please stop working on the wardrobe....now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

we dont want account wide dyes……not only do i not want dyes account wide because it ruins the price of dyes BUT i also dont want unidentified dyes to no longer be drops….this is a lose lose for most of us (i say this even tho i have 7 characters)

i LIKE unlocking dyes individually, i like seeing my options for style slowly open up…and i like selling dyes i dont want for MONEY

and account wide legendaries?…….oh god no……

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

we dont want account wide dyes……not only do i not want dyes account wide because it ruins the price of dyes BUT i also dont want unidentified dyes to no longer be drops….this is a lose lose for most of us (i say this even tho i have 7 characters)

i LIKE unlocking dyes individually, i like seeing my options for style slowly open up…and i like selling dyes i dont want for MONEY

Speak for yourself.

I love these changes and desire these changes. This is what I support the gem store for, in hopes that they’ll develop these exact changes.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

this is a lose lose for most of us (i say this even tho i have 7 characters)

Don’t speak for me. I am very happy and excited about the upcoming feature pack! Haven’t felt this way about GW2 since betas.

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

I love all the account unlocks, I think the more the better. Not everyone can sit and play 7 characters all day long.

I personally was going for a legendary for the stat swapping feature not the looks… If anything this makes me more likely to finally be brave enough to skin over it

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

OBJECTION! Who is this “we” you speak of? Could you present evidence proving your claim that the majority oppose the changes?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

WTB a downvote button.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Sorry OP but I think few are with you on this.
I certainly been wanting account dyes since… forever. And being able to use any armor and weapon skin I get anytime I want without losing another, thats just fantastic, I love collecting skins and have so many skins lying around unused and taking up space.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

I am in complete favor of this change, and I have 15 characters. This will make it so much easier to manage their appearance. I honestly think you are in a very small minority here.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Is the ‘we’ perhaps you and your goldfish? Definitely not me.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I dont want account wide dyes …

Fixed for you.

I love all those changes, every single aspect of it.
Now I have a reason to unlock expensive dyes like Celestial and Abyss, I’ll be able to dual wield Frostfang on my ranger and in my Warrior if I so desire, I’ll be able to free TONS of bank space from T1~T2 skins and LS skins that I don’t use but I don’t want to delete.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Woah! Hold your horses there OP and speak for yourself. I absolutely love these changes to skins and dyes…and I’m someone who has unlocked high tier dyes on almost all of my characters.

I still think it’s for the best and am excited for the changes!

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

Sorry, as others have said, I think you’re in a vast minority here.
This is possibly one of the best things ANet could have done to GW2 without actually needing to add any “content”

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I dont want account wide dyes……not only do i not want dyes account wide because it ruins the price of dyes BUT i also dont want unidentified dyes to no longer be drops….this is a lose lose for me (i say this even tho i have 7 characters)

Fixed that for you.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Tabkey.6534

Tabkey.6534

His name is “Duke Nukem” – I think that’s fail enough. I personally am HAPPY for these changes, makes things a lot more simplified, especially with the dyes. Not to mention, Anet will get a surge of sales in the gem store with people getting the dye packs.

Posted by: Calpurnia.9267

Calpurnia.9267

I want account-wide dyes! Please keep continuing to work on it! I’ve bought 8 celestials and 6 abyss dyes, and also multiples of the Flame & Frost dyes just last week for a new alt, and I still support the change. Go aNet!

Calpurnia
Strike Force [SF] : : Jade Quarry

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah, please OP speak for yourself only unless you have specific others you’re including in that “we” there.

I LOVE account bound dyes.
I LOVE the wardrobe
I am over the moon excited about Legendary weapon skin unlocks.

This is the most amazing feature patch and I am amazingly excited that I can’t contain my excitement. I want these features now, I don’t want to wait!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Personal opinions should not start with “we”. Thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Xhax.5306

Xhax.5306

I love the new system. Don’t claim to be a speaker for all when none back you…

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Where is the unpopular opinion puffin when you need him

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

rolls on the floor laughing

Based on just the very few responses to the OP, I’m thinking he might need to invest in some blast panels for protection. You know… like they use on myth busters, haha.

I’m in agreement with others here – you do not speak for me, OP. I very much like the wardrobe and the account bound dyes. Hell, account bound dyes prior to launch was one of the things I was ecstatic about, and then was bummed when they were changed to character bound. I’m right back to being ecstatic again, tyvm.

The lack of account bound dyes along with the lack of account unlocked skins where major factors in why I did not buy the limited edition dyes. Why I have not yet purchased any of the gem store skins. Now I will, which results in a tidy profit for anet that they were otherwise missing out on. I’m 100% positive that I am not the only one that held off on buying some of the gem store items due to these limitations. Now those people, like me, will have more incentive to make those purchases.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

u kidding? thats robably the onlz good patch since the game is released…

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I’ll add my ’don’t speak for me.’ I am certainly not in your ‘we’. I love these changes.

But isn’t it always true that when people don’t like something they try to make it sound as if they are in the majority? Especially on these forums. It always makes me laugh.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Based on just the very few responses to the OP, I’m thinking he might need to invest in some blast panels for protection. You know… like they use on myth busters, haha.

I’m in agreement with others here – you do not speak for me, OP. I very much like the wardrobe and the account bound dyes. Hell, account bound dyes prior to launch was one of the things I was ecstatic about, and then was bummed when they were changed to character bound. I’m right back to being ecstatic again, tyvm.

The lack of account bound dyes along with the lack of account unlocked skins where major factors in why I did not buy the limited edition dyes. Why I have not yet purchased any of the gem store skins. Now I will, which results in a tidy profit for anet that they were otherwise missing out on. I’m 100% positive that I am not the only one that held off on buying some of the gem store items due to these limitations. Now those people, like me, will have more incentive to make those purchases.

Not to mention that this will give them more incentive to design more armors, more weapons, and everything else cosmetic so we can buy them. I’m thinking, a new set every other week? (Think of all those jobs they’re creating for artists!)

Disclaimer: this is my opinion, my speculation, and my thoughts do not necessarily represent others’.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I’m also very happy with the change even though I do sell unidentified dyes and wish they hadn’t nerfed the drops, but oh well, it’s a QOL improvement and maybe the first step towards a true locker system for our armors and weapons down the road, I really see nothing negative in the feature patch including the traits which I feel is much needed.

It just goes to prove the old adage that you can’t please everyone all the time.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

Exactly. For the first time since Anet introduced dye pack/special dyes, I found myself considering buying them. EVEN THOUGH they’re still RNG and I’m not happy about that (mainly because my luck is extremely kittenty and I never got anything worthy out of RNG stuff yet).

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

“After decades of research, we’re pleased to announce we’ve CURED CANCER!”

“You kittens! I like cancer!”

There’s always one…

Lilith Ajit.6173

Exactly. For the first time since Anet introduced dye pack/special dyes, I found myself considering buying them. EVEN THOUGH they’re still RNG and I’m not happy about that (mainly because my luck is extremely kittenty and I never got anything worthy out of RNG stuff yet).

These dye packs have abyss in them. They’re worth buying, to me. I made a couple hundred gold last night. >.>

[ARES]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

10/10 for sure.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Duke Nukem.6783

you will all change your tune in a few months when dyes are a few copper each legendaries r common place and everyone has every skin you worked for…..all i hear from most of u is greed greed greed

Posted by: PvM Chaos.5984

PvM Chaos.5984

You speak for everyone now do you? Stop being such an entitled brat and maybe take some notice that ALOT of people have been asking for this for ages.

Lilith Ajit.6173

you will all change your tune in a few months when dyes are a few copper each legendaries r common place and everyone has every skin you worked for…..all i hear from most of u is greed greed greed

Says the person who wants to sell all of their dyes and such. Lol

[ARES]

Vystirch.3418

Actually all I heard in your original post was greed.

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Not to mention that this will give them more incentive to design more armors, more weapons, and everything else cosmetic so we can buy them. I’m thinking, a new set every other week? (Think of all those jobs they’re creating for artists!)

Disclaimer: this is my opinion, my speculation, and my thoughts do not necessarily represent others’.

I don’t mind gem store armor and weapon skins, but I think they need to balance it out. 1 new set in the game itself for acquisition to 1 purchasable set in the gem store. Maybe a 1:2 ratio even. There are going to be those that desire to do stuff in the game, other than farm gold to convert, to obtain unique looks. Hell, make 6 new JPs (not easy ones either), at the end of each is 1 piece (guaranteed) to a new set. Or something like that. They could really have some fun with acquisition if they wanted to.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Legendaries aren’t already commonplace?

Did I miss the post where they said legendaries will be easier to obtain? Because any logical person would realize that only people who already have legendaries will be able to use the skins on their alts, and unless you can suddenly log into multiple characters at once, there will be no increase in the amount of characters with legendaries or their skins in game at any one time. It will be exactly the same.

Duke Nukem, you bring shame to your namesake.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Hey look! The community agrees on something!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Account bound wardrobe and dyes are super awesome. Keep up the good work, ArenaNet!

Lilith Ajit.6173

[ARES]

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I don’t mind gem store armor and weapon skins, but I think they need to balance it out. 1 new set in the game itself for acquisition to 1 purchasable set in the gem store. Maybe a 1:2 ratio even. There are going to be those that desire to do stuff in the game, other than farm gold to convert, to obtain unique looks. Hell, make 6 new JPs (not easy ones either), at the end of each is 1 piece (guaranteed) to a new set. Or something like that. They could really have some fun with acquisition if they wanted to.

Love that idea of acquisition… it would be nice to see something like that happen in the future.

Anyways, same here, love the changes so far.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Vystirch.3418

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Actually I don’t care. There is no way of telling how prices will fluctuate, time will tell and if they do go down that much, people will find other things to make money on.
And everything will eventually be more commonplace one way or the other. So nope… don’t care.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

snorts in a very un-lady-like fashion

So you think. Considering the entire tune of your original post was “omg! I’m losing money! I can’t sell my dyes for anything worthwhile anymore!” I hardly see the rest of us as being the greedy ones.

With the dye drops being reducing, dye should actually go up in price. Additionally, people that hadn’t purchased the super rare dyes like the Flame and Frost set will be more inclined to do so now that it’ll be usable for their entire account. These costs are going to climb because demand will increase while supply cannot. As someone who sells dye, this should make you rather happy.

As for legendaries… oh whatever. People just credit card them anyway (not all, but many), which drastically reduces their meaning to begin with. That issue and it’s ship has already sailed. As Wooden Potatoes points out in his latest youtube, this actually gives people more incentive to obtain one now.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Seriously, the only “flaws” I see to the new system is it may break the ego of some players, but feature-wise it is amazing.

Attachments:

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The interesting thing about all this is the total lack of evolution this game has had since launch has diluted most of the player bases brains into thinking this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Also, And keep in mind I am not against this at all – it’s another cash sink for the player base.

As long as Anet has a lot more "features’ and “content” coming VERY soon I will support the cash cow that this is.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Duke Nukem.6783

I certainly been wanting account dyes since… forever. And being able to use any armor and weapon skin I get anytime I want without losing another, thats just fantastic, I love collecting skins and have so many skins lying around unused and taking up space.

i too enjoy that i can swap skins more often now…instead of being stuck holding onto the rare ones i got from LS….i didnt complain about that

but cmon man just buy the dyes again or better yet wait till u get them as drops….getting a unid dye was exciting for me…..now thats going away

and account wide legendarys, i dont own (nor do i want to own) a legendary but i see this as a huge insult to them nonetheless, people worked hard for those and they arnt supposed to be some flighty thing.

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

Wait, hold on. You expect me to be upset when dyes are cheap and acquiring more of them is less expensive to me? What kind of bizzaro land are you living in, dude? My guess would be a land where selling dyes on the TP is your sole source of income. If so, time to change with the times!

Think about what you’re saying here. You’re complaining about having more options available to you.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Say what you will, but what he says about legendaries is partially true.. The will quite probably start dropping in price.
But from what I’ve read between the lines I think ANet will reduce the amount of precursor drops (maybe even remove them from the mystic toilet ? long shot tho considering it’s quite a nice gold sink) and introduce the legendary hunt thigamajig. I think the reason they postponed that system again is because of the account binding. So it’s still a win/win.. of course, if my unfounded speculations have any truth to them. ^^

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This may be the first time in the history of the internet that this has happened…

Vystirch.3418

i too enjoy that i can swap skins more often now…instead of being stuck holding onto the rare ones i got from LS….i didnt complain about that

but cmon man just buy the dyes again or better yet wait till u get them as drops….getting a unid dye was exciting for me…..now thats going away

and account wide legendarys, i dont own (nor do i want to own) a legendary but i see this as a huge insult to them nonetheless, people worked hard for those and they arnt supposed to be some flighty thing.

They arnt, the stats are changeable. I am in fact now going to skin my legendaries. I make legendaries for the stat changing not the skin…

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Folks, stop feeding the troll!

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator