played gw2for4days in single player"SKIP"Rage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nostradus.2187

Nostradus.2187

so i was playing the game in single player the last 4 days,i had to stop 3 time to play the game because i was so close to delete my char and the game from my PC!
i just come back to the game 2 weeks ago and boosted my first char to 80, played a bit around and had fun until i started to do my personal story 4 days ago.

first of all why is the booster gear for necro pure condi without any power? so i am forced to play full condi biuld? thats no fun if you run around solo…

my main reason to play the story was to just complete it and be done with this part and get mastery points.

so how much fun was it?
this was the worst mmo questing experience i had in my history of playing mmo`s
well its not really a mmo quest is it ? since you all the time in an solo instance and if you get a dc you have to start all over again !!!

i have no problem with story quests, all mmo`s have them and thats fine,
-as long as i don`t have to listen to dialog`s for minuites without the option of skiping them!!!!!
-look stupid cut sceen`s i don`t care about! why is there no option to skip them?
why do you force people to look them ???

the hole time i was looking more youtube on my other monitor then actual playing the game.as i said i had to stop playing because it was so boring,slow and frustrating to just stand there and looking at npc`s talking to each othere….

and all this could be fixed with a simple “SKIP” option

another thing that was really frustrating while playing the story,why oh why have so many mobs the worst ability of all in games?
stun,fear,and knockdown? sure this can be avoided by the player but if you just want to run and finish this story quest since you already kittened since the last 2 min conversation you had to watch and all you want to do is reach the next green star on the map and then you have a couple of mobs around you and they all use there stun with a 2 sec time difference and you just lay there for like 10 -15 sec and can`t play the game,or you get feared of a cliff and have to restart,then its just game over for me.

after finally finishing the story i started the LW3 and oh my god… it looks bad,real bad.
the start from out of the shadows. 90% listen to conversations like i never seen it befor,at times i was thinking something went wrong and i had to reset since it took so long time to continue, 10% gameplay at most.

please keep your story and all the conversation for the people who care but let the option to skip all that to the people whoe don`t care about your story!

my question is now how is LW2 in terms of the no skip option? (i think i have to play it to max out the masteries)
and how is the LW3?

the hole no skip thing is a big deal since i have 2 friends i try to bring to gw2 but i know if they played the story quest,they only would stop 1 time and never continue.there are people who not have patient and thats the people you loose,you will howerver loose no people by adding the skip option to all content that keeps player waiting.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

If I get time, I’ll dig out the responses from the team as to why (atm) the skip button was removed when they went to real time cutscenes. It’s to do with causing severe bugs and unnatural behaviour in the world which will occur around the characters if the action is skipped.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Honest question here,

Why would you choose to play an RPG if you dont care about stories?

It seems like choosing to go to a seafood restaurant when you dont like fish.

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

Your doing story quest but dont care about the story. Therefor it is bad? Man this is gonna be a fun thread.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ok so to start, when you say personal story do you mean the first 10-80 story? Because if you do you can skip every conversation. The button to skip is in the bottom right.

If you were talking about the HoT story, then I can’t help you there. It also has much longer instances to work through, so I assume this is what you mean. I’m sorry you can’t handle a STORY mission in which story happens. The point of this is not just your hack and slash, but it’s to tell a story within the game. Stories usually involve conversations. It’s just a thing. Deal with it, or don’t. As for LS2 and 3, it’s the same. They left skippable conversations before LS2

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

If you’re only doing the story to get mastery points then of course it’s going to be boring.
Go off and do other things that give mastery points instead. No ones making you do the story. They said they can’t skip with the way it’s setup. Too many bugs.

As for your boosted gear for your necro, you do know you can get gear that suits you better dont you? Crafting, buying, dungeons, karma, wvw badges, pvp or wvw reward tracks. These all are places to get different gear.

Nostradus.2187

i care more about the mmo then the rpg
you don`t need to eat pizza when you go to an italian restaurant would be the right thing to compare it to i guess^^

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This was from the last thread I saw which contained a dev response about the issue
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-allow-us-to-skip-cut-scenes/first#post4604049

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

there is so much stuff to do in the game and you are literally doing the thing you dont like (room full of people stares at you )

There is PvP/WvW, you dont like those then there is PvE. Bored of that, you can do dungeons and you can skip those cut scenes. Tired of dungeons you say, you can do raids or fractals.

Well shoot if you dont like any of this then what are you doing? No one is forcing you to do anything, you can find your way around everything in this game. Dont want to do the HOT story to get into VB guess what you dont have too. Join squad walk into LA liondome for raids and simply walk in the raid room and walk out the portal to VB.

People usually like to make suggestions on things but you are the guy who went to disney land but hates children.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Why would anyone eat pizza at an italian restaurant? I’m sorry, but you’re going to a pizzeria and stating you that you find pizza distasteful. Because in this analogy you’re actively seeking the thing you apparently like least about this game, then explaining how you don’t like it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Nostradus.2187

well you all can say what you want,i might overreact a bit as well but at the end its a small thing that could have been fixed but it`s not.

and whatever you prefer to eat and where. it has nothing to do with the fact that most people probalby stoped reading quests texts at the end of vanilla wow,thats why there are also only at most 1 or 2 RP servers in most games.because people simply don`t care as mutch about the full story and don`t want to listen for 2 min to 2 npc`s talking to each other.

and sure there are other things to do and i was writing i did other things in the start until i needed masteries and did the story to finish it, but this does not change the fact that the skip button is not there now and would not be there when the story mode would be the last thing to do in the game for me.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

well you all can say what you want,i might overreact a bit as well but at the end its a small thing that could have been fixed but it`s not.

and whatever you prefer to eat and where. it has nothing to do with the fact that most people probalby stoped reading quests texts at the end of vanilla wow,thats why there are also only at most 1 or 2 RP servers in most games.because people simply don`t care as mutch about the full story and don`t want to listen for 2 min to 2 npc`s talking to each other.

and sure there are other things to do and i was writing i did other things in the start until i needed masteries and did the story to finish it, but this does not change the fact that the skip button is not there now and would not be there when the story mode would be the last thing to do in the game for me.

Here’s the quote from Randulf’s post above, since it seems you didnt read it.

There’s a bigger technical issue—during “in game” scenes, the NPCs are moving around and things are happening (gadgets might be activating, props may be animating, etc.) and if you just skipped all that, it could lead to some really bizarre behavior. Trying to manually set a “failsafe” to teleport the NPCs, fire off effects, etc. to replicate what the world state is if the cutscene plays is extremely tedious and error prone.

That’s why the old style “dialogue cutscenes” (and the fancy but rare full blown cinematic sequences, like the Order movies and racial intros) are skippable, because we aren’t doing anything to the world while the dialogue plays, so skipping it doesn’t have any effect. We’ve moved away from those, because the in-game scenes are a lot more satisfying, but there’s a trade off.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Sorry if it really is that bad for you…to each his own.

I have always been a big fan of the story and lore of GWs.

If you leave, can i have your stuff? lol

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Honest question here,

Why would you choose to play an RPG if you dont care about stories?

It seems like choosing to go to a seafood restaurant when you dont like fish.

It seems like nobody remembers that some people have more than one character.

Nostradus.2187

i wont leave and you cant have my gear sorry.

i read the response with the problems they have and its sad to hear that they can`t or won`t fix this.

so all my questions have been answered,thanks to the helpfull people!

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

i have no problem with story quests, all mmo`s have them and thats fine,
-as long as i don`t have to listen to dialog`s for minuites without the option of skiping them!!!!!
-look stupid cut sceen`s i don`t care about! why is there no option to skip them?
why do you force people to look them ???

These cut scenes are advertisements.

If you watch them over and over and over again,

you are likely to grow to care and to think and prioritize your life around this game.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

which kind of restaurant serves vanilla wow?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I still got dibs on his stuff…:)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I like how he complains about the free level 80 exotic gear set he gets with the boost. It’s not that hard to replace it you know, but at least you get to start with exotic gear.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior dear Sir.
I know this is not quite fair because I am not a native tongue myself and my English may be wonky from time to time, but judging from your overall way to express yourself – including the very thread title – you seem to be very over the edge, you want to burn trough stuff to get fast to Level 80 without any enjoyment.

I can understand to skip the story in certain games. I did so in Final Fantasy 14 because it sucked, but that is mostly because the player is only decoration there that has no meaning and not even a voice actor.

In GuildWars2, I enjoy everything. The story is not as dumb as this “we love all each other so much Hoooray” all political correct games go nowadays (even though we form alliances) and I have choices and also I am a part of it – including a great voice actor for the German male Asura. When a new cutscene comes up I am always happy to listen and to watch the emotes (and stiff ears… Man, A-Net, please fix my ears.. Or is every Asura so excited in the cutscenes that their ears are so tensed?). Oh wait, I am derailing….

You are ramming your head trough a big wall of story content and wonder why your head hurts?

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”