refugee's beet soup TP issue

refugee's beet soup TP issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

Hello,

when i am not doing pve content with my guild, i make cooking consumables to sell on the tp. every once in a while i will craft a recipe that is making me tons of profits. recently i decided to make bowls of refugee beet soup, and sell them for around 60% profit. everything was going great yesterday, and i put up my soups last night.

the next day i look at my TP listings, and i had not yet sold a single one. this is not unusual as you can get undercut pretty quickly. so i look at the people that undercut me, and i notice i can buy them all out, put my items back as the first to be sold, and resell the items i bought to do this for the exact same price as my own and make a very small profit.

so i buy all of those, and then i notice something.

one listing for 36s00c.

i thought i miscalculated and bought that one remaining one. i did. its still there.

i buy it again, and it is still there.

i did this 5 times (keep in mind, there was only 1 listed at 36s00c every time i did this).

a couple hours later i check, and it is STILL there. i try to buy it, it appears in my TP pickup window, just like before, but there is still 1 item listed for 36s00c of refugee’s beet soup that for some reason does not want to disappear even after it has been bought ~8ish times now.

is this a bug? am i losing my mind and seeing numbers where there are none? did anet put a max price on an item so if it gets more expensive then the max price the automatically add them to the TP out of thin air? is someone putting up sell listings for beet soup so fast and 1 at a time for some reason?

i then asked a guild member of mine to buy that one listed for 36s00c to see what would happen, and it disappeared like it should..

now i noticed similar issues for other consumables before, though i didn’t think much of it until today

thoughts? similar experiences?