"plain" unlimited gathering tools questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

The wording in the description for these is a little odd. Can anyone confirm that these are account bound? And is the sickle the slow(looking) kneel-down animation or a faster one?(which may just be my perception – the Consortium sickle seems faster to me)

I’ve waited for these for a long time, but I want to be sure that they’re account bound.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

They are account bound, and yes, the sickle appears slow.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you for the prompt response, Slam.

Elden Arnaas.4870

And indeed the sickle motion of the plain tool is slower than the scythe motion of the Consortium tool. That’s a shame. It’s a permanent tool, it should(IMO) be faster than the ordinary tools. I see these as convenience items, emphasis on functionality. I’m sure others will disagree, but that’s how I’ve always seen them. I never wanted the flashy stuff.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think the fused sickle is the fastest.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Maybe the new animations are interruptable?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The consortium tool is faster than all of the other sickles out there, including all of the other permanent/never-ending ones. So, the new pack isn’t any slower; the consortium one is just an anomaly, it seems.

“Harvesting is done slightly earlier in the gathering animation than other harvesting tools, allowing the user to move away from the node slightly faster than normal.”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consortium_Harvesting_Sickle

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Don’t confuse “account bound” with “everyone can use them” without a swapping of tools involved.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Don’t confuse “account bound” with “everyone can use them” without a swapping of tools involved.

“The tools will replace your existing tools on any character”

I was so hyped when I read that. I already had gem buy screen open… then I checked on dulfy to make sure → just plain account bound gathering tools.
The disappointment was real.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That’s the same description that’s on every other infinite tool.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Maybe they should rewrite it to “any level character” to make it more clear that it applies to one character at a time but there are no limits on which characters can use it.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I’m hoping they released them as a prelude to them making a skin system for the tools.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Anet really does need to let us skin our tools. I’ve completely outfitted 9 characters with perm tools and now I get a bit sad when I see new ones released because I would buy them if I could reskin my existing tools and yes, I realize that whether I can reskin them or not, I’ll end up with extra tools so an even better solution would be to sell the tool skins apart from the actual tools. Maybe this is a first step?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Anet really does need to let us skin our tools. I’ve completely outfitted 9 characters with perm tools and now I get a bit sad when I see new ones released because I would buy them if I could reskin my existing tools and yes, I realize that whether I can reskin them or not, I’ll end up with extra tools so an even better solution would be to sell the tool skins apart from the actual tools. Maybe this is a first step?

You wouldnt get the functionality.

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

Not unlimited if you forget to remove them from a character you then delete :><

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not unlimited if you forget to remove them from a character you then delete :><

If this has just happened recently contact Support (using the link at the top of the page) and they may be able to get them back for you.

For future reference it’s a good idea to unequip everything on a character you’re about to delete. It’s a lot easier to look at the Equipment panel and confirm to yourself it’s empty than to look at a 1/2 full one and spot any items you wanted to keep.

My normal process (I make and delete a lot of characters) is to put everything in their inventory and then go through it one item at a time putting things in the bank, selling them or deleting them until there’s nothing left. Then I double check the Hero panel to make sure I haven’t left anything equipped. I also remove all inventory bags except the Starter Backpack just in case I want to keep any of them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”