returning Player

returning Player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Hello everyone, i hope you are having a great time. I took a long break when HoT came and im thinking about coming back to the game. Some people say a new expansion might be coming… Is HoT worth buying for WvW or casual pve ?

returning Player

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

you going get mixed responses from people about buying hot some think its to hard some think it unbalanced pvp/wvw with the elite traits. i personally think its just right i bought HoT after taking 2 1/2 yr break on my return bout week after i returned i bought it. I have no regrets I actually enjoy it more than base gw2 I hope next expansion keeps the difficulty of hot as a minimum I’m speaking from PvE perspective I don’t wvw anymore just been ages really.
BTW welcome back to tyria

(edited by TEKnowledgy.1760)

returning Player

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

WvW and casual pve are the game modes I play.
I have no regrets about buying HoT when I returned to the game a few months ago.
There are still lots of things that are annoying and could do with with improvement across the game, but none of them are really that big a deal.
I think, overall, that I’m enjoying my time in Tyria more now than ever before, and a lot of the many changes to the game (with HoT and since) have been for the better.
Welcome back, and have fun!
~TG

returning Player

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

At this point, you might as well wait ~4 months, as that’ll likely be the end of season 3 and the trailer for the next expansion. If there’s an expansion coming this year, HoT would essentially be free as early as next month, assuming they offer ~5 months of refunds again.

returning Player

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

It’s super worth it. I love the Xpac. I suggest to buy it and not wait for the next Xpac because it won’t be out until the earliest the end of this year, but most likely it will come out early-mid next year. Enjoy