reportable for kicking at end of run?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malacath.9513

Malacath.9513

As you can guess I was kicked from party for no good reason at the last boss. The only thing I could think that offend them was I voted to kick a player that was afk with no warning for a whole boss fight. It might have been a bunch of S.J.W. defending there maidens honor in hopes of getting some later, for there was the word “girl” in the name. but is it worth reporting? By the way all the chat logs say is at the end I said "wtf that’s messed up why did you kick me? …..

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

You can be justly reported for kicking (and possibly voting to kick) somebody from a dungeon path (at the end) as it is considered griefing.

Unless you do this very regularly, I doubt that you will be punished for it. Most infractions go unpunished unless the single infraction is severe or if the player is a repeat offender.

However, if there was another factor involved (e.g. verbal abuse, scamming) then it could be a bit more serious.

When it comes down to it, us forum posters don’t have an exact log of the events and how they played out. We don’t know if your version of the truth is whole, or if it hasn’t been distorted. A-net, on the other hand, have access to this.

I would always recommend re-reading the rules thoroughly if you’re not sure what constitutes as an infraction or not. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It might have been a bunch of S.J.W. defending there maidens honor

If you were speaking with this kind of attitude before you decided to vote to kick, plus if you just voted to kick without asking the rest of the team first, then I’m afraid I don’t blame them.

I’m not sure how you can report them if you were being nice, but if you’re voting without warning, you can’t honestly complain about someone going AFK without warning either. They could have had a phone call or someone at the door for all you knew.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Real life happens and sometimes you have to go afk.

My policy is this – if we can complete the dungeon with just the 4 of us, I don’t see it necessary to kick the afk person. If on the other hand we’ve waited a reasonable amount of time and are having difficulties I ASK the other players if we should find a new 5th.

That afk person might have been their friend or something who knows. So it’s always good to ask if everyone is agreed to kick an afk person.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

I am wary of doing dungeon / fractal runs with a party nearly full of a single random guild.* It never hurts to be up front if you find yourself in one and just ask, ‘hey guys, will I be kicked at last boss?’. That way your making an informal verbal agreement that can be seen in chat, if you want to take it further (tbh iv found it a very, very rare occurrence to be kicked).

*Nothing against outside guild runs, they can be a blast, but they can vary as much as a pug runs can on occasion!

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

I agree with other comments on the case.

You tried to kick AFK guy without even asking about what could have happened with him and probably got kicked by his friends in response. I would also consider such friend kick request offending. Plus it sounded like you didn’t have any issues killing the boss anyway.

Be polite and reasonable and you won’t have any problems in any kind of runs unless party members being impolite or unreasonable, which is a different story and doesn’t seem to be the case in this “story”.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

And like noted above as well – you might want to avoid guild runs or least ask/notify them that you don’t really want be kicked at the end so if that case is possible they might replace you right away.

I have had experience of being kicked once from a guild fractal run at the end, but this was generaly an LFG abuse – they said they had to take a guildmate in but instead they tried to sell the run. This was one run in like a thousand, so it is almost never the case but it doesn’t hurt to ensure your run safety.

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

Anet needs to set conditions on this.
Example:
1. Players can be vote kicked when he is afk for 5mins
2. Players can be vote kicked anytime when they are offline
3. Active players can only be kicked before they cleared 50% of the dungeon

The reason I never go to bigger dungeons like arah