no real content, people arent playing as much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: storm officer.1028

storm officer.1028

feels like anet just milking the gem store at this point. 2 hour living story…great. Too hard to make legendary armor you say? how many outfits and other skins are there in gemstore. precursors still cant be crafted? how many weapon skins are there in gemstore. Oh great new update for minis so people spend some $$ on them. anyone else feels the same way?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Pretty much.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

yea im really sad at this update. I thought there would be some meat in it since its a big update. But no we are thrown under the bus again for new ppl and for trying to be like china. We didnt have dragon bash because of china release either . Im really tired with this Im on hunt for a new mmo game that is free or dont cost much in sub fees. For as much as I spend in RL cash in that kitten thing I could be paying 3 monthly sub fees and getting better updates .
Edit = Ive been playing this game since beta every freakin day for 2 years so sad for me

MGW Guild

(edited by Serinetempest.9027)

Offair.2563

yea im really sad at this update. I thought there would be some meat in it since its a big update. But no we are thrown under the bus again for new ppl and for trying to be like china. We didnt have dragon bash because of china release either . Im really tired with this Im on hunt for a new mmo game that is free or dont cost much in sub fees. For as much as I spend in RL cash in that kitten thing I could be paying 3 monthly sub fees and getting better updates .

Hey we get colored commander tag, huuuuuuge update and one of the toughest things to implement in the history of developing!

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

Hey we get colored commander tag, huuuuuuge update and one of the toughest things to implement in the history of developing!

Yea only thing good and taking out minis when you want but remember if we are putting them in wardrobe its going to be account bound so all minis will go up in price on Trading Post

MGW Guild

Offair.2563

Yea only thing good and taking out minis when you want but remember if we are putting them in wardrobe its going to be account bound so all minis will go up in price on Trading Post

Thats probably their philosophy, make things harder to obtain so price goes up and players have to convert rl money into gems to get it.

storm officer.1028

they should rename this game from guild wars 2 to Gem wars 2

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is not a content update so if you were expecting more content then…

Let’s suppose they release the entire season two living story in a single release. Let’s also assume that there would be a total of eight episodes. You state that they can be finished in as little as 2 hours per episode which would make the entire living story finish-able in 16 hours.

Instead of having ~2 weeks inbetween releases you will likely have two months. That’s assuming they can develop content of that size within two months without any lead time. Unlikely.

They can just add more content with each release you say? Well that adds more to development time which then increases the gap between releases.

Whuch would you prefer: a gap every two weeks between content updates or a gap every 6+ months between content updates? I’ll personally go with the former.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I thought this game was prophesied to be dead the third month after launch? No? I know there were posts back then, heck basically since day 2, fortelling how this game was dying and would no longer be played blah blah blah…..

So……your friends aren’t playing much if at all any more right? Yet the game continues to draw in new players every day. So, there you sit in your neighborhood and all your friends have moved away and these new people have been moving in, but instead of making new friends you continue to lament all your old friends moving away….

The game is not dying, it isn’t being played less and less, you just have developed this reality bubble and believe it is shared by everyone else.

Well…it isn’t.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

storm officer.1028

gw1 had war in Kryta, one of the best content update i saw in that game. they had like 1 or 2 teams working on it. the rest were working on gw2. Anet now has over 300+ people. Legendary armor is still no where is sight. Legendary trinkets? next year maybe. Releasing gem store items and calling new content.

storm officer.1028

I have been playing gw1 since day one. gw2 since 3 day head start. i saw low times in gw1 and i saw good times. GW2 has players sure but it doesnt mean there is anything to play at this point.

storm officer.1028

Dungeons still broken, instead of fixing TA path Forward Up they just closed that. Arah still skippable and players are now responsible that no rule is broken because anet too busy making new gem store junk. A lot of mesmer skills are still broken. WvW…. same servers match ups for eternity now(JQ BG TC). Oh you want to play with other servers? here buy Gems and transfer.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well…

Ingame
- 1 new armor set (ascended)
- 4 weapon sets (fractal, TA-reskin, Ascended, Amberite)
- 2.5 Headpieces (Drytop)
- lot`s of temprorary Backpacks, not (or TP) available anymore
(1 Weaponset in the Queens Jubilee)
- Champ BagWeapon (Reskin galore)

Gemstore
- 19 armor sets (6 for medium and light, 7 for heavy)
- 12 BLC weaponsets
+ extra cosmetic single part stuff

Nope, seems balanced to me. I don`t know what you are talking about. I mean, the ingame rewards are doing so so so so so much better then the gemstore stuff in compairson

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

they should rename this game from guild wars 2 to Gem wars 2

Whilst we’re at it, we can call world of warcraft to world of gear craft.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

This game isn’t for us.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

This game isn’t for us.

People with unrealistic expectations about feature patches? Yeah probably.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

storm officer.1028

This game isn’t for us.

for people that want a real challenge in a game

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I wouldn’t even bother engaging the “there’s nothing wrong/LS is good, steady content/there’s plenty to do/you’re just being negative” crowd on the forums. Anyone who WvWs with any regularity knows that the population has decreased dramatically, and that whole guilds are disbanding and leaving. Anyone who’s been around longer than 6 months knows that, prior to the megaserver change, the majority of PvE maps were complete ghost towns outside of a few t1 servers people flocked to for temples and world bosses. And anyone who can read can see the numerous first person accounts of massive teq, dungeon, and RP guilds reluctantly fleeing GW2 on Reddit and elsewhere.

…and then you come to forums where there’s an eager squad of white knights waiting to pounce all over your observations with a knock-down, “nuh uh!” Why even bother?

storm officer.1028

5,500+ hours here agree with DragonsBreath and xev. Looked at some ex anet employees and their games. They made fun games like state of decay.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

This game isn’t for us.

for people that want a real challenge in a game

You are playing the wrong game. This game was never hard and never presented a challenge.

I always find these QQ post about the gem store funny. “gem wars”

Nothing in the gem store is needed to play or do well in this game.

The day you decide you decide to work a full time job for no pay and no benefits you might have some room to talk

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

storm officer.1028

The day you decide you decide to work a full time job for no lay and no benefits you might have some room to talk[/quote]

speak engrish pl0x. i work full time job and drive a nice car with a gf finishing school. i have room to talk kthx

Talyn.3295

So I responded on my phone. The point still stands. You want all this for free. Quit the QQ

(edited by Talyn.3295)

storm officer.1028

i paid money if i remember correctly

Talyn.3295

i paid money if i remember correctly

And you have a working game for it. Cut the self entitlement.

storm officer.1028

my old ford use to work too before i had to give it away for charity. It’s business sooner or later anet will have to release real content. I just hope its sooner so i have friends to play with. for now off to finish off my 8th legendary

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

I wouldn’t even bother engaging the “there’s nothing wrong/LS is good, steady content/there’s plenty to do/you’re just being negative” crowd on the forums. Anyone who WvWs with any regularity knows that the population has decreased dramatically, and that whole guilds are disbanding and leaving. Anyone who’s been around longer than 6 months knows that, prior to the megaserver change, the majority of PvE maps were complete ghost towns outside of a few t1 servers people flocked to for temples and world bosses. And anyone who can read can see the numerous first person accounts of massive teq, dungeon, and RP guilds reluctantly fleeing GW2 on Reddit and elsewhere.

…and then you come to forums where there’s an eager squad of white knights waiting to pounce all over your observations with a knock-down, “nuh uh!” Why even bother?

There’s an equal squad of black knights on this forum waiting to pounce on similar threads. I liked to know exactly where you are getting the impression of hoards of players are leaving. WoW – whilst still being the largest mmo game, aren’t doing so well. It’s well known that the game has lost about half of its player base / subs. In comparison to it’s hay day of having over 12 million players. Will its up coming expansion bring back players? probably. Guilds disbanding?. Plenty of guilds come and go. Most new guilds are disbanding because they aren’t attracting enough members – or various other reasons. Not because they are getting tired of the present content, as you make out. So don’t try to make out as if you speak for all the guilds please.

Whilst this games has it’s fundamental issues, the devs are trying to sort it out now. Some will say “too late”. And to be fair, that is their feelings and if they wish to leave this game, that is their prerogative. If they feel they have done all they can with this game.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Lol, always cracks me up when people start talking about “white knights,” as if there’s anybody on this forum that leaps to defend Anet because they’re 100% happy with the game.

Get real, everybody has something they wish was in the game but isn’t. Only difference is that some people realize it doesn’t have to be perfect to be successful, and if everybody who’s up in arms about the feature patch and the lack of content just up and quit the game, it probably wouldn’t even leave a dent in ANet’s profit margins.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Generic QQ thread #55276.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

storm officer.1028

Well…

Ingame
- 1 new armor set (ascended)
- 4 weapon sets (fractal, TA-reskin, Ascended, Amberite)
- 2.5 Headpieces (Drytop)
- lot`s of temprorary Backpacks, not (or TP) available anymore
(1 Weaponset in the Queens Jubilee)
- Champ BagWeapon (Reskin galore)

Gemstore
- 19 armor sets (6 for medium and light, 7 for heavy)
- 12 BLC weaponsets
+ extra cosmetic single part stuff

Nope, seems balanced to me. I don`t know what you are talking about. I mean, the ingame rewards are doing so so so so so much better then the gemstore stuff in compairson

^this many times

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

I wish there was less gem store content and real game content. Speaking hypocritically (I know) I would love a paid expansion with loads and loads more things to do with ideas previously thought about but not totally developed (polymock, DR shooting area, black citadel arena).

I’ve started to play more casually, only doing PvP and leveling up alts. I am much more happy with the game than I was 2 months ago.

Posted by: Herpmaster.5491

Herpmaster.5491

The thing that bothers me most is the lack of content. Anet said that they think they can do all the things that an expansion does in the living story. Well now we are halfway done with season 2, and there is still no content on the scale of an expansion.

Comparing the timelines of GW1 and GW2: gw2 was released 2 years ago, at this point in gw1’s life we had Nightfall for > 6 months and in 4 months we would get Eye of the North. That means at this point we had 3 continents to explore along with everything else. All of this was done when anet was far smaller and had far less resources than it has now.

As someone who has spent an enormous amount of time on anet’s games. This is very disheartening. I want this game to succeed, I really do, but at this point all I can get myself to do is go online for dailies every once in a while. This game has HUGE potential. I feel like that potential is being wasted.

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

The thing that bothers me most is the lack of content. Anet said that they think they can do all the things that an expansion does in the living story. Well now we are halfway done with season 2, and there is still no content on the scale of an expansion.

Comparing the timelines of GW1 and GW2: gw2 was released 2 years ago, at this point in gw1’s life we had Nightfall for > 6 months and in 4 months we would get Eye of the North. That means at this point we had 3 continents to explore along with everything else. All of this was done when anet was far smaller and had far less resources than it has now.

As someone who has spent an enormous amount of time on anet’s games. This is very disheartening. I want this game to succeed, I really do, but at this point all I can get myself to do is go online for dailies every once in a while. This game has HUGE potential. I feel like that potential is being wasted.

GW1 also got War in Kryta, huge content release and a few months later Winds of Change. Both these updates were at least double the size of living story content and replayable + rewarding.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No doubt. Just look at the LS forums. The Dragon’s Reach forum has been stuck at 36 pages for at least a whole month. Then again, 4 chapters of “bi-weekly” LS in 5 months will do that.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The game has a serious problem with it’s content. Supposedly we’ve gotten an expansions worth of content, but I can’t tell. It’s been over 2 years now and there is so little to show for it. The game is in dire need of an expansion.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The game has a serious problem with it’s content. Supposedly we’ve gotten an expansions worth of content, but I can’t tell. It’s been over 2 years now and there is so little to show for it. The game is in dire need of an expansion.

No. No it isn’t.