request for poly-luminescent.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

I’m probably a bit late to the party for this but I recently received Oontz’s necklace of the ghoul and had previously bought poly-luminescent undulating refractor (orange).
The colour change looks great imo but the problem I have with it is that I have to sacrifice offensive stats in order to obtain a cosmetic look (viper to celestial or berserker to celestial).
For this reason I’m having a ‘little’ request to slightly change the items mentioned above.

• Turn the poly-luminescent undulating refractors into Enrichments to socket into amulets (would gradly sacrifice 20% mf or 15% karma for this myself)
  • Turn the poly-luminescent undulating refractors into an unique equip infusion.
  • Turn the exotic amulets into ascended amulets with selectable stats (1 time only) and make the amulet itself give of the glow (just like how the batwing shoulders is the bat-aura itself)

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

While the suggestions are very welcome, I don’t think it’s that huge of a deal sacrificing like 0.02% dps for cosmetic reasons. But hey, maybe that’s just me

Setz.9675

Except that it’s more likely to be a 2-3% dps loss.
For example: berserker —> celestial in dmg stats it’s -91 power, -40 precision, -40 ferocity.
That’s a pretty big deal.

Just realised I can put the poly-luminescent undulating refractor into an earring which makes the stat loss less than it would be for an amulet.
The problem with this however is that I lose an agony infusion for my necro with this for fotm and a power infusion for my thief in wvw.

(edited by Setz.9675)

Nordom.3485

an ascended berserker backpack has 63 power,40 precision,40 ferocity, an exotic berserker backpack with celestial upgrade has 42 power, 33 precision, 33 ferocity so it’s -20 power,-7 precision,-7 ferocity. I think the overall dps loss could be a whopping 1%

Setz.9675

an ascended berserker backpack has 63 power,40 precision,40 ferocity, an exotic berserker backpack with celestial upgrade has 42 power, 33 precision, 33 ferocity so it’s -20 power,-7 precision,-7 ferocity. I think the overall dps loss could be a whopping 1%

You are correct, didn’t think of using the backpiece for storing the poly-luminescent because the gw2 wiki didn’t list it as a trinket. Too bad I’ll lose 2 infusions but i’ll simply unequip the exotic backpiece in fotm.

But regardless of all this though, it wouldn’t be bad to have an adjustment to the halloween items. Feels a bit backwards having to swap ascended gear to exotic for an aura. Especially due to how rare the infusions are.

Nordom.3485

But regardless of all this though, it wouldn’t be bad to have an adjustment to the halloween items. Feels a bit backwards having to swap ascended gear to exotic for an aura. Especially due to how rare the infusions are.

Yeah, to that I can agree on xd Yours is one of the countless suggestions that could improve the game, that also have been said many times before, it’s just that there wasn’t any focus on them/didn’t seem important enough to allocate effort on, I guess.