phantom patch?

phantom patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So today I’ve got a patch took all evening to download.. 20% in and already over 100mb.
This is a big patch, but I can’t find any patch notes..
Are they preparing the system for anything big?

phantom patch?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

phantom patch?

Amaimon.7823

thanks, scrolled through it real quick.. so it really is a phantom patch? 400mb of nothing?

phantom patch?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

thanks, scrolled through it real quick.. so it really is a phantom patch? 400mb of nothing?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-8-2016/first#post6403302

The wonderfully unexciting world of MMO maintenance patches.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

phantom patch?

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Its a maintenance patch. Every MMO or non MMO usually gets one. If it included anything other than maintenance the Devs would let us know.

phantom patch?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My patch was 210MB. If you’ve not completed the patch, I’m not sure how you can determine it is 400MB. (Do be aware the percentage indicates number of files downloaded thus far, not the amount of data.)

Good luck.

phantom patch?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My patch was 210MB. If you’ve not completed the patch, I’m not sure how you can determine it is 400MB. (Do be aware the percentage indicates number of files downloaded thus far, not the amount of data.)

Good luck.

The size of the patch depends on the last time that client was patched and the language(s) chosen (the more languages, the bigger the patch, which is why I stopped included more than one).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

phantom patch?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, I am aware of that. It doesn’t change the fact that one can not determine how big the patch will be from the percentage shown and that it has little to no correlation to the data to be downloaded.

Many players are confused by the percent shown.

phantom patch?

Amaimon.7823

200mb or a gb, thats still a lot for an empty patch :p

phantom patch?

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Patches tend to start with largest files and gradually end up with very small ones. The early part of a download is usually the largest part.

phantom patch?

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

This thing is freaking huge. I haven’t had a patch this big since my virtual purchase of HoT. All the balance patches in the past brushed through in minutes, this thing took a while..

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.