question about precursor weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Q:

Does combining exotics have more chance of spawning the precursor than the rares at MF? Or is it all same

Kimditcher

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Does combining exotics have more chance of spawning the precursor than the rares at MF? Or is it all same

Yes, using exotics has a much higher chance.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Combining rares has a chance for an exotic that might be a precursor.

Combining Exotics will get an exotic that might be a precursor.

Make sure you are using the right level of weapon as well. I can’t recall the math but the average level of the 4 items you put in has to be above something like 77.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: ntx.2976

ntx.2976

iirc its something like 20% chance for rares to roll into an exotic.
Whenever an exotic is rolled whether its by 4 rares or 4 exotics theres a 0.03 to 0.05% chance for it to be a precursor.

SBI

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

As Neural said:
If you use rares, you have to get lucky twice: a) to get an exotic out of it (~20%) and b) get a precursor as an exotic.
For exotics, a) is no problem because you get always (100%) exotics – so the chance on a precursor is 5 times higher if you use exotics.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

When combining rares, you must proc both the 20% upgrade chance AND the 0.5-1% precursor chance, while using exotics allows you to skip the 20% upgrade chance, so naturally using exotics yields a higher precursor return rate.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wonder if combining the named exotic that shares the same skin as a precursor will give you an even higher chance that you might get a precursor.