s what I was thinking.

And the positive is people will leak the updates and fuel the hype over time. It’s win win win win.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

It would take 28 minutes for a 100mbit/sec line to download 20GB of data.

If all goes well . However, my line is, in fact 100/sec but fastest download of patches etc. I’ve had from Anet is oh, about 12. No biggy though, might just leave it running over night

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hrmm, if it’s working fine for you I’ll grab a new USB3 thumb drive and try move GW2 to it this week to test it out. Worst case scenario it doesn’t work out but I have a new back up drive.

I honestly didn’t expect it would work, but nice to hear reports. Could you post again or PM me after you’ve tested it, too? I’m always interested in learning more.

Also, we seem to have gone quite a bit off topic, and so I’m going to close this thread. From what I understand, the OP did purchase Path of Fire and they’re happy with their decision to do so.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)