season one memory box on gem store 1 free

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashley.3408

Ashley.3408

as per title says

contents is

Each box contains three items from the first half of Living World Season 1. Each box also drops Nostalgia Tokens that can be exchanged for different items.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

More Eastern MMO-style boxes with random stuff! <shakes head>

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I hope that that special present from Scarlet is a part of it but probably not.

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

sold a Scarlet’s Kiss before the market crashed for 400g, yay!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

FYI those with alt accounts can gift the free one to your main. I strongly recommend that (unless you play both accounts 4realz).

You get one box free and can choose to never spend on them. I’m not sure why you’d be against this.

It’s actually a really good reward:

• You get some guaranteed drops.
  • You have a chance to get skins that dropped during part of LS1.
  • You also get tokens that can be traded for those same skins (minimum:1; max I’ve heard about is 67; top reward is 100 tokens and next highest is 50, but many are below 10)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the boxes are a good idea, but they’d be better if all the stuff that comes from them was tradable. I’m not sure if it was just because I was on a free account but when I got a Mini Twisted Horror, which is normally tradable, it was account bound.

It would be really annoying to get an item you didn’t want which normally you could sell for enough gold to get the one you do want, only to find it’s account bound so you’re stuck with it.

(But given the way prices on the mini pets included have crashed already I’m assuming either they are normally tradable or a lot of horders are panic selling.)

FYI those with alt accounts can gift the free one to your main. I strongly recommend that (unless you play both accounts 4realz).

Unless your alt account is a free one, then it doesn’t work. Which is understandable I suppose, but a bit disappointing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kantid.3571

Kantid.3571

ANET, did you miss Zephyr Rucksack Skin?

Danikat.8537

ANET, did you miss Zephyr Rucksack Skin?

They don’t include all the rewards from Season 1. As well as the Zephyr Rucksack it’s also missing the Tequatl wings, Fused Weapons and quite a few other things.

I’m not sure why, but whenever they bring back Season 1 rewards it always seems to be a random selection with some omitted.

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Not a very good season 1 memory box when some items are missing. Either all or nothing is my preference.

-S o S-

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

You get one box free and can choose to never spend on them. I’m not sure why you’d be against this.

It’s actually a really good reward:

• You get some guaranteed drops.
  • You have a chance to get skins that dropped during part of LS1.
  • You also get tokens that can be traded for those same skins (minimum:1; max I’ve heard about is 67; top reward is 100 tokens and next highest is 50, but many are below 10)

ugg I wasn’t paying attention, didn’t realize you could gift them. oh well live and learn.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Since I decided against the Mistlock Observatory Pass, I tossed gems at 10 of these boxes instead. I ended up with 117 tokens as well as an infinite tonic and some pricey minis. Now I have a Molten Jet Pack! Which likely I will use myself though I could get hundreds of gold for it (until the market crashes), once I figure out the right alt to wear it.

I also spotted that the assault knight cores could be easily gotten, so I’m on the verge of Dynamic Blades at last.

Color me pleased.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

I’m very happy with this. I threw in some gems to get 10 also, I ended up with about 60 tokens, Mini Southsun Kasmir, lots of other mini’s. I was able to finally buy the selfless potion, upgrade my Tempered Blades to Dynamic (Infused), and have lots left over to pick out any other goodies I missed back in Season 1. Thank you Anet!

Djinn.9245

I never said I was against them being free, I deplore the addition of yet another gamble box in the gemstore. Eastern MMOs are completely full of gambling which apparently is what GW2 is going for since we’re also getting even more gambling in-game with UnID Gear.

Instead of thinking up more gimmicks, I’d prefer more Story or maybe even ARMOR! (Yes, I know these are different developers, but money spent on one is money not spent on the other.)

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I got a single token and nothing else of interest from the free one. I bought the starcake recipe. I’ll probably never cook one.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

RIP jetpack prices

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

On my second account I got three identical account bound minis! They even stacked.

Danikat.8537

I’m surprised it’s dropping duplicate account bound minis. I would have thought since they figured out how to prevent the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock from doing that they’d have used the same code elsewhere.

There should at least be a way to trade them in for different minis/other items.

I mean I got junk from my free box (literally – 15 salvageable scraps) but at least I could turn it into materials and use or sell them. Getting stuck with a duplicate account bound item must be really annoying.

DoctorDing.5890

They were free <shrug>

Danikat.8537

They were free <shrug>

One is free. There’s also the option to buy more with gems, which is most likely what they were designed around, and what Anet intends players to do. The freebie is as much advertising as anything else.

DoctorDing.5890

Yeah, I’d have been quite annoyed if I’d paid for it and got those. Not sure why they were account bound as my main account got an unbound mini from the box.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aww…I wish we could send them to our main accounts. Got a nice Mini out of my free alt one.

Oh, well.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I’m not quite sure what was the point of ruining the value of the gift & power core, given you could still obtain and craft them in game.
The power cores are now dirt cheap lol

Also… sclerites weapons are okay, but they’re already in the wardrobe unlock… whereas the Sovereign weapon set is still completely left out. (unless you buy one of the few gift of the bazaar left, but there’s like 20 total lol).

If you feel like giving tequalt weapons that way I’ll forgive you for ruining the power cores <3

Posted by: franzi.8513

franzi.8513

Woohoo, I won the jackpot and got 3 passion fruits out of my free box!
I’m definitely not going to spent 200 gems for these boxes

(edited by franzi.8513)

Djinn.9245

On my second account I got three identical account bound minis! They even stacked.

Can the minis be vendored or something? If not then anyone who actually purchases these boxes is getting ripped off. Paying gems for stuff you have to destroy – great idea.

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Can the minis be vendored or something? If not then anyone who actually purchases these boxes is getting ripped off. Paying gems for stuff you have to destroy – great idea.

50c for Horrik & Firestorm, not sure on the rest.

It is a bit annoying; like getting the duplicates in the BLC before they became claim tickets.

(edited by Tyger.1637)

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

I never said I was against them being free, I deplore the addition of yet another gamble box in the gemstore. Eastern MMOs are completely full of gambling which apparently is what GW2 is going for since we’re also getting even more gambling in-game with UnID Gear.

Instead of thinking up more gimmicks, I’d prefer more Story or maybe even ARMOR! (Yes, I know these are different developers, but money spent on one is money not spent on the other.)

But money earned by selling one is money that can be spent creating the other . Development sans money is a sad prospect.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: teun.6275

teun.6275

So are these boxes permanently sold now. Or are they here for a limited time?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Nothing on the gem shop has been permanent, except maybe character slots and the like. So I’m sure these will be removed and re-added at some point.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

RIP jetpack prices

It’s about time they murdered all those ridiculous prices. I finally got my Mini Karka without spending 9k gold.

Now they just need to crash the invisible shoe prices which are also long overdue for it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The power cores are now dirt cheap lol

Check again.

• Green: last week ~55-115 silver; currently ~75-131 silver
  • Red: last week ~230-295 silver; currently ~81-154 silver
  • Blue: last week ~250-450 silver; currently ~83-143 silver

i.e. currently cheaper, not dirt cheap (and roughly about the same prices, instead of the huge spread they were prior)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I bought 10. I managed to pull a mini molten firestorm. I don’t care about minis but that’ll go well for the account value.

Got 30 tickets and put them all into Scarlet’s armor pieces so that’s nice too.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Djinn.9245

But money earned by selling one is money that can be spent creating the other . Development sans money is a sad prospect.

Anet could simply sell us more armor skins which many people are clamoring for. No one is asking for more gamble boxes.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nothing on the gem shop has been permanent, except maybe character slots and the like. So I’m sure these will be removed and re-added at some point.

Black lion keys seem to be permanent. lol

Vayne.8563

We get more story every two or three months and some armor pieces in that. This box allows people to get stuff they missed, if they want to pay for it. The time it takes compared to story or armor is negliible. It’s not an either or thing.

If you don’t like gambling, don’t gamble. Not sure why this should affect your gameplay otherwise.

Vayne.8563

Anet could simply sell us more armor skins which many people are clamoring for. No one is asking for more gamble boxes.

No one is asking for more gambling boxes? You don’t think there are people who really like or are really into this? Okay then.

Edit: I’ll just leave this here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Thank-you-for-the-S1-Memory-Box/first#post6699059

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Haha! Personally, I love the Black Lion Chests. I’m not sure I want anything from these new ones, as I already have a lot of what is on offer. Maybe, if/when they go on sale. Or, I might have been tempted if I wasn’t saving my Gems for whatever is on offer when PoF launches.

Posted by: Fierypyro.7354

Fierypyro.7354

Lmao yess. got this and I got like 1 coin and 2 minis, I thought if it was cool I might purchase some for gems but if they are really this lame then im good. I’ll take the freebie and say thank you but I won’t be buying any of these!

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Too bad there’s no chance to get the miniature set needed for mini armored scarlet.

Currently the only way is through

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet%27s_Champions_Mini_3-Pack

but as wiki says

These blooms ( Currency needed in order to buy stuff ) are found on Mordrem invading Tyria. When Mordremoth launches an invasion, do everything in your ability to fight its minions back.
Talk more option tango.png
Have there been any recent reports of invasions?

We have not received any reports of new Mordrem invasions in Tyria.

ANET, could you please add it?
Or, if anybody knows a way which i don’t know, please tell me.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This box only covers the first half of LS1. Scarlet’s Champion pack was released in March 2014

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

This box only covers the first half of LS1. Scarlet’s Champion pack was released in March 2014

Didn’t know that.
Still it is correct to say that currently there’s no way to get those miniatures, right?

Or maybe sometimes are they put into the black lion shop?
I just “came back” yesterday.

Posted by: Aiblush.3865

Aiblush.3865

Is this limited time? Or is it going to stay in the Black Lion Trading Company [TP] forever?

Main: Melody Ai (Other: Yuuki Ai, Shinigami Ai)
Guild: Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven