overflow map? what is it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

Um when i go to lornar’s pass i get some popup about being on an overflow map. Everyone is speaking all sorts of languages i cant understand. Whne do i get to acess the real map? Do i need achivement points or something?

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

There is a new event in that zone and lots of people are going there to take part. Overflow is created when too many people go there. The zone is exactly the same as the regular zone.

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Overflow maps are created when the base map is filled to its capacity of players.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overflow

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Each zone map in the game has a player limit, which isn’t publicly known but is likely between 150-200 players. If too many players are in a zone, new incoming players are redirected to an “overflow”, a copy of that zone map intended for the extra players. If you’re playing on European servers, you might be sharing your overflow with players from German language servers, Spanish language servers or others, as overflows can mesh different server populations together if multiple home servers are full.

When room opens up in your home server’s zone, the option will appear on the screen to let you enter it and leave the overflow. With the Twisted Marionette event in Lornar’s Pass now, room on your home server should clear up once the event finishes. If the event fails, you’ll be instantly killed by the Marionette boss, no matter where you are in the zone, so when that happens to you you’ll know you should be able to join your home server soon.

Of course, if you don’t want to try to fight the Marionette yet and are just trying to explore, you might want to stay out of Lornar’s Pass for a few weeks, just to avoid that kind of random dying that’ll result from a full-on Aethercannon blast.

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

I been trying to enter lornars pass for 4 days now but i always go to some overflow. I hear some boss is there.

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

I been trying to enter lornars pass for 4 days now but i always go to some overflow. I hear some boss is there.

Yes, there is a new boss there. It’s also there in overflow. Overflow is exactly the same as the ‘regular’ zone.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Overflow maps are for players who don’t yet know how to play. Most of times overflow maps fail everything miserably.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

The most horrible place in the game where you will always fail events and you can do nothing about it