rangers and botting

rangers and botting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ysanne.9734

Ysanne.9734

this topic been ongoing since gw2 went live. Im a ranger that uses a brown bear; I sometimes use this toon as farming and WvW. Anytime i get a whisper from another player they are seeing if Im a bot or not. To me its ok ill whisper you right back to comfirm Im not a botter. To any new player that goes with ranger class if a person whispers you respond back to them; this will save you alot of issues by not getting banned and dealing with Anet support to get your account unbanned. To any player that doesnt know if a ranger is a bot or not; whisper them first instead of just assuming every ranger is a bot and automatically report them as bots cause they are rangers. Rangers are a great class to play; to bad these coachroaches-gold sellers uses rangers as botters.

rangers and botting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Your a ranger with a brown bear? So bots post in forums now too!

rangers and botting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

People confuse you for a bot? Sure they arent bots that send automatic whispers?
Last time I checked it was incredibly easy to spot a bot. It move on rails (with any number of characters following on the same exact path) or teleport instantly to the node, farm and is gone. Its impossible to mistake a single character farming normally for this.

rangers and botting

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I think gone are the days where bots are running around in groups as rangers with bears. But yea, that somehow gave a bad reputation to rangers.

I hardly see any bots now. Mainly due to the teleport hax these bots have ingeniously come up with to avoid being reported.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

rangers and botting

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

yeah, I must admit, because I played since pre-release, whenever I see a ranger witha bear the first thing I think is “bot!”. But tbh I haven’t seen a bot in months. They did a really good job of getting rid of them ( to my dismay) minus perhaps the teleport botters, of which I haven’t seen any, again, for months.
GJ anet on bots, but since I’m a buyer on the trading post this sucks lol

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

rangers and botting

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

“Your a ranger with a brown bear? So bots post in forums now too!”

Thats too funny…

I have a ranger that sometimes uses a brown bear, but I’m pretty sure no one has taken me for a bot.

Bots are pretty easy to spot. Thet stay in one area and there is usually more then one.

rangers and botting

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I saw a single bot since launch. Rezzed him. He immediatly started shooting stuff. Told him I’d report him in 5
and reported him.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

rangers and botting

Posted by: relayinabox.4219

relayinabox.4219

I run into this sometimes when my Ranger is gathering in Orr (she uses, you guessed it, a bear!). It’s funny, but also really weird to have people randomly asking me if I’m a bot, just because I went over to mine a node on my way by it. lol.

of the Tarnished Coast