please stop this whole living world thing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warlander.1384

Warlander.1384

It seemed like a good idea untill i couldnt play very often, i stoped playing for a few months and want to play again but ive missed so much of the content that came out.

Gives me no reason to play.

The other issue is your sinking development money into content that isnt permament , this game is virtually no different then it was at launch content wise theres been very little change.

I think its a failed and poorly executed system that needs to be removed in favor of real permanent content.

Game started with tons of promise but …..nothing has come of it.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Anet has already said they would focus more on permanent content. Half the content released in the past year will come back each year (mostly the festivals).

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Using the excuse that you havent played for them to stop is very smart BUT this game is in DIRE need of permanent content. Non Zerging afk mindless content to be exact.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Warlander.1384

Anet has already said they would focus more on permanent content. Half the content released in the past year will come back each year (mostly the festivals).

well that does sound promising

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Looked up the post for you:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/So-EVERYTHING-in-this-patch-is-temporary/first#post2561414

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Warlander.1384

Looked up the post for you:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/So-EVERYTHING-in-this-patch-is-temporary/first#post2561414

Interesting but still a little vague, but thanks.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Not stop, but a slow down would be nice, maybe 3 instead of 2 weeks.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is desperately needed. The current Living Story content feels rushed, is bug-ridden, and the “storylines” are just bottom of the barrel. This is sad because Anet can do much better: some of the Dynamic Events (non-living story) actually tell small mini-stories quite well.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It is ironic, you’d think it’s casual content but it hurts casuals the most, and it’s not difficult or interesting enough to be hardcore content.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

So they’re bringing back old content and calling it new? Awesome. I want actual new content for once and not the same recycled content that I’ve gotten every month since launch.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

If you think about the real living world, that real life thing, if you were the most obsessive football fan in the world, you still could not possibly watch every single football game played in the world. Too many leagues, clubs, games. So if anet wants to create a living changing world, you cannot continue to expect that you can experience 100% of the content without missing anything ever. So maybe player expectations need to be tempered.

Or maybe as the OP says, Anet has to re-consider how fast their treadmill is spinning, and whether a lot of us hamsters will get exhausted and fall off.
And how hard it is to get back on.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

It is ironic, you’d think it’s casual content but it hurts casuals the most, and it’s not difficult or interesting enough to be hardcore content.

agreed

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I am in the “Don’t stop it, but slow it down a bit” group.

I like the idea that we have new content, albeit temporary every few weeks, but…there is so much of it that I think a large bloc of us are overwhelmed.

I am not worried that I missed a few LS “chapters.” I didn’t do much of the Flame and Frost, and I didn’t do any of the Southsun Cove, but I got in on a bit of the Aetherblade/Zephyr Sanctum stuff, and I did enjoy it. The current Clockwork Chaos story is a lot of fun for me, even if it is a zerg-fest.

The worst part about the whole thing is that it’s being pushed too fast. Things should be a bit more relaxed. Logging in and knowing that I only have 2 weeks (or 3) to be able to fit all of the achievements and abilities in is frustrating. There’s enough content there to be able to spend a month or two on it. In the end, I wind up hanging around in LA wondering what to do next. By the time I’ve made up my mind, the content is gone, and on to the next.

TL;DR:
Don’t get rid of it. Just slow it down some.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

This is desperately needed. The current Living Story content feels rushed, is bug-ridden, and the “storylines” are just bottom of the barrel.

So that’s rushed, bug-ridden, bottom of the barrel story-lines lasting for 3 weeks instead of 2…like, wow, i really can’t wait for that to happen.

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I really like the living story.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The Living World is really just not as good a concept as they seem to think, and the game is already paying for it by diverting resources away from things that could result in actual growth.

a.) It’s internally inconsistent. Why would the Zhaitan story and launch dungeons be permanent and everything else be temporary, how does that work? A true “living world” style MMO can only exist in a game like EVE which is entirely player ran. PVE focused EQ clones can’t really pull it off as well and might as well not bother trying.

b.) It creates a fragmented and unrealistic “baddie-of-the-month” narrative which ruins immersion and yanks you out of the setting.

c.) The trite, time-sensitive nature of the content makes it easy to feel overwhelmed which is more likely to result in permanent loss of interest and abandonment when compared to more focused, traditional, permanent content additions which results in organic growth of the game world.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

Why would they get rid of it? It is amazing