playing without any targeting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Regenerator.7326

Regenerator.7326

have anyone tried this? turning auto targetting off and then just aim your attacks without targeting the enemy. it feels great! almost like an action RPG, all it needs is a free mouse and a crosshair

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Any good player should have their autotarget off, especially elementalist for FGS 4

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Welcome to GW2 Combat Mode.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

I always play with autotargetting off. It is harder with some class, and easy for other (read: Warrior, etc…)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

One could argue that even with targeting, you are partially working without auto targeting because the way auto-target works isn’t ideal to say the least (no offense to ANet, I just wished a team was actively working on improving that part of the game.) There are too many bugs the way it currently works, from target nearest hardly actually doing as much, to not being able to target closest when it’s not in camera view, which is in tune with FPS games but bad for GW2’s gameplay (on GW1, target nearest always meant target nearest, and I am no nostalgia fan.) It simply puts a layer of artificial difficulty (combating the game’s own mechanics) that shouldn’t be there (much like JPs can be made artificially more difficult due to-IMHO flawed-camera views on Charr/Norn close to walls, etc.)