pay 4 skin NOT pay 2 win:

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alicse.9854

Alicse.9854

don’t know why the post was delated exactly, so hear is it again (without the word quit..)

I would love to pay 4 skins. Unfortunatly I only see pay 2 win options. I’ve planned to waste hundreds of € in the gemstore. No I don’t see this happen anymore. So what do you think? Do you prefer pay 2 win or pay 4 skin mechaniks?

Posted by: Lt Latency.7415

Lt Latency.7415

What is P2W here??

Exotic was the best level gear and was easy to get.

Now it’s ascended and that is from instances

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

I would happily pay for new skins for my Thief :-)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

i just want more skins released…theres nothing fun about “buying” skins…. if you collect skins through events and dungeons that’s where the fun is… its not the destination….its the journey.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Pay 2 win would be an improvement over the current system. At least then you could avoid FOTM if you don’t like it and still get the best stats.

Also, it’s not pay to win unless paying is the only way to acquire the stats. If they can be acquired with reasonable effort by non-paying players, it’s only buying time to reach the end quicker.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Where’s the P2W? Gem to gold? That’s worse then farming the gold yourself.

Alicse.9854

Pay 2 win would be an improvement over the current system. At least then you could avoid FOTM if you don’t like it and still get the best stats.

Also, it’s not pay to win unless paying is the only way to acquire the stats. If they can be acquired with reasonable effort by non-paying players, it’s only buying time to reach the end quicker.

You can craft the items with 150 + gold per item or start farming a dungeon over and over again for more than 300 hours (only for 1 item). Well you either spend thousend of hours grinding or lots of real cash in order to buy the requirements. Its pay to win, even when its hidden

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

You can’t really do either in Guild Wars 2 at the moment. There’s three combat-usable armour skins, of which any given character can only use one (Light/Medium/Heavy).

Mechanically, the Boosters are weak and not really money-efficient, and most of them only affect how quickly you gain things (Exp, Karma, Item Drops, Crafting Exp) without giving you any sort of mechanical advantage. The only other thing you can buy that improves your character is just exchanging Gems for Gold, which can only really be used to either level from 1-80 in a short amount of time via crafting, or to outfit yourself with Exotic equipment a few hours earlier than you’d be able to earn it via one of the many other ways to get Exotic equipment in the game. Since there aren’t any tradeable Ascended items in the game (and there isn’t even an Ascended category on the TP), that’s just a matter of slowly reaching obsolescence anyway.

You can’t really do much of anything with real money in GW2, at this point.

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

You can craft the items with 150 + gold per item or start farming a dungeon over and over again for more than 300 hours (only for 1 item). Well you either spend thousend of hours grinding or lots of real cash in order to buy the requirements. Its pay to win, even when its hidden

My point is that if you don’t like FOTM, then the current system still forces you to play to get them. Pay 2 win is therefore better because players who don’t like FOTM can still get the better stats.

I know how bad Pay 2 Win is. I’m just saying that the current grind is worse.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

P2W its not a solution to grind, its even worse then grind.

With the old sistem, there was no problem.

same stats

• you love to grind for a skin?…then grind it!
  • you have no time to grind? then pay for the skin!
  • you have no time and no money?… ok you have a crappy skin, but you can play like all the others.
Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Alicse.9854

^^ true word. I totally agree with that.

and btw. I never had a problem with spending real money on town cloth, if they are nice designd and even when I could have transfered gold for it. It was more about to support the devs.

(edited by Alicse.9854)

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

P2W its not a solution to grind, its even worse then grind.

With the old sistem, there was no problem.

same stats

• you love to grind for a skin?…then grind it!
  • you have no time to grind? then pay for the skin!
  • you have no time and no money?… ok you have a crappy skin, but you can play like all the others.

The old system was the best. But lets look at the current Ascended gear system:
– If you don’t mind running FOTM, you can get your Ascended items.
– If you can’t stand FOTM, you can’t.

Pay to win is only better because it would allow players who can’t stand FOTM to still get Ascended items. Pay to win is still terrible, all I’m saying is that the current Ascended gear system is worse.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

don’t know why the post was delated exactly, so hear is it again (without the word quit..)

You’re really better off reading/posting on the guildwars2guru forums now anyway. Their readership is larger and there’s no censorship of posts critical of Anet there.

eg: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/74916-ascended-items/
^ poll on ascended items currently shows 31% for, 45% against

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Lol, you said “4 skin”