open world pve is a breeze

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

And it will. Maybe not many, but it will, because there ARE players like these in the game.

And there are players that find this too easy. Please explain why you are more important than they are.

“Too easy” doesn’t lock people out of it. “Too difficult” does. That’s why.

Oh so you are more important then?

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you wanted to exclude some players.

Being bored doesn’t prevent you from doing something. You can decide its not worth it, or that you don’t want to, but it is not impossible for you to do it. Being too difficult does make it impossible.

And you may consider turning the difficulty from 1 to 2, but that’s purely subjective. For all you know someone out there finds it to be at 6 or 7 right now. Your attitude is “too bad” while you crank it up to 9 (on their scale).

So you don’t like PvP, or WvW, and Dungeons don’t suit you… so basically you don’t want the difficult content the game already offers. So changes need to be made that will affect everyone?

By keeping things to easy you exclude other players just the same.

The topic here is open world PvE so I exclude the other types of gameplay since they are OFF TOPIC.

I said dungeons are not as viable for leveling, I didn’t say I didn’t like dungeons.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

And it will. Maybe not many, but it will, because there ARE players like these in the game.

And there are players that find this too easy. Please explain why you are more important than they are.

“Too easy” doesn’t lock people out of it. “Too difficult” does. That’s why.

Being bored doesn’t prevent you from doing something. You can decide its not worth it, or that you don’t want to, but it is not impossible for you to do it. Being too difficult does make it impossible.

And you may consider turning the difficulty from 1 to 2, but that’s purely subjective. For all you know someone out there finds it to be at 6 or 7 right now. Your attitude is “too bad” while you crank it up to 9 (on their scale).

So you don’t like PvP, or WvW, and Dungeons don’t suit you… so basically you don’t want the difficult content the game already offers. So changes need to be made that will affect everyone?

hey bro, like it or not, there are many people in this game who don’t level alts because it’s too boring. which keeps them from playing and they eventually quit. just like having to hit a heal or dodge button every once in a while might keep the hordes of casuals from playing.
also did we humans at some point in time lose the ability to learn? people that suck at games can never get better now? when did we shift to a mentality that when something doesn’t go exactly the way we want it to, we kitten out? I’m thinking about 15 years ago btw, what are you guises thoughts on this?

Gehenna.3625

snip for length

I didn’t agree with your example of dungeons because they are group play. That’s a completely different type of context so the example just doesn’t apply. People keep bringing dungeons into the subject but the topic is still open world pve and you cannot compare the two.

The comment that I “shouldn’t ask for something” is utterly arrogant. You do not get to decide what others ask for. I have the right to ask for it and Anet has the right to ignore it or do something with it. But don’t tell me I shouldn’t ask this. That’s entirely condescending and uncalled for. You are not my parent.

And again, I was clear in this I thought, I am not looking for places with a challenge. Of course I can find those, but what I want is to be able to go through leveling zones just like everybody else but not feel like it doesn’t matter what I do, I will win. That’s so not satisfying. So yes I am asking that they take out auto attack mobs and make my character’s skill bar have at least some meaning while leveling. It’s preposterous that one skill on automatic is enough to kill many mobs. I have the right to feel that way and the right to ask for change.

You don’t have the right to tell me what I may or may not ask, however…try as you might, that’s just the most ridiculous thing anybody said in this thread.

And again stop lying….everytime you say I demand this YOU LIE. I ask it, but I do not demand it. I already said that and here you go saying it again.

Please stop lying ok. You may have your opinion, express it, disagree with me, but don’t put words in my mouth that I did not use. That’s just dishonest.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

You keep insisting the topic is open world PvE and that the other modes don’t come into the equation, except that severely distorts the discussion. By temporarily putting other modes aside it makes the situation look as though no content is challenging. The fact is is that open world PvE isn’t meant to be the challenging part of the game. You can’t simply say “I want the content to be more challenging” while at the same time brushing aside challenging content.

Yes, I hear you. For leveling purposes.

What about exploring purposes? What about players who are primarily explorers and not looking to have everyfight be a dogfight just to get to a vista or a clifftop? “Too bad” for them?

What about players who don’t have the reflexes to perfectly dodge consistently? Its great you can take a level 11 mesmer and kill things one on one and its easy. And you’re right, it is easy. Go take your level 11 mesmer and aggro 2 things, or 3. The game doesn’t prevent you from increasing the challenge and risk yourself, so if you don’t want to, why should other players have the challenge and risk increased?

You just autoattack to win? Great, I’m happy for you. But its your choice to sit back and put no extra effort. The game isn’t mandating you only hit 1 and then lean back and sip coffee, meanwhile you’re trying to mandate that some players will just have to deal with it when they start being unable to access/complete open world PvE content because it’s become to difficult.

arjeidi.2690

hey bro, like it or not, there are many people in this game who don’t level alts because it’s too boring. which keeps them from playing and who eventually quit. just like having to hit a heal or dodge button every once in a while might keep the hordes of casuals from playing.
also did we humans at some point in time lose the ability to learn? people that suck at games can never get better now? when did we shift to a mentality that when something doesn’t go exactly the way we want it to, we kitten out? I’m thinking about 15 years ago btw, what are you guises thoughts on this?

And there are plenty of people in this game who do level alts. I suspect a majority of MMO players in general level alts, but I have no numbers to give.

Like I’ve told you, and Gehenna, the game does not prohibit you from increasing the challenge and risk for yourself when you go out into the open world. If you attack MobA and then run by hostile MobC, MobC does not go “Oh, I see you’re busy with MobA, I’ll just let you finish that and then rest up so you can hit 1 and go afk with me too.”

Oh, you don’t bother doing that? You consistently take the minimal-effort route by choice then complain the game requires minimal-effort? Yeah, good idea to increase difficulty for all players just because you can’t be bothered to do something more than hit 1.

I can also tell you’re young because its not about the inability to learn, it’s often more about dexterity and reflexes, which fade over time. Enjoy yours while you still have them, “bro”.

Gehenna.3625

You keep insisting the topic is open world PvE and that the other modes don’t come into the equation, except that severely distorts the discussion. By temporarily putting other modes aside it makes the situation look as though no content is challenging.

That is a load of bull. The title is “hi anet, open world pve is a breeze” There is nothing unclear about that.

Dungeons are not open world pve
WvW is not open world pve
PvP is not open world pve

If people don’t get that, then sorry, that’s their problem.

Open world PvE has the following problems:

1) The game has too many levels and too many leveling zones with the same content in it. That causes repetition. If this is your preferred way of leveling, you’re kinda screwed.

2) Too many mobs (not all) are too easy to kill. This adds to the boredom of the already repetitious leveling as per point 1.

3) DE’s are the best xp for leveling. Some of them are impossible or very hard to solo, but most are dead easy especially when you have 2 or more players. Also you can run by events and kill two mobs in each event area and still get rewarded. On other occassions you’re running around trying to find events.

All in all there are more factors that come into play, but the symbol for me of easy mode open world pve is that the game allows you to kill many mobs (again not all) with just an auto attack while standing still. It’s really not the only issue but it certainly epitomizes it.

But you think you represent most players. I think that’s a kittenumption and you’re just afraid that anything other people ask might make the game too hard for YOU. If you’d said that instead of hiding behind some imaginary multitude of players at least I would’ve thought you’d have an honest opinion.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

snip for length

I didn’t agree with your example of dungeons because they are group play. That’s a completely different type of context so the example just doesn’t apply. People keep bringing dungeons into the subject but the topic is still open world pve and you cannot compare the two.

The comment that I “shouldn’t ask for something” is utterly arrogant. You do not get to decide what others ask for. I have the right to ask for it and Anet has the right to ignore it or do something with it. But don’t tell me I shouldn’t ask this. That’s entirely condescending and uncalled for. You are not my parent.

And again, I was clear in this I thought, I am not looking for places with a challenge. Of course I can find those, but what I want is to be able to go through leveling zones just like everybody else but not feel like it doesn’t matter what I do, I will win. That’s so not satisfying. So yes I am asking that they take out auto attack mobs and make my character’s skill bar have at least some meaning while leveling. It’s preposterous that one skill on automatic is enough to kill many mobs. I have the right to feel that way and the right to ask for change.

You don’t have the right to tell me what I may or may not ask, however…try as you might, that’s just the most ridiculous thing anybody said in this thread.

And again stop lying….everytime you say I demand this YOU LIE. I ask it, but I do not demand it. I already said that and here you go saying it again.

Please stop lying ok. You may have your opinion, express it, disagree with me, but don’t put words in my mouth that I did not use. That’s just dishonest.

Open-world PvE can, and often is, group play as well. Don’t forget that fact.

And your vehemence when ‘asking’ for this change and the way in which you respond to anyone with an opposing view makes your ‘request’ more akin to a demand. Thus I responded to your tone over your words.

Yes, if you single attack everything you’ll have little challenge. Take on more than one at once. Take on a group. Make your challenge. Again, if you are incapable of finding places to try this I can recommend a long list of places that will kick your kitten (self-censored) if you over-aggro, and even sometimes when you don’t.

And I’ve not lied once. Again, I’m responding to your tone, not your words. You don’t want me to think you’re being demanding then stop responding in a tone that says you are.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

pullnointer.1476

What about players who don’t have the reflexes to perfectly dodge consistently? Its great you can take a level 11 mesmer and kill things one on one and its easy. And you’re right, it is easy. Go take your level 11 mesmer and aggro 2 things, or 3. The game doesn’t prevent you from increasing the challenge and risk yourself, so if you don’t want to, why should other players have the challenge and risk increased?

the game sort of prevents him from doing that by making mobs give virtually no xp.

pullnointer.1476

Oh, you don’t bother doing that? You consistently take the minimal-effort route by choice then complain the game requires minimal-effort? Yeah, good idea to increase difficulty for all players just because you can’t be bothered to do something more than hit 1.

what the kittening hell are you talking about? I can be bothered, but it isn’t necessary and people who don’t do it happily level at the same rate as me.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

the game sort of prevents him from doing that by making mobs give virtually no xp.

So is it about exp or challenge?

Listen buddy, when the game becomes to easy and boring it locks people out just the same. Not because it’s impossible to play but because you don’t want to kill your brain.

And I really don’t believe that if mobs that can be killed with just auto attack also require you to cast a heal spell once and maybe one other attack is too difficult for most people…really.

You have ways to make the game harder for yourself, but you don’t want to, instead you want to lock people out of content to make yourself feel more comfortable.
No MMO is kitten PVE mode. None. There’s no reason to change the PVE in this one either.

Gehenna.3625

Open-world PvE can, and often is, group play as well. Don’t forget that fact.

Incorrect, there is no group play in open world pve. There is zerg content but it does not equate to a team of a limited amount of players in an instance. That is entirely different.

And your vehemence when ‘asking’ for this change and the way in which you respond to anyone with an opposing view makes your ‘request’ more akin to a demand. Thus I responded to your tone over your words.

My vehemence has not been in asking, it has been in defending against people putting words in my mouth.

Yes, if you single attack everything you’ll have little challenge. Take on more than one at once. Take on a group. Make your challenge. Again, if you are incapable of finding places to try this I can recommend a long list of places that will kick your kitten (self-censored) if you over-aggro, and even sometimes when you don’t.

This topic is taken out of context now. I can understand that but this is just a symptom of the total problem. But to me it’s a clear example of what’s wrong with open world pve in my view.

My problem arises more when I find myself traveling and having to fight mobs because they cc my movement and then have to do this mind numbing fight again. That has to do with their aggro range as well. It’s just a part of the total problem but it just show how easy mobs are in this game.

And I’ve not lied once. Again, I’m responding to your tone, not your words. You don’t want me to think you’re being demanding then stop responding in a tone that says you are.

Well my tone is against you and not Anet. That should be abundantly clear. I am not saying at all that “Anet must do this” and “Anet must do that” all over my posts. No I am saying “stop putting words in my mouth” and “I never said that”. That’s what I am fighting here, not Anet.

The minute you stop doing that, you’ll see this calm down instantly.

Gehenna.3625

Listen buddy, when the game becomes to easy and boring it locks people out just the same. Not because it’s impossible to play but because you don’t want to kill your brain.

And I really don’t believe that if mobs that can be killed with just auto attack also require you to cast a heal spell once and maybe one other attack is too difficult for most people…really.

You have ways to make the game harder for yourself, but you don’t want to, instead you want to lock people out of content to make yourself feel more comfortable.
No MMO is kitten PVE mode. None. There’s no reason to change the PVE in this one either.

I disagree. You are asking me to change, but so can you. I am not locking people out of content. That’s your assumption. It’s just not true. It’s what YOU fear, it’s not what I am proposing.

I have played quite a few games and always have lots of alts. This game is the one exception, because it is boring as hell to me. In GW1 I have 19 characters for example. So yes, of course I want things to change but it goes much further. This is just part of it. Too many levels, too many zones with the same stuff, boring story, poor voice acting etc. It all adds to the boredom.

I stopped playing again because it bores me. So I am excluded. You worry about people being locked out because of perceived difficulty, but don’t care about people who are locked out because it just bores the crap out of them. So tell my why I would care about what you want if you don’t care about what I want?

Mirta.5029

I disagree. You are asking me to change, but so can you. I am not locking people out of content. That’s your assumption. It’s just not true. It’s what YOU fear, it’s not what I am proposing.

I have played quite a few games and always have lots of alts. This game is the one exception, because it is boring as hell to me. In GW1 I have 19 characters for example. So yes, of course I want things to change but it goes much further. This is just part of it. Too many levels, too many zones with the same stuff, boring story, poor voice acting etc. It all adds to the boredom.

I stopped playing again because it bores me. So I am excluded. You worry about people being locked out because of perceived difficulty, but don’t care about people who are locked out because it just bores the crap out of them. So tell my why I would care about what you want if you don’t care about what I want?

1. A person that has difficulty in a 1-15 map can not change. There’s NO way for them to drop the difficulty down. The same goes for people that finish every 1-15 map, but can’t progress further. You CAN challenge yourself.
2. I simply could not finish GW1 alone. However GW1 was not an MMO, but rather a CORPG and games with a single player mode on average are so much harder, because the man goal is to reach the end of the game, while in an MMO reaching level 80 is only the beginning.
3. You list more things than just the difficulty. Chances are if they upped the difficulty you would still not play. So not only do you not really like the game, but are trying to exclude other people from completing content that they can complete and enjoy.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

—snip—

Gehenna,

I am calm and have remained calm this entire time.

This conversation does seem to have reached it’s conclusion, though. You are not listening to any point that conflicts with your own and discard anything you don’t think is relevant, even if it is. For that reason I will bow out of this conversation as it is no longer worth my time. Brick walls make for terrible conversationalists, after all.

To everyone else,

I, like you, hope that PvE stays similar in difficulty, and that ANet does not bow to the whims of the elitists. Let us all hope that the game will remain accessible to the greatest number of players. Let us hope that the game will try more to court those that want a good game over those that want everything to be a challenge to the detriment of others.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Mirta.5029

—snip—

Gehenna,

This conversation does seem to have reached it’s conclusion, though. You are not listening to any point that conflicts with your own and discard anything you don’t think is relevant, even if it is. For that reason I will bow out of this conversation as it is no longer worth my time. Brick walls make for terrible conversationalists, after all.

To everyone else,

I, like you, hope that PvE stays similar in difficulty, and that ANet does not bow to the whims of the elitists. Let us all hope that the game will remain accessible to the greatest number of players. Let us hope that the game will try more to court those that want a good game over those that want everything to be a challenge to the detriment of others.

^
Pretty much this. I should not even attempt to continue conversations that go in circles. I’ve expressed myself and explained my view. Time to take my leave.

Gehenna.3625

1. A person that has difficulty in a 1-15 map can not change. There’s NO way for them to drop the difficulty down. The same goes for people that finish every 1-15 map, but can’t progress further. You CAN challenge yourself. .

I disagree. People can learn to get better. They can change. It may not be 100% true for everyone but you can learn to be better and you must anyway as the game progresses.

2. I simply could not finish GW1 alone. However GW1 was not an MMO, but rather a CORPG and games with a single player mode on average are so much harder, because the man goal is to reach the end of the game, while in an MMO reaching level 80 is only the beginning.

GW1 was just an example. I have played SWTOR and Aion for example, but you know the comparisons don’t really matter. GW2 is just not working for me, which saddens me as I thoroughly enjoyed GW1. Part of the problem is that combat is meaningless in this game. If I can kill a lot of mobs with one button and waiting, that’s just a big symptom for me.

3. You list more things than just the difficulty. Chances are if they upped the difficulty you would still not play. So not only do you not really like the game, but are trying to exclude other people from completing content that they can complete and enjoy.

Yep there is more to it than just the difficulty, but the difficulty in open world pve is the subject here. It is indeed just part of the picture. But I could also enjoy the game ignoring the story and just enjoying messing around in the zones, but for that the combat needs to be more interesting for me.

And I am not trying to exclude other people. That’s just your assumptions and fears going mad in your head. It seems that you are concerned about just a few parts in each zones that you find hard to complete. Those don’t need to be harder for me either. But it would make the game worth giving another shot if the leveling zones were more interesting combat in general.

Gehenna.3625

—snip—

Gehenna,

To everyone else,

Well, perhaps you should apply to become a saint.

You don’t listen to anything I say, so you’re the pot calling the kettle black at best.

To everybody else:

You are free to ask for what you want. It is ok to have a different opinion. Don’t let other people tell you different or twist your words into something you didn’t say.

I hope Anet listens to everybody here and bases their decisions on both sides of the story, not just mine. But I do hope they at least understand they also lose players because the world is too big and easy and leads to boredom for some of us.

arjeidi.2690

That is a load of bull. The title is “hi anet, open world pve is a breeze” There is nothing unclear about that.

And what is the intent with the thread? To make open world PvE more difficult. Despite there being a number of options that already provide more difficult content. If someone made a thread “Dungeons are too hard”, they’d get told to stick to open world pve.

1) The game has too many levels and too many leveling zones with the same content in it. That causes repetition. If this is your preferred way of leveling, you’re kinda screwed.

2) Too many mobs (not all) are too easy to kill. This adds to the boredom of the already repetitious leveling as per point 1.

3) DE’s are the best xp for leveling. Some of them are impossible or very hard to solo, but most are dead easy especially when you have 2 or more players. Also you can run by events and kill two mobs in each event area and still get rewarded. On other occassions you’re running around trying to find events.

I agree with all 3 of your points. All 3.

1. How does the abundance of levels and leveling maps get solved/changed in any way by making open world pve more challenging? Now there’s the same number of maps and same number of levels except for some players its all more difficult.

2. Yes, they’re easy as fk to kill as long as you control the situation. Challenge ramps up when one of your bouncing attacks hits another mob, or when a mob spawns right near you. Sure, you can still win out, but simply winning a fight does not equate it to easy mode. I know you know this but I can’t get but get the feeling that you and pullnointer are looking at things as “I killed that mob, therefore it was easy.”

3. So there is challenging open world PvE then? 2 players certainly bring up the odds of success but you still have to win out. Unless you’re all twinked with market-bought/main-crafted gear.[/quote]

All in all there are more factors that come into play, but the symbol for me of easy mode open world pve is that the game allows you to kill many mobs (again not all) with just an auto attack while standing still. It’s really not the only issue but it certainly epitomizes it.

I took my level 5 engineer out to do the same test you did. I fought four separate level 6 Ascalon Ghosts. I did as you described on your mesmer: Simply hit 1 and watched.

-I killed the archer with my health at around ~80 or so (my max is 520).
-I killed the warrior but as simply autoattacking is guaranteed win I did not run or heal or dodge. I managed to kill it while in downed state, while spamming Downed #1.
-I killed the Ascalonian Peasant by attacking it at range (pistol) having an advantage because it had to close in melee range. I killed it rather easily.
-I killed a second Ascalonian Peasant by running up to it in melee range first and then autoattacking with my pistol. I killed it with exactly 18hp left. So if he landed one more hit, I would’ve been downed.

So I won them all, but was practically downed twice. So I succeeded, I guess that means the game is too easy then. At level 5 I should have had to burn my dodges and heals just to get by.

But you think you represent most players. I think that’s a kittenumption and you’re just afraid that anything other people ask might make the game too hard for YOU. If you’d said that instead of hiding behind some imaginary multitude of players at least I would’ve thought you’d have an honest opinion.

Ha! I don’t think I represent anybody but myself. I know I don’t represent anybody but myself but I will speak for players who aren’t as good as you or even me. I’m a completely solo player and I have 100% world completion. I’ve “beat” the game as far as I’m concerned, and now I’ll do it on alts. Except for when people are doing an event nearby, my entire game time is solo. I know what open world PvE is. Maybe when you run with friends its mind-numbingly simple, but other than events the open world isn’t intended for serious group play. That, again, is what dungeons/wvw/pvp are for.

But make all the assumptions about me you want. Maybe its hard for you to understand someone having empathy for players who might have a harder time than you do. Can’t care about anyone but me, right?

Gehenna.3625

And what is the intent with the thread? To make open world PvE more difficult. Despite there being a number of options that already provide more difficult content. If someone made a thread “Dungeons are too hard”, they’d get told to stick to open world pve.

I agree with all 3 of your points. All 3.

1. How does the abundance of levels and leveling maps get solved/changed in any way by making open world pve more challenging? Now there’s the same number of maps and same number of levels except for some players its all more difficult.

2. Yes, they’re easy as fk to kill as long as you control the situation. Challenge ramps up when one of your bouncing attacks hits another mob, or when a mob spawns right near you. Sure, you can still win out, but simply winning a fight does not equate it to easy mode. I know you know this but I can’t get but get the feeling that you and pullnointer are looking at things as “I killed that mob, therefore it was easy.”

3. So there is challenging open world PvE then? 2 players certainly bring up the odds of success but you still have to win out. Unless you’re all twinked with market-bought/main-crafted gear.

I took my level 5 engineer out to do the same test you did. I fought four separate level 6 Ascalon Ghosts. I did as you described on your mesmer: Simply hit 1 and watched.

-I killed the archer with my health at around ~80 or so (my max is 520).
-I killed the warrior but as simply autoattacking is guaranteed win I did not run or heal or dodge. I managed to kill it while in downed state, while spamming Downed #1.
-I killed the Ascalonian Peasant by attacking it at range (pistol) having an advantage because it had to close in melee range. I killed it rather easily.
-I killed a second Ascalonian Peasant by running up to it in melee range first and then autoattacking with my pistol. I killed it with exactly 18hp left. So if he landed one more hit, I would’ve been downed.

So I won them all, but was practically downed twice. So I succeeded, I guess that means the game is too easy then. At level 5 I should have had to burn my dodges and heals just to get by.

Ha! I don’t think I represent anybody but myself. I know I don’t represent anybody but myself but I will speak for players who aren’t as good as you or even me. I’m a completely solo player and I have 100% world completion. I’ve “beat” the game as far as I’m concerned, and now I’ll do it on alts. Except for when people are doing an event nearby, my entire game time is solo. I know what open world PvE is. Maybe when you run with friends its mind-numbingly simple, but other than events the open world isn’t intended for serious group play. That, again, is what dungeons/wvw/pvp are for.

But make all the assumptions about me you want. Maybe its hard for you to understand someone having empathy for players who might have a harder time than you do. Can’t care about anyone but me, right? [/quote]

Ok that was a really good post by you well done indeed. And I mean it, it’s not a joke. I may not agree with every point but it’s a good post so I am just going to say thank you and leave it at that

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

2. It tells me that there are very talented people in game that I will never be as good as. It still doesn’t change the fact that it takes me 5 hours to complete one single path

That post really was kind of enlightening to me (well, not really, but brought things to mind I already knew). To OP, whenever you think something is easy, it can very well be that you are simply too good at doing it. Some of it is talent, some of it comes down to playtime/practice. Eg. I consider myself a, hmmm, maybe, slightly above average player because I played games and especially various mmo´s for half my life now (and I am very, very middle aged now ) and I consider open world walk through sleeping easy. At first it seems weird to me someone would need that time for a dungeon, well, I guess Mirta is exaggerating that a bit, but still. Without statistically relevant data, it simply is impossible for you (or me) to judge the difficulty of a game objectively. Open world PvE is rather irrelevant in character progression anyway once you are experienced in game and start doing alts. You grab the sweet spots and move on to more exciting content. So I vote leave that part of the game as a nice practice/leveling area for new people.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

The truth is..if scaling actually worked properly in this game it wouldn’t lock anyone out. Even when downscaled you are 2 shotting everything at the most.

Anyway, I do find open world pve to be boring as all hell, too. Jumping puzzles are about the only fun things I can do outside of WvW

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

GW2 PVE is supposed to be easy, it’s a game for casuals like you know, people who don’t have time to dedicate to a hardcore PvE game like SWTOR or WoW or Rift, GW2 is designed to be easy, anyone who says no is lying! But this is a good thing!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

There is a big gulf in the skill level between an experienced player and a new player. New players find open world PvE challenging so it is pitched at the right level for them. That’s good because that’s the environment in which new players learn the game. Experienced players find open world PvE easy but it doesn’t matter since they can skip the open world and do PvP, WvW, dungeons, or anything else.

What are you on about? When i bought this game and was playing for the first time the 2nd thing i noticed (1st was how dumb their event system is) was how laughably easy everything was. I mapped the whole Orr solo on a glass mesmer… in which game you can solo the presumably end game on a glass cannon build? You want to know the best part? They nerfed Orr and made it EVEN easier lmao. Please, anyone saying open world is challenging, get off Nintendo Land and Kinect titles like Dance Central. Its insulting calling gw2 pve content even half challenging, seriously wth is up with some people in here

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

GW2 is designed to be easy and accessible, not complicated