precursor from collection?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Q:

hi folks,

In a reddit thread we currently discuss a german preview of the collections where you can find the reward chest for the ascended armor collection. It says:

“contains a choice of a unique exotic weapon” (accountbound)

Could someone from the devs maybe confirm if this is the way to get 1 precursor?
You can find our thread here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2ft65n/collections_reward_the_exotic_weapon_of_your/

also a pic of the reward chest (in german) in the attachment

Attachments:

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I would assume that a precusor is possible with such a chest, but would have the same drop rate as any other chest or loot drop. So I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting one.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I would assume that a precusor is possible with such a chest, but would have the same drop rate as any other chest or loot drop. So I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting one.

it seems as there is no rng involved though, read again: “choice”

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

pdavis.8031

aaah gotcha. I would say no then.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

They will implement this for the first Ach. box you get at 500 points. Sorry, but it’s not retroactive. Just buy a new account! :P

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This was proven false in another thread. It’s just a reskin of an existing skin.

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Ofcourse you can select a precursor. Otherwise that’d be a 2g reward for completing a freaking ascended item collection.

Ayrilana.1396

Ofcourse you can select a precursor. Otherwise that’d be a 2g reward for completing a freaking ascended item collection.

Do you get gold for completing legendary weapon achievements?

pdavis.8031

No. No you do not. For 1 legendary weapon, its just 5 AP. I think 2 is 10 AP, but not sure.

recognize my command!”

Ayrilana.1396

No. No you do not. For 1 legendary weapon, its just 5 AP. I think 2 is 10 AP, but not sure.

Yeah. That’s pretty much what I was getting at. I dont see why these achievements have to provide a monetary value just because one wants you to have all three ascended sets.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

This was proven false in another thread. It’s just a reskin of an existing skin.

wrong, the guy in the video just found a new weapon skin in the wardrobe and said that it could be that skin for the diskussed reward-chest. Pure speculation.

Ayrilana.1396

wrong, the guy in the video just found a new weapon skin in the wardrobe and said that it could be that skin for the diskussed reward-chest. Pure speculation.

Even so, it’s also pure speculation to assume that you’d get a precursor from that collection.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it’s also pure speculation to assume that you’d get a precursor from that collection.

isn’t a precursor a unique exotic weapon?

Ayrilana.1396

it’s also pure speculation to assume that you’d get a precursor from that collection.

isn’t a precursor a unique exotic weapon?

It’s speculation to assume they will be among the choices. There’s really no difference between speculating that precursors will be selectable vs re-skinned exotics (which you shot down on the basis of being speculation).

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well that sucks… I have all light armor characters… I have 18 pieces of light ascended armor… which costs almost 400g more than getting light medium and heavy armor….

does this mean even though I spent nearly 2000g on ascended armor I won’t be able to get this achievement? That would be game breaking for me…