other ways to earn dungeon only runes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

Could we now potentially implement another way to earn the dungeon-only runes such as nightmare or aristocrat runes or make them a lot cheaper to get? with hot hitting as well as the dungeon nerf im having a hard time finding people to do dungeons now…

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Could we now potentially implement another way to earn the dungeon-only runes such as nightmare or aristocrat runes or make them a lot cheaper to get? with hot hitting as well as the dungeon nerf im having a hard time finding people to do dungeons now…

You can acquire them from pvp reward tracks or from tossing other runes in the mystic forge.

However, every dungeon has at least one soloable path if you really don’t have enough friends to help you run the dungeons.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Atmos.8105

Atmos.8105

PvP is another option. although you might have to wait a few weeks for a particular one

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

If your mouse, hand and sanity can bear it, placing buy orders and forging rare runes will get you the dungeon runes and a reasonable profit if you sell the unwanted superior runes that you get.

Nemesis.6938

i am not sure how the mystic forge way works – i have to put 4 of the same major runes into the mystic forge until from what 30 different runes i randomly get an aristocrat rune with a chance of like 1% and then i have to do thi 6 times so probably 500-1000 times?

or how does that work exactly?

Posted by: Atmos.8105

Atmos.8105

pretty much. althought if its 30 runes it would be 3%

Nemesis.6938

pretty much. althought if its 30 runes it would be 3%

well but youre not guaranteed to get a superior rune right? i think i remember that at least at one point it was a chance of 20% to get a superior rune. I quickly checked and there seem to be around 80 runes, so your chances to get the right rune if this is true are around 0.25%…. so you need to do this 2400 times on average to get a full set

well…not sure i like that perspective lol

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Nobody said it was supposed to be easier. They’re dungeon rune sets, so obviously the easiest method to get them is from dungeons, we’re just pointing out the other options here so you can decide whether to get friends, get pvp wins, or get grinding the mystic toilet.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ