1 will we be able to buy it with gems in blt
2 if yes how much gems will it cost ?

ty : )

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

questions about future expansion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I’m just going to take a guess. I don’t really know, but I don’t see why a retail expansion would be available for purchase with gems. There already is no monthly fee. Laying out $60 now and then for the game is well worth the entertainment value you get in return.

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

will we even have to buy it or will it be a free expansion like the lost shores?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Everything anyone says now will only be speculation… and it will probably take a year before an expansion comes out anyway. So it’s kind of pointless to ask at this point.

(edited by Moderator)

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Everything anyone says now will only be speculation… and it will probably take a year before an expansion comes out anyway. So it’s kind of pointless to ask at this point.

(edited by Moderator)

Meowwilson.5106

lol. they have said expansion coming for January and February and they said free.. just hope all is as it says. Personally I have never spent an extra dollar on any other MMO… but GW2 is so fun i don’t think i would mind paying… 20 dollars for a expansion maybe..

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Lost Shores wasn’t an expansion, just an event. Starting in February and through March, there is supposed to be ’an Expansion worth" of updates to the game.

http://www.gamefront.com/guild-wars-2-receiving-an-expansions-worth-of-updates-in-febmarch/

Originally it was supposed to be Jan/Feb:
http://gamingbolt.com/guild-wars-2-interview-we-talk-to-areanet-about-how-the-mmorpg-has-been-doing-post-launch

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Meowwilson.5106

yeah, thats the stuff i was looking for. thanks Kyosji

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Tosha, stop spamming the thread. Yes ANet hasn’t talked about a release date of an expansion, but they HAVE told the public about future updates that equal up to what an expansion would hold.

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha, stop spamming the thread. Yes ANet hasn’t talked about a release date of an expansion, but they HAVE told the public about future updates that equal up to what an expansion would hold.

My apologies for the multiple posts, I wasnt even aware my post showed more than once. Recieved a PM from a moderator who said it was a forum error.

Anyhow, the info about the “future update” was for this months update. This months – not 8 months away. And they did not say anything specific as far as I know, only that we don’t get new areas or races…

My point still stands, you won’t get an answer at this point in time. Try again in a few (7/8?) months.

Meowwilson.5106

there has already been a lot of updates i would say. i am impressed by the events they have done already for such a newly released mmo, so much stuff so fast is hard for people to keep up with.. they are really doin good out there. The fact that they have plans and are working on them is good enough for me.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

There will most certainly be paid expansions in the future. But the “when” and “how much will it cost” (either gem or IRL currency) questions are not known and anyone who isn’t ArenaNet that claims to know is just speculating.

(Speaking speculation, a Korean securities firm is speculating we’ll see the first paid expansion drop in late 2013 source)

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Drapar.1589

Drapar.1589

in the interview they said they would have paid expaision packs.

Like in guild wars 1.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

There WILL be payed expansions, just throwing that out there.

And even if you could buy them with gems without using cash, it would take what… a trillion gold by then? The ratio is already insane so… you’re far better off just spending the cash on it.

Expansions are usually 30-40 dollars in my experience

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

my idea is to buy 4000 gems and be ready if it is 4000 gems :/
like there is an option to upgrade to deluxe for 2000

and the gems are getting cheaper that is why we had this promotions

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Im sorry but are there those here seriously thinking theyll allow you to buy a full expansion with gems? For a start, there are people playing with 1000s of gold from farming in one way or another. Can you see them actually rewarding these players with a free expansion pack? Its these players, those that spend time playing the game, that they want to spend money. Secondly. can you think what would happen to the market with a sudden exodus of gold from the game? All hell would break loose!

Expect to pay real money for an expansion.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Meowwilson.5106

well, to think about it, you can but the digital deluxe edition from the store for 2000 gems.. you don’t get any super content update though.. Perhaps they may eventually sell the expansion for gems?