rl cash/prize for PvE?

rl cash/prize for PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ve always wondered why rl cash/prizes have always been pvp only. Considering the popularity of the PvE side of the game, why not do something similar for PvE?

mods* please don’t move to “suggestions” forum as I’d like to have a discussion bout this topic and that’s a sure fire way to kill it.

Serenity now~Insanity later

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Simply because no one can win PvE since it is not actually a competition against other people.
Who would decide who should get the monetary reward in PvE?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Because PvE is easy. AI is incompetent and cannot think for itself.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Who would decide who should get the monetary reward in PvE?

Obviously I should get it, being fabulous as I am.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Actually, I think there is a somewhat PvE “cash” reward…if i remember correctly, you get gems for 5K achievement point (thereabouts.)

Alas, it’s not much, and many of us may never see 5K.

As for PvP…what cash rewards are we seeing? I am curious, as I have not heard this before.

Level 80 Elementalist

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Yeah, you get 400 gems every 5k achievement points. I used my first bit to get the flute half off, haha.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Because PvE is easy. AI is incompetent and cannot think for itself.

This.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

You get 400 gems at 5k achievement points. Is this not enough of a reward for you?

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Pvp is where they get their pve balance ideas so naturally they have to offer compensation /s

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Evidently not many are aware of what PvP rewards are….

Prizes

Regional Qualifying Tournament
The registered first-place teams from the North American and European regional qualifying tournaments will each receive:
Team placement in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational Tournament on August 31 at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle, WA
Airfare for five to Seattle, WA
Hotel accommodations (two rooms per team)
Five four-day passes to PAX Prime 2013
Studio tour of ArenaNet
Invitational Tournament
The top two teams in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational Tournament will receive the following prizes:
First place: $7,500 cash prize
Second place: $2,500 cash prize

In gems that would be 120,000 per person for 1st place compare to the 800 for 10k ap.

I’m not saying ap is any kind of competition…just doing the comparison since some brought it up. There are many ways to make PvE extremely competitive btw.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Could be interesting, but at the very end of the day it would have to come down to competition.

Perhaps you could have dungeon speed run races, and award it to the fastest group, or something similar to that.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In gems that would be 120,000 per person for 1st place compare to the 800 for 10k ap.

I’m not saying ap is any kind of competition…just doing the comparison since some brought it up. There are many ways to make PvE extremely competitive btw.

One problem: PvP reward will be given to the winners of a large tournament, there is only one winning team, and one runner up. On the other hand… AP rewards are given to EVERYONE.

I want to know those ways to make PvE extemely competitive, if there is no competition between humans, it’s not competitive. Just defeating some hard challenge is NOT ENOUGH. There must be competition between players too.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

One problem: PvP reward will be given to the winners of a large tournament, there is only one winning team, and one runner up. On the other hand… AP rewards are given to EVERYONE.

I want to know those ways to make PvE extemely competitive, if there is no competition between humans, it’s not competitive. Just defeating some hard challenge is NOT ENOUGH. There must be competition between players too.

I am waiting for a guy saying “Speedruns!”

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I don’t think this is possible. In PvP there is always a winner…to put this in PvE the design team would have to come up with a boss that is impossible to beat, which would not make for great entertainment.

Not that I wouldn’t like to see this, I just don’t think it is possible.

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I am waiting for a guy saying “Speedruns!”

Devs: “We give you 1 month to do dungeon <a> while naked, the team that has the best time at the end of the month will get epic prizes”

rl cash/prize for PvE?

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

If Anet did Raiding with rl cash prizes, that ought to shut the whiners up for a while and keep ’em busy.