re China

re China

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

So I was wondering how the game has been received in China?

The devs are extremely quiet/ non existent, on here so is there major probs with the China release that they are devoting all their time to, or have things gone smoothly?

re China

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

not really, the official pvp tournament with 10000 chinese dollar.
i got 4th place with my team there, 1 month later still no clue where our rewards are.
and now that company try to pretend like it never happened.

re China

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Seems to be going OK. If you use chrome or google translate you can check out their site here.

http://gw2.kongzhong.com/announce/

It looks as if they get our patches 3 days later. But interestingly they have different Gem Store specials. I think they just got offered the Grenth Hood and Kites. Google translate is sometimes to literal with icongraphic languages like Chinese.

Edit: Just found out their cash gem price is 25 gems per yuan. Roughly 155 gems per $1 Vs our 80.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

re China

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

But for this you have to pay with gems for more stuff than we do, to identify color for example. Also salarys in China are different than ours in the western countries. Normal for us are paychecks between 1200-4000 Euros for a normal person, depending of what kind of job you have and how long you work. In China its 1000-6000 Yuan for a normal person or about 120-750 Euros.

re China

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Oh I know that. I assume they are priced appropriately relative to other game’s cash shops.

And they have 10, 30, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000 yuan options. The 5000 yuan option is 125,000 gems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

re China

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

not really, the official pvp tournament with 10000 chinese dollar.
i got 4th place with my team there, 1 month later still no clue where our rewards are.
and now that company try to pretend like it never happened.

I’m curious to hear more about this! Got any more info? Did 1st-3rd get their rewards? Is esport (lol) taking off there?

Anyway, so I guess this is similar to the WvW season 2 rewards, except there’s not enough “whiners” to get them to do something?

(edited by BlueZone.4236)

re China

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Normal for us are paychecks between 1200-4000 Euros for a normal person, depending of what kind of job you have and how long you work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

re China

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Normal for us are paychecks between 1200-4000 Euros for a normal person, depending of what kind of job you have and how long you work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

That information is not correct or is very outdated (or is an illusion created by some political mesmerizing to trick the population) For example, I live in Spain, and the current base salary for the majority of the population is about 1000 euros or less.

(edited by Lukhas.1962)

re China

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

“The salary distribution is right-skewed, therefore more people earn less than the average gross salary.” So, yes. You are correct. Current salary for the majority of the population is less then what is taken as a average wage.
Date for Spain is may, 2013.

Point is, most of us don’t have wages between 1200 – 4000 euros.

re China

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i looked around and did you know that when they buy 750 gems they only have to pay for about €3,57…talk about making it cheap for china.

http://themoneyconverter.com/EUR/CNY.aspx

re China

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Currently GW2 China is doing well: WvW Cup during World Cup in Brasil; “bet the World Cup winner” game; weekly sPvP tournaments; certain PvE campaigns with special prizes to win.

Title system is very well received. Still approx 25-30% of the players have it active. Approx 50% reached 1st to 2nd tier of the 2nd rank.

There are many special offers currently running : CDKeys + extra gems or CDKeys + 30 days title system.