redundant/"worthless" items and MF/salvage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

Doing events, opening chests, using BL keys, etc..all based on range ends in an oversupply of certain items that may be u dont want but since they are bounded they are unsellable, even you can not neither salvage them nor throw them at Mystic Forge means you have to waste lot of space or just sell them to a npc if possible (a pitiful waste)
In certain occasion wisely you guys created specific recipes (mystic tonics+booster) to solve redundant items dropped why not adding more?
Of course i know this is not;a high priority and it shouldnt be, but will be nice if eventually we could see some use to these type of items

Examples and suggestions:

Certain minis like Risen Priest of BalthazarSpent like 3 Million Karma and sadly i didnt get any tonic (yeah RNG is RNg no drama, i assumed it) but i got ton of these minis…i can not sell, gift nor MF them…why??? what to do with them.
Minis from Toyapocalypse (made 2 of same toy accidentally) neither, i wonder why too…

;Ascended Rings
What can i say? i think that everyone got huge amount of useless rings not. Why not salvage them? they could provide same or little higher ecto ratio as exotics or if you worried about more gold created they could provide ascended vials/globs/shards

;Ascended weapons
I personally dont like them and since they are not skins i wont waste transmutation stones on them, why can not i salvage them? or MF them to get one i like

Old tonics
Those tonics stacked separately depending on the animal before you change them into mystic tonics, why can not put 4 in the forge and get a stack of 3 Mystic tonics?
I guess these days almost now one keep these old tonics but i do..they occupy lot of space

Rare Back armor
they are 80, rares..but worth only 1 Silver since you can not salvage them..eeer why? only equipment u can not salvage nor MF

even some items from BL chest like 1 use merchants, repairers etc would be nice if were able to be thrown in MF for a low chance of getting a permanent one

I dont know what people think, may be i am alone praying in the desert and i am the only one who concern about these issues but i hope we are much more so we can get some attention on it

and i repeat, this is not a priority, there are lot of important things to fix and implement but may be some day..who knows..

What do you think people?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, I don’t get the deal with ascended rings. People who don’t want to do fractals can’t even buy it from people that do, and have to pay 35 laurels for something that has less effect than the 30 laurel amulet.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yep agreed these new directions in gear are wrong on many levels, i’m sure anet has a reason i for the life of me cannot understand it..

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

This and new recipes to get rid of excess of certain mats (hellloooo silk and hard leather..)would be great