parrot on shoulder skin! :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I was playing gw2 when a random thought hit me: “what if A-net releases a new shoulder skin? it could be a parrot sitting on right/left shoulder that flaps wings whenever we jump or from time to time” thoughts anyone?

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

that would be awesome. ÖüÖ

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

Not a bad idea. Pirates aren’t exactly new to Tyria either. So I’d say go for it.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

interesting idea, not everyone like it, but it hurt nobody to have more skin option, great idea mate.

If it paired with exotic rune of pirate, and the parrot will disappeared when the parrot from the rune spawn, that will be pretty neat tho….

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

tbh OP, that’s so good i’m surprised they haven’t done it yet. Especially considering there’s various pirate garb available in game and even in the gem store already. Would really fit in easily. Hope A-Net hits this thread up!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Likewise I’m surprised they haven’t already done it. That would be brilliant.

Although it’s a shame it wouldn’t be possible to use it with the pirate outfit.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kakapo.5230

Kakapo.5230

My guildmaster would die from happiness if this was a thing.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

That’s a nice idea.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m convinced I need a Parrot Shoulder Skin in my life now.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

I think they just need to come out with enough of these skins so we have 2 peg legs, 2 hook hands, a parrot on each shoulder, and an eye patch for each eye. No joke I’d buy that.

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

it would be cool if the Bird was Dyeable. So it could work for more outfits, like black for a raven for necros or white to be a dove for guardians

It would be cool if it had some animation to, to make it life like, like maybe fly off the shoulder a little when falling or jumping only to land right back in his spot. even just a little head tilting would be perfect.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Make it a crow or raven and I’m in

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

DYE -kittenING- ABLE BIRD ON YOUR SHOULDER?
I HAVE MUCH NEED FOR THIS.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

This should be the new thing for anet. X creature atop your shoulder: parrot, raven, cat. So many possibilities.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Peura.3796

Peura.3796

Nevermore already has this and the raven even tilts on the branch when you run on all fours as a charr. Brilliant idea i might add. Basically any lore frendly birds. Thats some big money for Anet. Do make this happen if its not impossible ammount of work I will buy myself a burd or 2 burds.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This… is a great idea.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

Can there be a woodpecker version for Sylvari?
:)

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

it would be cool if the Bird was Dyeable. So it could work for more outfits, like black for a raven for necros or white to be a dove for guardians

It would be cool if it had some animation to, to make it life like, like maybe fly off the shoulder a little when falling or jumping only to land right back in his spot. even just a little head tilting would be perfect.

THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING! A-NET PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING! Gotta catch them all? I would soooo buy them all!

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I rather have a parrot costume for Asura and the ability to set Asura players on my shoulder.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

I like this idea. There’s all sorts of possibilities besides a parrot on the shoulder. A cat sitting on your shoulder. A squirrel eating nuts. An owl, turning its head to look around. A butterfly or two flying there. A raven for the people that made the staff legendary. A planet and stars.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

YES! What a lovely idea.

A-net doesn’t even really need to make a new model- we have a load of ambient birds in game which they could use. I’ve heard that mapping dye sections is quite a job in itself (especially if they weren’t designed initially to have dye sections)… so that might be a problem. But personally I wouldn’t mind too muh if we couldn’t dye the bird…

I think that the “parrot” we see in the mail carrier item is quite versatile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuRv3M3nKU

And on a similar note, the Raven mail carrier was released at the same time as the parrot one (and is an excellent contrast to the bright, colourful bird). I think just having these two birds would be selection enough