second b-day gift

second b-day gift

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

One Queen Jennah mini was fine, multiples were not. Unless we have a Mystic Forge recipe I’m unaware of that can use them!

Put a Mini Queen Jenna in with a Mini Logan Thackery and you’ll get a Mini Dead Snaff.

>.>
<.<

I’m only interested if Mini Dead Snaff can swim

Does floating, face down across the surface count as swimming?

It’s better than disappearing like some minis. But I feel like Dead Snaff should actually be a kite. I mean obviously he doesn’t have locomotion, so he should be dependent on use to drag his corpse around.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

second b-day gift

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

One Queen Jennah mini was fine, multiples were not. Unless we have a Mystic Forge recipe I’m unaware of that can use them!

Put a Mini Queen Jenna in with a Mini Logan Thackery and you’ll get a Mini Dead Snaff.

>.>
<.<

It’s better than disappearing like some minis. But I feel like Dead Snaff should actually be a kite. I mean obviously he doesn’t have locomotion, so he should be dependent on use to drag his corpse around.

Nah. Dead Snaff backpack.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

second b-day gift

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

>.>
<.<

I’m not sure my character would be able to get over the stench associated with such…. maybe it comes with a clothespin headpiece?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

>.>
<.<

I’m not sure my character would be able to get over the stench associated with such…. maybe it comes with a clothespin headpiece?

Just make it available to Necros only, they are used to the smell anyways.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

second b-day gift

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I would like to see a box containing a completely new set of weapon skins that we get to choose from that you can only get on the 2nd year bday gift.

second b-day gift

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I would like to see a box containing a completely new set of weapon skins that we get to choose from that you can only get on the 2nd year bday gift.

Anet doesn’t want players to shout “unfair ! I don’t have any alts so I can’t get more than 1 skin”. So it won’t happen.

second b-day gift

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

It doesn’t have to be good… it just has to be UNIQUE to the birthday gift, and it just has to be useful or have some variance in drops like GW1 minis.

Giving “auto level 20 scrolls” to people after 12 months is just…. stupid, completely stupid, utterly stupid, and ridiculously stupid.

The scrolls drop from Achievement Chests as well.

I have 9 of those scrolls that I’m never going to use, and I have 9 characters at 80….

As long as they don’t give out a stupid and useless item like that again, I’ll be happy.

Some of us love these scrolls for auto-level to 20, since we actually invested a lot of time into just a few characters instead of banging out a metric ton of them and still have only played a few classes.

So keep the level 20 scrolls! If people don’t want them they can delete them.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

If birthday gift was a mini or permanent finisher that featured a bobblehead of the character that used it, I would stain my pants from clicking ‘accept’ too fast.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I want a yearly mini on my character birthday like in GW1.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

second b-day gift

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

To the above posters that want more unique minis instead of one single mini given out by the millions — I’m afraid ArenaNet/NCsoft won’t do it as it would cut into their mini pack gem market. Its the only reason I can come up with why they did it the first time and I don’t see them changing now.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

second b-day gift

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I KNOW!

A FLYING ETERNITY!

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

To the above posters that want more unique minis instead of one single mini given out by the millions — I’m afraid ArenaNet/NCsoft won’t do it as it would cut into their mini pack gem market. Its the only reason I can come up with why they did it the first time and I don’t see them changing now.

I had to give you a +1 to agree and to say that it’s SHAMEFUL.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

second b-day gift

Kal Spiro.9745

Anet doesn’t want players to shout “unfair ! I don’t have any alts so I can’t get more than 1 skin”. So it won’t happen.

There is no reason for them to be concerned with this, since the only thing stopping those people from getting it is themselves. They chose not to make more characters, they’re not restricted from it. Everyone get 5 slots base.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

second b-day gift

Kal Spiro.9745

I had to give you a +1 to agree and to say that it’s SHAMEFUL.

If they were unique minis to birthdays, or even better minis that have been discontinued like pack 1, it wouldn’t impact gem market at all.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I would like a mount specific for the race of the character who has a birthday. …

At this moment, the image of Batman slapping Robin comes to mind, with him saying STAHP WITH THE MOUNTS.

You’re welcome

EDIT: A solution to the duplicated minis, is make it able to be used in the Mystic Forge, I would be fine with that.

TAKE MY INTERNETS!

second b-day gift

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

There is no reason for them to be concerned with this, since the only thing stopping those people from getting it is themselves. They chose not to make more characters, they’re not restricted from it. Everyone get 5 slots base.

And yet so many things in this game are account bound, making sure that players who have alts do not have any sort of advantages over players who do not (like event chests, daily crafting, dungeon rewards). The only thing nice they did for alt was make ascended account bounds (which didn’t ever bother players who played a single character).

So Anet giving exclusive rewards the more alt you have ? It’s very unlikely to happen.

But it’s useless to have this debate. Last year everyone and every alt got the exact same thing. This year it’s going to be the same.

second b-day gift

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

Will be exactly the same as year 1 gift except whit a Knut Whitebear mini instead.
Yay.

gw2 couldn’t handle a gnut whitebear mini :D

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

second b-day gift

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A Bad Second Birthday Gift Example:

1 Birthday Booster
1 20 Level Booster for New Characters
1 Minipet, that will be for each character birthday always the same

A Good Birthday Gift Example for now the second Birthday

1 Birthday Booster
1 Keg of Liquid World Experience
1 Voucher for either 50 Lodestones of your choice, or 50 T6 Materials of your choice
1 Voucher for either a Black Lion Ticket or for 10 Black Lion Keys

That would be a very nice and good Birthday Gift for our second birthday coming in August

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

second b-day gift

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Preferably, if there is a birthday gift at all, it will be character based, and different for different characters. If it’s the same for all of them, I’d as soon it were account based.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Panzer.3162

Panzer.3162

i will like fractal skin box
precursor box
or just plane legendary box THIS IS 2 years ! Jesus ! give us gems unique outfits or something O_O
ppl will not going to stop to play ! they will play harder to reach that level !

“fractal skin box” mini

or

“precursor box” mini

I now want a miniature Steel Chest bouncing around behind me as i run through dungeons and such.

second b-day gift

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have two alts that turned year one a few weeks ago or so. Due to how bad the year one birthday gift was I have not even bothered to log in to them to get the gifts since I won’t use them. Let’s hope year two is better than “meh..”

The Burninator

second b-day gift

Azrael.4960

bah, COMPANION CUBE MINI!

second b-day gift

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

It doesn’t have to be good… it just has to be UNIQUE to the birthday gift,

/peers over glasses

You really expect them to make 4 million+ unique items?

Adjust your foggy faux intellectual glasses.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

i think the bday gift is fixed. 3 char hit their bday and all 3 got mini queen jennah. I mean seriously? 3? i cant even sell it.

Well you can admire Barefoot Jennah on 3 characters Don’t lose hope, this year we might get a mini Logan to get a matching couple

second b-day gift

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Birthday boosters are so great maybe we get two of them per character this time

second b-day gift

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Anet must feel like parents of spoiled little kids after reading this thread.

[DONE]

second b-day gift

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

It doesn’t have to be good… it just has to be UNIQUE to the birthday gift, and it just has to be useful or have some variance in drops like GW1 minis.

Giving “auto level 20 scrolls” to people after 12 months is just…. stupid, completely stupid, utterly stupid, and ridiculously stupid.

The scrolls drop from Achievement Chests as well.

I have 9 of those scrolls that I’m never going to use, and I have 9 characters at 80….

As long as they don’t give out a stupid and useless item like that again, I’ll be happy.

Some of us love these scrolls for auto-level to 20, since we actually invested a lot of time into just a few characters instead of banging out a metric ton of them and still have only played a few classes.

So keep the level 20 scrolls! If people don’t want them they can delete them.

So how about a trade-in vendor? One Experience Scroll for five Tomes of Knowledge. Something that could benefit characters beyond 20 if they so choose but less so than a new character that would skip up to 19 levels.

And for the minis; what about one random accountbound-set mini instead? The ones that aren’t part of Mini-packs like Jenna, Gnashblade, Toxic Nimross, etc.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting what Birthday gifts we’d like to see. Our parents (hopefully) want us to be happy, but they aren’t mind readers.

We can only hope that they put some thought into their gift. (The level 20 scrolls were pretty useless after a year of playing. And multiple untradeable Jennahs? Both are just inventory fillers if they can’t be sold or given to someone that could actually use them.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

second b-day gift

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’ve played the game for two years now, so my bday box better include 8000 gems, 1000 gold, and every legendary as well as a stack of 250 of every crafting mat, and scrolls that turn my alts to level 80 with full ascended equipment. If it doesn’t, by god, I’ll whine on the forums for an ungodly amount of hours!

second b-day gift

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’d just settle for another bday booster at this point. You can keep the mini’s, scrolls and all the other junk (to me anyways) and just let me get my character to rank 2000 in WvW the easy way.

If however you want to throw in a couple black lion claim tickets I would not argue with you. The way I see it, if I am gonna spend lots of time in EotM then I may as well look good doing it.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

How about a cake with two candles on it? Its a tray type consumable and everyone nearby can have a slice if they like. And the birthday boy gets to use the title “Birthday Boy/Girl” for the day. hehe

second b-day gift

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Birthday cake backpack, with 2 candles. Maybe with the words, “I’m two years old.” on it

second b-day gift

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Birthday cake backpack, with 2 candles. Maybe with the words, “I’m two years old.” on it

That actually would be great.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I am expecting 8 Kasmeers, (I got 8 Queen Jennahs last time), I think I can ‘handle’ 8 Kasmeers (in my dreams that is…), however 8 Kasmeers and 8 Queen Jennahs could be a stretch even for me…

second b-day gift

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I know! Let’s all get the same mini pet again…this time Trahearne!

second b-day gift

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I would prefer something both worthy and personal.
Like a 800 Gem to spend on whatever you want, or buy some more to that and get something big. Or BL weapon, yep. +500 AP? Free Bank Slots? 10 Transmutation Charge? A selection of 3 new funny hat piece?

Please keep in mind that a lot of people don’t need more of new-character things.
Birthday Booster is still sweet!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

second b-day gift

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

This.

OP’s opening comment of “make it better! do not make excuses just give something good!” is really rude and pointless. Some others had some constructive ideas (I think a mini of our own character would be funny), but mostly it just seems the purpose of the topic is to complain preemptively that a “birthday” gift might not be extravagant enough.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

This.

OP’s opening comment of “make it better! do not make excuses just give something good!” is really rude and pointless. Some others had some constructive ideas (I think a mini of our own character would be funny), but mostly it just seems the purpose of the topic is to complain preemptively that a “birthday” gift might not be extravagant enough.

Yes, I suppose it is so silly of people to have expectations. I mean its not like GW1 made each character’s birthday something unique and exciting.

Oh wait…
It did.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

second b-day gift

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This.

Guild Wars 2 takes everything you love about Guild Wars 1…….. and makes it worse?

But seriously, birthdays for Guild Wars 1 was a big deal. It’s not unreasonable to expect the same treatment in Guild Wars 2. For me, multiple identical minis and level 20 scrolls after a year, when most people have already finished leveling was……not a big deal (euphemism).

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

second b-day gift

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Level 20 scrolls are kind of awful now due to the trait changes. Birthday gifts should make you happy, not make you realize YOU STILL DON’T HAVE ANY TRAITS!

I want more Queen Jennahs, but they need to code it so that is the only mini you can have multiples of out at a time. In a couple years I’ll have a hundred Queen Jennahs following me around…

second b-day gift

Posted by: bluberblasen.9684

bluberblasen.9684

give us
" select yourself " button

second b-day gift

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

I have 10 character slots, 9 of which were above level 20 when the first birthday gifts rolled around. I’ve since used ~3/4 of the L20 scrolls rerolling different characters and still have way too many of those L20 scrolls.

I don’t like Queen Jennah so all the minis of her are just wasting away in my bank (and I have 2 more of her to look forward to!). The birthday boosters were the only nice thing about the birthday gifts from last year.

I agree with others who say it’s a step backwards from GW1.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

I liked the 1st birthday booster, wouldn’t mind seeing something similar for 2nd birthday.
However the minipet was not that great of an idea because you got the same minipet for each of your characters, if there had been variety and the minipets were sellable that would have been great.

So for 2nd birthday present I’d hope to see:

• Booster (with magic find, gold find etc.)
  • A minipet from a new set (that only drops from the birthday presents, like in GW1)
  • Or instead of a minipet a choice of a skin (special skin available only via 2nd birthday present).

I personally disagree with the idea that the birthday presents should give out stuff like precursors. Birthday presents should be something small but fun because, after all, you only need to wait for the time to pass.

second b-day gift

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

A Title is a super-easy thing for them to do: “Two Year Veteran”, “Three Year Veteran”, etc.

I like the idea of a BIRTHDAY TOKEN that you can take to a Birthday NPC for your choice of a variety of goodies.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

second b-day gift

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

The birthday boosters make levelling alts slightly less painful, so I’d like to see those return. I miss the birthday mini lottery from GW1 though. The one decent place for some RNG in GW2 and I ended up with about 12 account-bound Queen Jennah minis instead . . .

second b-day gift

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I agree, the birthday boosters were pretty great, the double wxp, xp, and karma. But as for a mini, I do miss the gw1 lottery of minis, even though I never got a green.

second b-day gift

Azrael.4960

Strangely enough, I logged back into my GW1 account to check my chars. A couple of them are 8 years old and got the new birthday exchange token. Picked up a mini Gwen out of that. Was got chuffed

second b-day gift

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Give us random, tradeable minis, like you did in GW1 – those were always fun, like Überraschungseier (which are forbidden in the US, as they combine chocolate with small-part-toys):
You knew basically what type/quality of stuff you could expect, but you never knew what particular item you’d receive – and there was always a chance for a rare figurine.

Polka will never die

second b-day gift

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

-Include the birthday booster again. Even if people don’t have characters that need the experience anymore, the 100% bonus to karma, magic find, gold, and wvw rank is still very enjoyable. Not to mention, it stacks with other boosters.

Birthday Booster doesn’t give a karma booster. It really sucks, cause that’s the only one I really care about.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

second b-day gift

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

no mini’s please, i only use the cat from the HOM and that’s it.
i love to have a scroll that can actually level a character beyond lvl 20, something like adding 10 levels to a character.
what would also be lovely is an armor skin set that you have to choose per piece, this will actually encourage alts allot more.