please don't make temporary content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nausiation.1469

Nausiation.1469

I am NOT saying clockwork is bad, it looks pretty good….and I hear it’s fun. However, it can only be enjoyed TEMPORARILY by level 80s. I’m not level 80 so it’s as if anet isn’t even updating the game. I know the invasions will still happen but not a lot after the event is over. Why have 4 teams working on silly events like this that don’t add any REAL content when they could be adding skills, professions, something big that truly adds to the game.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The zone wide invasions will continue on past this update. They’re not going to stop in two weeks. You’ll still be able to experience them.

Posted by: adamaknight.9237

adamaknight.9237

I bet that’s going to be fun for people trying to do their world completion or just level up in a few weeks when the next living story farm-o-matic draws the zergs off the invasions. At random you’ll have a zone turned into an uninhabitable mob-fest.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Do you not know what a Liviing story is? .. Things happens, Things grow, Things “change” – things that are perma, don’t change.
The temp content is awesome.. Keeps things busy, active and ever changing. We should continue temporay content.. But more Perma content would be nice to go nicely along with the temp content.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I bet that’s going to be fun for people trying to do their world completion or just level up in a few weeks when the next living story farm-o-matic draws the zergs off the invasions. At random you’ll have a zone turned into an uninhabitable mob-fest.

It won’t be as often as it is now…and since it’s only in one zone at a time, unless that zone is the very last zone someone needs, they can work on another zone until it’s done.

I don’t see this as a big deal. The very worst case scenario is that they’d have to wait 40 minutes extra for world completion.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Do you not know what a Liviing story is? .. Things happens, Things grow, Things “change” – things that are perma, don’t change.
The temp content is awesome.. Keeps things busy, active and ever changing. We should continue temporay content.. But more Perma content would be nice to go nicely along with the temp content.

Oh I know what the ‘Living Story’ is. It’s temporary content with a ‘story’ that nobody cares about. This idea that this is something new and unique among MMOs is ludicrous. All they are doing is having tons of events. Instead of one a month or so, they have 2 or so a month. It isn’t anything new or amazing.

Other MMOs have actually provided major updates throughout their lifespans that actually moved the story along and changed things in a significant manner. GW2 has yet to do this even once(MAYBE the election will turn out to be significant).

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The LS is pretty terrible but it’s something they’re learning from.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

temporary content with a ‘story’ that nobody cares about.

.. I’d like to know where these people are besides the fourm.. Cos I know loads of people who love the temp content stories atm.
Though yes their calling out for perma things – we all do.. loads of people love this temps story stuff.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Nausiation.1469

Nausiation.1469

The zone wide invasions will continue on past this update. They’re not going to stop in two weeks. You’ll still be able to experience them.

way to not read the post and instantly comment.

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Which is the price we pay for living content.

I mean honestly people, come on. Everyone is clamoring for change and more dynamic content to be added to this game, and then Anet does one event, which frankly just scratches the surface of how game altering dynamic content should be, and we already have someone upset that the zones will not stay static.

I need a drink.

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

I am NOT saying clockwork is bad, it looks pretty good….and I hear it’s fun. However, it can only be enjoyed TEMPORARILY by level 80s. I’m not level 80 so it’s as if anet isn’t even updating the game. I know the invasions will still happen but not a lot after the event is over. Why have 4 teams working on silly events like this that don’t add any REAL content when they could be adding skills, professions, something big that truly adds to the game.

We know that crafting will be increased to 500, hopefully within the next 4 months. There was an interview a short while back, ill try to dig up the link saying that new professions are not in the cards, but additional weapons are in progress or being considered.

But whats the point of new skills/professions/weapons if there is no complementary content? The tools already exist in game for everyone to beat pretty much everything. Why make a new class, or add new skills if they aren’t needed?

New content drives the story forward and provides opportunities to expand on game play and design.

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I mean honestly people, come on. Everyone is clamoring for change and more dynamic content to be added to this game, and then Anet does one event, which frankly just scratches the surface of how game altering dynamic content should be, and we already have someone upset that the zones will not stay static.

I need a drink.

He isn’t complaining that the zone is going to be at risk of changing. He’s complaining that the zone will be at risk to randomly become a massively unplayable area to a player that just happened to be there. I personally don’t think that will happen at all, but that’s what he was complaining about.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I need a drink.

He isn’t complaining that the zone is going to be at risk of changing. He’s complaining that the zone will be at risk to randomly become a massively unplayable area to a player that just happened to be there. I personally don’t think that will happen at all, but that’s what he was complaining about.

And there are a lot of other zones of the same level that are easy to get to if you MUST level in zone at level or higher if not then you can go to countless down level zones and run events there. Stop acting like there only say 5 zones in this game where if one is being used by something out side of the norm that the game is comply closed down.

Sry if i came off as too harsh on you more aimed at the other person what your trying to explane what they are trying to mean.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I need a drink.

And there are a lot of other zones of the same level that are easy to get to if you MUST level in zone at level or higher if not then you can go to countless down level zones and run events there. Stop acting like there only say 5 zones in this game where if one is being used by something out side of the norm that the game is comply closed down.

Sry if i came off as too harsh on you more aimed at the other person what your trying to explane what they are trying to mean.

Can you agree that it’s bad game design if a player is randomly forced to leave where he is at because of a map-wide dynamic event that you absolutely need a massive zerg to complete? There is zero chance that a single player, much less a small organized group of players, or even all of the players that just happen to be in that zone, will be able to complete the events on their own.

There shouldn’t be a time when you’re forced to suddenly drop what you’re doing and go elsewhere because the game decided to throw up a zerg DE.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye