ok gold sellers have now ruined my game..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Before today gold sellers were just that annoyance you right click and report.
they were mostly on the overflow, not on the main server.
So tonight I log on thinking yeah weekend play, and they are everywhere!
you cannot read map chat anymore.
My server has a great community and you cannot see them because you have gold-sellers spamming map chat!
I have spent my entire play time this evening reporting gold sellers!
this is not acceptable to me- when I log on to relax and play a great game- I want to be able to do so.
I do not want to be spammed by bots using stolen accounts!
I love this game and I love the community but this needs to stop.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Ganadorf.3460

Ganadorf.3460

What do you propose NCSoft/Anet does about it?

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Put a spam filter in. A report option for gold spammer that is of higher priority so they get dealt with quicker. There are many things they can do

Posted by: widener.6271

widener.6271

they actually need to make it harder for gold sellers to operate. make perm bans, for both buyer and seller. have alerts for all gold transactions above a certian amount, among other things. there are several things that can be done

Just one more confirmation of how great I am!

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

Working at a game company myself Widener, that would take a HUGE amount of resources/money.

The game has sold over 2 million copies, even if only 50,000 of those people purchased gold, do you know how long it would take for a GM/Customer Support to go through that, on top of all the issues they currently have to deal with?

Are you prepared to start paying 10-15 dollars an hour to hire a a team of 20-40 people working 40-60 hours a week to JUST go through one small annoyance in the game that you can easily filter out yourself?

Maybe adding a CAPTCHA type thing to each mail could narrow things down without the unnecessary use of hiring a ton of people.

(edited by Gopher.4562)

Posted by: mrskvitebjoern.4627

mrskvitebjoern.4627

Well now they have started to send ingame spam mail too, before today first time receiving a spam in my inbox, I did not pay attention to it so much because I don’t always read the chat. But it obviously is becoming a problem indeed. If they are filling the mailbox with this crap and you spend most of the game time just to get your inbox clear and report them, it does take the gaming pleasure away. I think the best way to influence in this is not to buy such gold. If people would not buy, they would stop selling. Sadly greed influences in everything.

Posted by: pedroantonio.8516

pedroantonio.8516

Maybe they should add a report reason called “goldselling” and give that category preference over the rest of reports. I report all the goldsellers I see.

Posted by: Lailana.1853

Lailana.1853

Easy solution to get rid of a large majority of the gold spammers:

Edited by moderator: Last sentence was unnecessary

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

Uhhhhhhhhh

Ban the everliving bajesus out of them.

Again, and again, and again, and again. . . and again. . . and again. . .

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Also noticed a lot of gold sellers the past day or two, just block them it’s not such a big deal. Also worth noting a lot of them will be hacked accounts so there could be a reluctance to ban for that reason.

Posted by: Never.6014

Never.6014

I just report, then block them. I don’t know if the block list has a limit, but I haven’t hit it so far.

Tell Anet’s boss what you think: http://tinyurl.com/arkgzku

Posted by: Nade.5976

Nade.5976

Please, Anet, it’s getting really bad.

Posted by: Tahana.7984

Tahana.7984

Honestly I’m not that techy as to what they should do.. But maybe they should talk to Bioware.. When they game first launched there were a few, but not like in this game. They are literally everywhere. I report and block everyone that I see, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference because there are to many people out there that don’t take their game account security seriously.

Posted by: Whiskeyjack.4569

Whiskeyjack.4569

SWTOR was worse, it just depended on your server. The only way to combat these fools is to not buy from them but for some reason people still feel the need to buy from gold sellers. Anyways these people spam and delete, spam and delete which would i imagine makes it even harder to track them.

Posted by: Syrellaris.9125

Syrellaris.9125

To read every report players make, note down the gold selling website adresses and any reference they make about gold selling and install a Spam filter that filters based on those and more parameters to stop the spam from appearing in map chat.

They could also make it so, the account gets locked, flagged for inspection instantly.
If other companies can do it and even modders in WoW, then so can Arena Net.

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Honestly, I disabled /map chat within the first hour of playing. general chat in MMOs is so irrelevant and annoying these days that I don’t even bother with it. I stick to talking to my friends privately and in guild chat, and will pay attention to more focused /team chat in WvWvW.

Posted by: Arugess.8754

Arugess.8754

Aion had the exact same thing when it first launched. Anet should just look to Aion for what to do instead of re-inventing the wheel again.

1) filters on chat to detect for urls
2) pin number login challenge
3) and stuffff

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

A captcha for sending mail to people who aren’t mutually on your friends list would help with the mail spam. I dunno a good solution for map chat though.

Posted by: Altair.7560

Altair.7560

Spam in my MMO mail box. Goodies, I thought I didn’t have enough spam coming to my house and my email spam box. My life is now complete, and full of spam.

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Right now BLACKTIDE server is overrun with gold sellers, i’m currently in the Norn main city and my chat box has 5 different names constantly spamming fast gold crap. Not to mention my mail is flooded daily. I report every single one yet every day there are more and more.

Are these hacked accounts? because if so then the amount of people getting hacked is alarming.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Just keep reporting them then blocking them. The game is new, this too shall pass … Eventually. But be proactive and report them.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Aion had the exact same thing when it first launched. Anet should just look to Aion for what to do instead of re-inventing the wheel again.

1) filters on chat to detect for urls
2) pin number login challenge
3) and stuffff

Wouldn’t mind a pin number added where the number pad changes each time you log in.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

- mouse over the gold seller’s name
- right click
- block

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Main issue is that most Gold Sellers are using hacked accounts, so when they identify one I think they try to return access of the account back to the original owner.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: DenRode.1740

DenRode.1740

Take personal measures like blocking them. It clears your chat up so you can read things you want. On top of that, just keep reporting them. They’ll be dealt with in time, and the way ANet has been on the ball with issues, I can’t imagine they won’t deal with this as well.

Posted by: Hedyn.5917

Hedyn.5917

I’m not even in the kitten mood to kitten play because of all the spam. Every kitten time I log in there’s a pile of kitten spam from some kitten gold seller. I hope the mass-extermination of the spammers comes soon, and that it involves furious kittens.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

From what I heard from a CM yesterday on this board, they’re considering adding a category related to RMT’s like gold-selling in the player report window. For now though, they said reporting it as either spamming or scamming is acceptable, they’ll get the same outcome.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Make it that players under lvl 8 cannot send messages in Map chat.

The amount of gold sellers spam will dwindle quite significantly, but the chat in noob areas will suffer a fair bit.

Posted by: Yawg.1294

Yawg.1294

SOLUTION: When a spammer gets a certain number of reports for spamming his account should be automatically muted until his case is reviewed by a GM. This way spammers won’t be having several hours of spamming action until manually banned.
Warning: abuse of this feature (reporting innocent players) can lead to your account getting banned.

Posted by: Metanoiance.3820

Metanoiance.3820

Gold spammers ruin the game big time!

Either let us use addons so that we can filter the spam through an addon.
OR
Implement an official spam filter!

Posted by: QbertTK.4019

QbertTK.4019

I personally just report them for spamming, and then block them. I may be wrong, but blocking the toon that’s advertising actually blocks the entire account…

That’s what I tell myself to sleep at night at least. Makes me feel like I’m sticking it to ’em.

Posted by: Runar.1342

Runar.1342

I just got my normal daily login two in game emails trying to get me to buy some gold. Seems like this will be the norm from now on unfortunately.

I hate spam in real life email and I hate it even more in games that I’ve payed to play.

What could Anet do about it?
I think you mean, What should Anet have done about it?
They should have given us a keyword filter system that would allow us to enter keywords into a simple text file in the game installation folder. Any time that chat message comes up with a word that is in a players keyword list, the message would not appear in the chat window.

Works basically the same for in game mail, anytime that a new message contains one of these hot words, then that message is not delivered to the player, it is simply deleted instead.

Then keeping up on it falls on the player to deal with and Anet doesn’t have to worry about it, unless they feel the desire to provide their own list of keywords that they feel would be a good starting list of words to place in this file.

Yeah, they’ve had 5 years to come up with a system, and all that they’ve managed to come up with is like every other MMO ever produced… A button to report the gold seller AFTER the incident.

Come on Anet, quite being reactive and start being proactive when it comes to the spam that is making your game unenjoyable to play due to the growing amount of gold selling spam that is arriving on a daily basis now.

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

Do what other mmo’s have done. Just one button (report/block), simple fix.*(should note it should be block account not name)

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

You know the problem with gold sellers ?
Its gold buyers, if no one would buy then they wouldnt come ingame to make business.

Ban the sellers they just create a new one, heck its a bot creating the characters probably. But if u ban the buyers then they lose their customers and leave for a more beneficial game.

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I don’t have near the amount of gold-seller problems as you all make it out to be. I might get one or two spam mail a day and then ignore one or two gold sellers a day in map chat. And this is on server Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: fleeZy.5270

fleeZy.5270

if you want to buy gold. just by gems and trade them… Anet has given you the option to legally and EASILY buy currency in game…

not hard…

god…

fleeZy – pewmesmerpew

Posted by: evasionmoon.1345

evasionmoon.1345

Before today gold sellers were just that annoyance you right click and report.
they were mostly on the overflow, not on the main server.
So tonight I log on thinking yeah weekend play, and they are everywhere!
you cannot read map chat anymore.
My server has a great community and you cannot see them because you have gold-sellers spamming map chat!
I have spent my entire play time this evening reporting gold sellers!
this is not acceptable to me- when I log on to relax and play a great game- I want to be able to do so.
I do not want to be spammed by bots using stolen accounts!
I love this game and I love the community but this needs to stop.

Just ignore them and don’t buy gold they will leave its simple as that.

Why you let goldsellers ruined your game session fun ?

Jealous others have more becouse they buy gold?

I realy give a S…. and im not reporting anymore if the fans buy gold or Arenanet don’t do anything they ruin the game eventually so its up to all GW2 players and ARENANET to do something about goldsellers if not game is dead before it even started.

But im affraid to many losers out there buying gold other wise goldsellers would’nt excist in the first place.

Posted by: Oliin.9581

Oliin.9581

You know the problem with gold sellers ?
Its gold buyers, if no one would buy then they wouldnt come ingame to make business.

Yea I’m pretty much with this one. Which is why I’m sad here since there’s a legal and easy way to effectively buy gold here in GW2 if you really must have it.

What makes me even sadder was that for at least a couple days there (and possibly still, I dunno) it was actually more expensive to buy your gold from a gold spammer than it was to buy gems and sell them for gold.

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Agreed, Ita bad enough seeing these morons spamming chat, now we have to put up with constant gold selling emails each time you log in.

:(

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Juutas.7320

Juutas.7320

I have this same problem in map chat and in my mailbox… Why people wan’t to ruin the Economy of their realm? Geezz… what losers.

Don’t worry, be Jormag! -Sons of Svanir Fan Club

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

We are fully aware of this situation and the inconveniences that these gold-sellers represent for you, players and your gaming experiences; we know how annoying is to delete each of their messages each time you log-in. We are currently working on that.

However, I would ask you to keep on reporting each time you see them, as this is the best way you can help us right now.

Now I will proceed to close the thread.
Thanks.

Posted by: Semirhage.7839

Semirhage.7839

Same problem. I log in each day to find 2 – 5 messages in my mailbox of which most of them have the exact same content and heading. I’m not sure what can be done to not only combat, but obliterate the situation, but I hope they can think of something.

Don’t you feel ashamed, using that term to describe yourselves?
Like a puppy calling its self a wolf?