remember Orr events chain ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

so it was bad to have chain events in Orr and you nerf it but now is ok in dry top ?
or you do not care anymore Orr is dead and forgotten now we have dry top

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

What do you mean by dead? I’ve been playing in Orr the last couple of days and I see a lot of people.

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What do you mean by dead? I’ve been playing in Orr the last couple of days and I see a lot of people.

Now if only they’d raise the mat drops in Orr, we could see a return of the glorious Orr train of yore. Oh I miss those days, where you could run into Orr, ask for help, and get 4 or more players willing to help you get where you needed to go, temples constantly being taken over, and a general feeling of kindness from the playerbase. They didn’t even care if you tried to take out an event before the train got there, it just led to a new event on the train and it just rolled on and on…it was the ONLY train man, the ONLY train.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

a net roll the nerf train in orr i hope not to see dry top nerfed
witch they will if it become to popular

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

With megaserver, there are entirely too many players in CS for me as it is. And yes, there is a train in CS.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

They propably nerf Dry Top, once the whole chapter is complete and the zephyrites gather up and leave.

Read the update notes, noticed that ANet nerfed the dust mite threat event, so that the spawned mites are less likely to drop valuable stuff.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Uuuhhhhh… I was in Cursed Shore this morning for maybe a half hour. I killed the champ archmage, defended Shelter camp and took over the temple of Melandru with about 100 other people. Came out with 9 rares, 5 champ boxes and some T5/T6 materials. Orr is not as dead as you think.

I enjoy Orr WAY more than Drytop. I had to do Drytop for about 4 days straight to get enough geodes and a T4 level to get the recipe for one ambrite weapon. My eyes were bleeding and I hated the game after that. Not going back until I have to shudders.

See you in Cursed Shore

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

The entire point of Dry Top right now is for players to work together to do as many events as possible in a time frame. Its more anti-zerging, which is good for the game and game population. It isn’t even comparable to Orr where about half the events involve defeating waves of enemies that people like to farm for drops. I hope you’re not referring to that horrible ember farm nonsense that needed to be nerfed.

On a side note I do miss the event chains in Straits, that zone could use some life breathed back into it.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Was just in Orr a few days ago (Orrian Killer) and it seemed lively enough to me.

I see claims on these forums that certain zones are “dead” but I have yet to enter any zones that are not very highly populated even at 5AM US time. I have no idea where these “GW2 is dead!” whiners are playing.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Drok Kindleshot.1496

Drok Kindleshot.1496

last time I logged in ORR was completely dead only NPCs around
you cant even launch a meta event to get areas to open because
there isnt enough people around not a very good concept by anet

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

There’s lots of people in orr, at least on the NA megaserver. Maybe its different in EU, but there’s always things going on in orr when I go.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

People were calling Champions and events tonight in Malchor’s. Malchor’s was dead as a doornail for a long time.