question about new wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

I am just starting again after a loooong hiatus.
One thing I am curious about with the wardrobe, if I apply a skin, and then equip a new item do i have to reequip the skin(thus using another charge) or does that skin stay no matter what till I change it.
basically at low levels should I even bother using transmutation charges?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

the skin stick to the item you reskin so if you change item you get that item skin and have to reskin again.

Edit
And thats why alot of people use outfits to level then at max level reskin stuff.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Each time you equip a new item, you have to use a charge to change its skin to the one you want. The skin you apply stays on the item.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Think of skinning as taking an item to a craftsman to alter it’s look. You can’t just take that off and move it to another object.

And yes that’s why outfits are popular while leveling. Here is a coherent look that’s sticky as you constantly swap out armor pieces with drops you get until you are 80.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

ah good to know about outfits….dont suppose that works with weapons? XD

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

ah good to know about outfits….dont suppose that works with weapons? XD

No, but the hall of monuments and the skins earned from achievement points have unlimited free use. So I use those when leveling. Also, if you like the toy skins from Christmas, they are very cheap to buy on the TP.