setting my Finisher to default ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Michael Conrad.6704

Michael Conrad.6704

Is there a way to make one particular Finisher my DEFAULT Finisher ? I paid 800 Gems for the Finisher I wanted and its not convenient to have to reset it after each kill in WvW or PvP. I am of course, blind when it comes to certain details so I may have just overlooked it.

thanks !

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

You shouldn’t have to reset it. Open your hero panel, go to finishers, and select the one you want. If your using one with limited users, it will reset to default when all uses are consumed. If you purchased, it will have unlimited uses and never need reseting.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

You shouldn’t have to reset it. Open your hero panel, go to finishers, and select the one you want. If your using one with limited users, it will reset to default when all uses are consumed. If you purchased, it will have unlimited uses and never need reseting.

It’s been glitching and resetting itself a lot lately though. I’ve noticed this with my dragon rank finisher and permanent gift finisher. It seems to switch back to the default as soon as you close out of the finisher tab on the hero panel a lot of the times. :/

Posted by: Michael Conrad.6704

Michael Conrad.6704

Yes, Kako described the problem explicitly. I also realize that in a group kill effort my finisher will not necessarily be the one used as it probably depends on factors such as who did the most damage or who actually got the kill shot etc.. I am careful to distinguish this from solo kills where my finisher defaults to the rather mundane stick in the ground (the first Finisher available) rather than my purchased Finisher which I highlight prior to using it.
thanks all for answering

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I have this bug as well. I don’t know why I haven’t heard anyone say anything about it until now.

To get around it: Spam click the finisher you want as your default a few times, then quickly exit out of the finisher tab. You will know it worked because the finisher icon you selected wont switch back to default as you’re leaving the tab like it normally would.

Don’t go back into the finisher tab or you will need to redo this.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I’m pretty sure it resets your finisher when you consume those temporary finishers (aka the Snowman present temporary finisher) for some reason.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Holy crap, this has been in this game for 3+ months? Anet always amazes me.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

I wouldn’t be surprised if it stays ingame for a few more months…

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

I wouldn’t be surprised if it stays ingame for a few more months…

I wasted good money on a flashy finisher not too long before this bug was rolled out… (My mistake). I seriously hope that it doesn’t stay bugged for much longer.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I think you guys who wasted your money on finishers should demand refund.

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since there are already numerous threads on the same issue in the bug subforum I am closing this one. Thanks for understanding.