sick of people exploiting in dungeons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frig.5794

Frig.5794

Im really sick of running dungeons where the mechanics are “guys I know a secret way where we dont have to do any stuff here”

Can we just play the game the way it was designed? I find groups go faster in the long run if you dont try and cut corners.

Is there a way to report people using exploits?

I’m talking about things like Leashing in CoF1, and jumping over the walls in the dredge dungeon//dredge fractal.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Find a guild that doesn’t exploit and stick with them, other than that – path of least resistance.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

First time, go ahead enjoy the view and experience, second time, Path of least resistance.

Posted by: Coquette.2753

Coquette.2753

jumping over the walls in the dredge dungeon//dredge fractal.

This is the point where I tell my party I ain’t hopping over and they can either be okay with it or I can leave. :p I find most of the time (=every time) it takes longer to get the whole party over without falling, than it would’ve taken to just… I don’t know.. do it the normal way?

If life keeps asking you the same questions, you are not learning the lessons.
<Piken Square>

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Lol people still try to jump into the cage for dredge?

Takes all of 20 seconds to do it legit, probably is quicker.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I agree that exploits take away from the quality of the game, but I blame the game developers not the players.

In real life, would you spend minutes climbing a fence if you know there is a hole in it that you can walk through in seconds?

If you want players to climb the fence, patch the hole.

Also, leashing/aggro is an important part of any MMO.

If you have a problem with enemies that cease chasing you after you run out of their range, consider the alternative.

If you could pull any mob indefinitely without a reset, every enemy in the game would be solo-able at max range.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There’s something I say a lot, and I’d like it to be a catchphrase:

“Only bad groups skip Kholer”

It is a reference to how in AC explore, many people will skip Kholer claiming him to be too hard and take too long and not have any rewards and stuff. The ironic part being that the fastest runs I’ve ever done in AC explore never skipped Kholer. Instead, we all ran up and bowled Kholer right over like he was nothing then marched on, reward chest in hand and waypoint at our backs.

It is this path of least resistance mindset that annoys me. Every time a group tries to do something like that it fails miserably or takes so long it would’ve been better to just straight up fight. After the group spends time skipping “trash mobs” when someone inevitably dies they become unable to run past the enemies by themselves, and we have to wait 10 minutes while the same player dies again and again to get to where everyone is. Every time we go to use a safe spot against a boss the boss just takes half the group out and then the safe spot doesn’t even work most of the time. Every time we go to take a short cut, 4 out of 5 players die from fall damage or the enemies at the end of that fall. Every time some group finds a shortcut which skips half the map they don’t bother telling me, so when I read story mode or fall behind because I’ve been killed by one of the 12 enemies we’re running past, they end up half way through the map and complain every time they gotta show someone how they got there.

It gets kind of sickening after awhile. It is rare to see any two groups do the same thing twice, so with each group everyone is a n00b to whatever random strategy the group leader and his friend employ. So I spend time trying to find a safespot I’ve never heard of which is “over there” (literally all the direction I was given), don’t stand in the exact spot causing the boss to reset or wipe the tightly clustered team with an AoE. Somehow, things became more complicated and yet less effective than just running up, killing the troublesome pests, then moving on.

It is a really unfortunate thing that people want things to be easy to get, yet rewarding and “valuable”, and they want things to be challenging and yet shy away from any difficulty that presents itself.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Nappychappy.7046

Kholer is boring, not hard.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’m getting very annoyed over exploiting myself, also running through OHKO mobs and expecting to make it. Every patch these exploits are closed yet no one takes his time to explain the new exploit of the month 1 day after patch. You’re just expected to know all bs.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Path of least resistance carries some risk as well. Sure skipping kohler saves you time. But if someone dies, they have to run all the way from the starting wp.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I want to ask OP to come with me at dredge part to show me how to survive at lvl 38-40 without stealth or cheats.

also without dying on switches and obviously without mechanics not accessible to all profession (i.e. stealth that is a far worse abuse used there we all know why).

Then we can proceed to try cliffside Killing both room (its doable).

Lets do it and just post here the result

You can PM me….
If you don t accept or we fail (i won t be a burden for sure) i ask you to stop with this nonesense…dredge is already one of the most annoying fractals…..
Rewards have been nerfed and frankly sounds like what happened to AC of some players complaining that a lvl 35 dungeon was too easy………

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Kholer’s actually very hard for a lot of people who dont know how to dodge :>

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

I want to ask OP to come with me at dredge part to show me how to survive at lvl 38-40 without stealth or cheats.

also without dying on switches and obviously without mechanics not accessible to all profession (i.e. stealth that is a far worse abuse used there we all know why).

You can PM me….
If you don t accept or we fail (i won t be a burden for sure) i ask you to stop with this nonesense…dredge is already one of the most annoying fractals…..
Rewards have been nerfed and frankly sounds like what happened to AC of some players complaining that a lvl 35 dungeon was too easy………

If you can’t do it legit than you don’t deserve to do it at all. What will you do on those when they do get fixed? Whine about not being able to do it anymore? Using exploits is preventing people to learn encounters and improve their skill. You are actually hurting the playerbase by doing it in the long run. So instead of justifying your exploit use why don’t you learn and improve yourself instead.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You could have just said that this game is hard for those who don’t know how to dodge…

Nappychappy.7046

Probably even harder for the key turners… Oh god, could you imagine key turning, not dodging and using a 2 button mouse?

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Using stealth is legit mechanics. We have soo much (too much) jumping in GW2 that jumping over something to make it 30s shorter seems like GW2 style accualy, so jumping into cage in dredge fractal is OK imo…

LordByron.8369

You can PM me….

If you can’t do it legit than you don’t deserve to do it at all. What will you do on those when they do get fixed? Whine about not being able to do it anymore? Using exploits is preventing people to learn encounters and improve their skill. You are actually hurting the playerbase by doing it in the long run. So instead of justifying your exploit use why don’t you learn and improve yourself instead.

as said stop talking and show you can
Or maybe you cannot…..

More Facts less words…the forum is already to full of Forum-pros that fails in game.

Being one of the most dedicated fotm palyers you won t convince me of this nonsense.

I think OP and all Others complaining just use different EXPLOITS they don t even know are such…or are on a low level and cannot understand how its not possible tanking 5-20 mobs dealing 10.000 each attack standing still on platforms.

Prove me wrong or stop complaining….

P.S: about hurting playerbase…
I want to thank people like you for friends leaving….
They were casual players who liked to run some dungeons sometimes…..TO HAVE FUN !
after they “revamped” AC due to players like you they just drop being because they saw another low level activity taken away from them.

So think who is hurting playerbase between us WHO self entitle to say people how to play the game without possibly the proper knowledge….or people explaining why people use workaround to PROBLEMATIC and unfun parts…
Considering rewards also.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

You can PM me….

Or maybe you cannot…..

More Facts less words…the forum is already to full of Forum-pros that fails in game.

Being one of the most dedicated fotm palyers you won t convince me of this nonsense.

I think OP and all Others complaining just use different EXPLOITS they don t even know are such…or are on a low level and cannot understand how its not possible tanking 5-20 mobs dealing 10.000 each attack standing still on platforms.

They were casual players who liked to run some dungeons sometimes…..TO HAVE FUN !
after they “revamped” AC due to players like you they just drop being because they saw another low level activity taken away from them.

So think who is hurting playerbase between us WHO self entitle to say people how to play the game without possibly the proper knowledge….or people explaining why people use workaround to PROBLEMATIC and unfun parts…

So your one of the “Most” dedicated Frac runners….. but someone obviously unable to understand the concept of L2P without the incessant desire to cheat your way through something time and time again… yeah your the real deal.
So if its too hard, the most dedicated Frac runners uses cheats to then come to the forum and profess their godlike skills and abilities whilst at the same time calling others wishing to do things legit as “self entitled” and the “bigger problem” to the player base… whilst struggling to actually construct sentences that are even understandable, I find your reasoning’s to be based on fools logic.

You really are a pro frac runner imo.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You can PM me….

Or maybe you cannot…..

Stop talking please.

marnick.4305

Probably even harder for the key turners… Oh god, could you imagine key turning, not dodging and using a 2 button mouse?

In WoW I could. In fact I did while watching TV shows on the second screen, or actually farming with my 55 monk (hb+ps is every 8 seconds which is enough to cast 3 shadow bolts. The 1.5s rooted cast is enought to cast hb+ps)

In GW2 … that’s not really possible.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

LordByron.8369

You: L2p L2p….
ME: Show me …

You: Well i won t because well i have to…err … umm wash my bicycle…but shut up and L2p

So much credibility…..

P.S: AFAIK NOBODY can survive central room buttons with a light class for example at 40…but i doubt even guardians could do that.
I will ask some friends at 80 (pre cap) if they can at 40 but afaik they cannot either….
You can tell them to l2p then show them also…..

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

marnick.4305

You can PM me….

Or maybe you cannot…..

This post is almost unintelligible. But the conclusion is fairly obvious. The problem aren’t casuals but rather the self-proclaimed pros. Every time a “hardcore” leaves the game, it becomes a little bit better.

LordByron.8369

well it may indeed be hard to read….unfortunately not everyone is native english.
And i agree extremely with you….

But i think you are just wrong on who are the “self proclaimed pros”.

Those who have fun playing with random players….adapting their styles etc. (thing i like the most of fotm)

Or those opening posts to ask people to play like they want without even considering the reason?

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

You could have just said that this game is hard for those who don’t know how to dodge…

It’s very hard for people who don’t know how to use stability skills or reflect, or block if you have one.

On a separate note for this topic

Skipping mobs works perfectly for experienced GOOD players. Bad or newer players, it’s better/faster to kill the mobs. So next time you run a dungeon, and you’re the one whose dead while skipping the mobs, you know what category you belong to so don’t join the experience groups (or hope you get carried by one) and keep practicing with the noob friendly ones until you level up (when I say level up, I don’t mean your character, but your skill level)

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

You can PM me….

Or maybe you cannot…..

So your one of the “Most” dedicated Frac runners….. but someone obviously unable to understand the concept of L2P without the incessant desire to cheat your way through something time and time again… yeah your the real deal.
So if its too hard, the most dedicated Frac runners uses cheats to then come to the forum and profess their godlike skills and abilities whilst at the same time calling others wishing to do things legit as “self entitled” and the “bigger problem” to the player base… whilst struggling to actually construct sentences that are even understandable, I find your reasoning’s to be based on fools logic.

You really are a pro frac runner imo.

Sometimes you don’t have the choice. Remind me what was the only way to survive the Jade Maw in 50+ fractal before the patch ? Even with a full ascended gear you died on agony proc… Now they fixed it, you’re bound to die so we cannot do even-numbered fractals enymore So people found tricks to survive, and I think it’s good news for the game. HC players can use those tricks, casual players can do it the normal way, it’s no problem. Just adapt to your group, or leave it and find another which fits your needs.

(edited by Nachtz.4930)

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Find a guild that doesn’t exploit and stick with them, other than that – path of least resistance.

and get banned for exploiting too much.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

If you see someone exploiting please report them via the in game report tool, or take screenshots or videos as evidence and forward them to the CS team so they can take measures.

Also, if you find an exploit or you think something might be an exploit, please post it in the Exploits Reports Archive so the team can see it and fix it.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.