reporting exploits

reporting exploits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Hi, last time I tried reporting an exploit on the forums I was infracted and told I should send reports of exploits to exploits@arena.net. I tried sending a mail to that address and got a permanent delivery failure error. Is this not the correct email address? If so please let me know what the correct one is.

reporting exploits

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

when in doubt (or cant message via forum private messages an anet staffer), email it to community@arena.net and at the least someone will be able to forward it. The reason you got infracted was because you posted an exploit on the open forums, which is a blatant DO NOT DO action as listed in the ToS. (frankly you’re lucky your account even stayed open, as exploit advertisement is one of the few things that sits under the list of “things anet can, will, and probably have fun in the process of, nuke your account with the malice of dhuum for”)

reporting exploits

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It’s possible that you’re experiencing a similar problem that popped up about a year ago, but ANet is actually receiving your report due to how the system is set up. There’s also an in-game function to report bugs which has a little tickbox for “Exploitable Issue” and the ability to take a screenshot too.

reporting exploits

Posted by: Afton.1326

Afton.1326

I’m also curious about this. I used that address to report an exploit about ten days ago and did not receive a response. I don’t expect a personal reponse on the matter but some sort of auto-comfirmation or something would be nice to get – to indicate that it was received. That is, if it still is the right address.

reporting exploits

eyestrain.3056

It’s possible that you’re experiencing a similar problem that popped up about a year ago, but ANet is actually receiving your report due to how the system is set up. There’s also an in-game function to report bugs which has a little tickbox for “Exploitable Issue” and the ability to take a screenshot too.

Thanks for linking to this post. I’d really like to know if it’s the same kind of error and the message was received or if there is a different address now.

reporting exploits

eyestrain.3056

I’m also curious about this. I used that address to report an exploit about ten days ago and did not receive a response. I don’t expect a personal reponse on the matter but some sort of auto-comfirmation or something would be nice to get – to indicate that it was received. That is, if it still is the right address.

oh glad to hear i’m not the only one who used this address