please remove lyssa defending event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

many people (including me) are hunting for world boss items that are needed for tresure hunter collection.
There is one world boss that is making me angry on other players. I think that it is a problem . Players should not be angry on each other (outside of pvp maybe) The point of GW2 is to be happy when other players are around, not to be angry on them. Devs told us that many times.

So what is happening when some people are wating for Lyssa to spawn and there is that event that must fail in order to spawn world boss and some players who may not know about this are doing it?
I know its not their fault, they are just doing what game always told them to do, they doing event to complete it.
And people who are waiting for event to fail so they can do world boss get angry.

I dont think I need to say more? It is an obvious flaw in this meta event design.

Just remove that deff event, let the risen take control of the temple after some time and just go to next phase.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Or buff the defense event up a bit and give it the same reward chance?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Make the same possible rewards for defending or fighting , problem solved.

This effectively give you one more chance to get what you seek.

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Oooooh, now it makes sense. I was wondering why was I the only one defending while others were just standing around and watching me fail. I thought wow, such kittens. I agree, it doesn’t really make sense, just remove the defend event I guess so it can go to world boss every time

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No need to remove defense phase, just add it to the possible rewards for defense.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

No need to remove defense phase, just add it to the possible rewards for defense.

This, why remove something when all the issues can be fixed by adding the needed item to the reward list for the defend event?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Oooooh, now it makes sense. I was wondering why was I the only one defending while others were just standing around and watching me fail. I thought wow, such kittens. I agree, it doesn’t really make sense, just remove the defend event I guess so it can go to world boss every time

Maybe add the High Priestess to the defense event?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’ll go with that. This isn’t the only event in that track affected – Gates of Arah also doesn’t have a defence chest, but there are a lot more spawns for loot bags on defense. Thankfully there’s also Rotbeard himself for that particular item.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

But soloing the event like a boss while a 30 man zerg is screaming obscenities at you is so much fun.

Seriously…it’s fun as hell.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Giving the defense the same reward as completing 3 events and Defeating the Shrines Boss is a terrible idea. Removing the defense event is a much better idea though they would have to remove all defense events from Shirnes (including Arah).

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This. The whole idea that the defence event is less rewarding was ridiculous from the very beginning.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

It should be equally rewarding for assaulting and defending, but equally difficult to do.

Rewarding an event chain and then not rewarding a defense that follows it means people will prefer to avoid doing defending.