*sigh* back down too 1g again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jai.3058

Jai.3058

Always money problems, since im a WvWer and PvPer i make only 5-8g a day, i cant stand dungeons, fractals and crafting. Meaning i will not, or most likely will not make a legendary. So all i really want to spend my gold on is buying fashion for my characters or as of now new character slots, my main problem is i get lets say 30g~ and then i find something i need/want to spend it on. But then i realize i dont after i spend it, Which is why i cant afford anything anymore. Anybody have similar experiences or any advise?

Posted by: dadoppelny.7945

dadoppelny.7945

You make only 5-8g a day?
That’s actually alright mate.
People that just, well, play the game don’t get close to that amount.
The dungeon speedrun crowd, yes, they will get that much easily, but everyone else would be jealous of the amount of money you make.

Jai.3058

When i say 5-8g a day, i mean in 5-8 hours…

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

5×365=1825
Can absolutely make a legendary.

Jai.3058

What im trying to say is, i spend my gold and dont make enough to sustain how much i spend, been saving for a character slot unsuccesfully.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You know that you make the most money in this game by selling crafting mats
at the TP ? So if you just count what you make by direct drops of money and
stuff you sell at the NPC while throwing everything else into your bank, you
will of course don’t male money.

Dungeons is the only exeption where you get noticeable direct money .. and maybe Tequatl.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Sounds like you’re not selling your mats.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

You make only 5-8g a day?
That’s actually alright mate.
People that just, well, play the game don’t get close to that amount.
The dungeon speedrun crowd, yes, they will get that much easily, but everyone else would be jealous of the amount of money you make.

+1 !
i always make 0-5 gold a day

Jai.3058

Well i do sell my mats, i just get like 4 from 50 WvW heavy bags. Which really is unlucky but i always sell my mats, no exceptions.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

5-8g a day is a quite nice income rate. If you play everyday, it adds up to 35-55g a week, which is better than what a huge majority of players can even hope for. If you have money probems with such income, you really should think about controlling your spending habits. Especially if, as you say, buying lot of things does not make you happy.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You can farm champions in Edge of the Mist, while u kill players along the way. Those champ bags are good source of income. And sell your crafting ingredients to the Trading post to get the most return from them.

I agree that wvw needs to be more rewarding. sPvP is fine right now though, lots of rewards. You get dungeon tokens too so u can buy “rare” dungeon gears salvage them for globs of ectoplasm and sell it.

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Gathering. Specifically mid-tier mats like Iron and Platinum, and herbs, and Hard Wood. An hour through Sparkfly Fen which has only Hard Wood and Platinum nodes can net anywhere from 2-4g an hour depending on how zealously you get through it and the prices of the day are. Then zone out to Heart of the Mists or native borderland, pop it on the TP and -Exit the Mists- to pop right back.

On a good day I could make 7g in a couple of hours basically just running around and getting into the occasional fight when a creature looked at me funny. It’s also something you can do (99.9%) solo or drop at a moment’s notice.

Jai.3058

Well and also i will apologize for not being clear. because i do not play every day, only on weekends 3~ days of the week i get 8 hours of gameplay where as i play about 3-4 days of the working week at about 2 hours day.

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Sounds like you need to transfer some of the wealth you make out of game, in-game. It’s easy to think of the 10-20 bucks you throw at the game as some lunch you can skip one day, and it solves a lot of your in-game money problems.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Gathering. Specifically mid-tier mats like Iron and Platinum, and herbs, and Hard Wood. An hour through Sparkfly Fen which has only Hard Wood and Platinum nodes can net anywhere from 2-4g an hour depending on how zealously you get through it and the prices of the day are.

Try Timberline Falls .. if the layout is not too bad, i can make there 2 gold in 6-10 minutes.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

I wish I made 5g a day…
Gonna try Timberline Falls tmr I guess.

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

Wait till you get into spvp and make 3 gold a day

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

Hmm, well at least you earn some gold in WvW, from what I heard from the PvP guys, they earn next to nothing.

I am a collector, so I am in the process of widening my wardrobe through dungeons, it is a shame that you don’t like them, they are the easiest way to get some money I belive.
I don’t know how much one does earn in WvW nowadays, since I don’t like the 10 fps zergrush it has become(really hopeing to get into it again once HoT is out and the changes are live) and only play it with guerillia tactics, in a team of 3-5, taking out supply caracarns, camps and sentrys behind the enemy lines, so my income and experience my differ quite much from yours ^^

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

As everyone said, 5-8g a day is hardly ‘bad’. The question is, what in the world are you spending 5-8g a day on? Skins? Dyes? It doesn’t sound like you’re gambling with bags or the mystic forge…

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Lately i’m mostly a PvPer so you know…i’m lucky if i get 1g overall for sellin stuff XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What im trying to say is, i spend my gold and dont make enough to sustain how much i spend, been saving for a character slot unsuccesfully.

So… stop spending it. Don’t make impulse purchases. Decide the things you really want, and then don’t buy anything else until you get them.

This is not an income problem. You have plenty of income. It’s a self-control issue.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Try hiding the gold from yourself. If you have a personal guild bank, every day put half of your income into the guild bank. Consider that your savings account. The gold in your regular bank can be your checking account and you can spend that as you wish. It will mean noting down every day what your starting gold is so you can see your income, but removing money from your immediate sight is the best way to control impulse buying.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Seishiro.7468

honestly, most of the times I don’t have much gold either, because I find something I want to work towards(most likely a skin) and I work towards that. Right now I am getting myself all the Order armorskins(only missing the ones from the durmand priory) and once that is done I will try to save up for the flame-skin on the AH, since it is the best orange in my opinion in the game.
I can certainly see why having hundreds or thousands of gold on ones account is appealing to many people, but I am the kind of person that prefers having a skrittton of skins, minis and colours, over the gold, so it comes down to, if you actually want to have the money or if you prefer having whatever you could buy with said money ^^

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I log on every evening for a few hours, some nights I farm iron but most nights I do stuff with guildies.
Every month on pay day I buy 1600 gems for £17.00 and usually transmute some to gold. I’m happy with that arrangement as GW2 is my hobby which gives me a huge amount of enjoyment every day.
As hobbies go, I challenge anyone to find another that gives so many rewarding hours enjoyment for only £17.00 a month.
Why not think of it this way and set aside an amount of real money each month for gems? Oh and stop impulse buying!!

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

5-8 gold a day is pretty bad actually, good luck buying anything off the tp in any reasonable amount of time.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

What is they point here? You spend every coin that you earn and complain that you cannot get rich?

Learn to save. That is the trick to get rich. Not how much you earn.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

sw farm can hit 10g/ hour

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Hmm…

It sounds fishy becouse I do get alot of money from playing PvP and I am mostly not selling any mats but I do sell the expensive stuff I get. From playing WvW you should get the everage amount of gold as a PvE world roamer. What you compair against is Dungeon farmers and other farmers, but you have to consider that you do something you enjoy and the farmers are doing something they hopefully enjoy but it is a repetition and it usually gets booring pretty quick. If you wan’t eccesive amount of gold then farm, if you want to have fun and earn some gold now and then and continue with what you are doing. Also, you could always buy gems with real money. Spend a day at work and earn more gold than spending a day farming in GW2 :P Comes from a guy who is an unemployed musician :P

Most importantly learn to save your money and that is nothing we nor A-net can help you with.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I make 2-4g a day and have 2 legendaries. You’ll do fine.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

What is they point here? You spend every coin that you earn and complain that you cannot get rich?

Learn to save. That is the trick to get rich. Not how much you earn.

Seconded.
This seems to be OPs biggest problem. Don’t compulsively buy shiny stuff you probably don’t even want in the long run, and your problem will solve itself. And always, always put in buy orders, possibly a copper or so lower than the highest one. Doesn’t make that much of a difference, but if you later realise “oh, no, I don’t actually want this”, you can cancel the buy order and get your money back if it’s still there, and at least half of the time, it will be.
Your problem is not that you’re not making a hundred gold a day, it’s that you don’t know how to hold on what you do have. Get the hang of that – boom, sudden fortune :>

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Winter.3204

Winter.3204

im a world vs world organized guild raider and i make about 15g from raiding for three hours… so yeah. can’t say wvw is not profitable

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The problem is in yourself, you need to apply RL lessons in the game. You are spending more than you earn in things that you don’t need and then you complain that you can’t buy what you “need”.
About 5g/day is a VERY good amount for someone that is just playing the game and not actively farming gold, so all you need to do now it control yourself and just buy what you need for your legendary, and nothing else besides occasional food resupply.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I noticed three things here. First is 50 heavy bags is kinda low for 5-8 hours of WvW play, maybe reroll Guardian or Necro. Second, don’t spend if you want to save. Third, 5-8 hours per day is a lot of time spent in game.

I would only really worry about that last thing.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

You know that you make the most money in this game by selling crafting mats
at the TP ?.

Actually, I wasn’t aware of that.

Excuse: I’m a beginner.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Learn to save up, it’ll come in handy in real life.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Well, to be fair, we don’t pay a sub, so inevitably they will try to cash starve us for everything other than the necessities (and perhaps, the occasional luxury).

Otherwise, how else do they make money?

Having said that, as a new player (to this – not to MMOs in general) I absolutely loathe doing dungeons in this game, as they are either speed runs (skip>stack>melee>skip>stack>melee>commit suicide out of complete frustration and/or boredom) full of rude, obnoxious, opinionated idiots; or “everyone welcome” affairs full of well-meaning, but ultimately misguided, people trying to “teach” new players how to play in that very boring, restrictive way…

So, I feel excluded from PVE and as I have no interest in full-on PVP, especially as a ranger in this game (where ranged damage is penalised), that leaves me with WvW and world bosses, which are not going to keep me engaged for long.

…and if I already know I won’t be engaged for much longer, why would I want to pour much more cash into the game?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Tigaseye.2047

I noticed three things here. First is 50 heavy bags is kinda low for 5-8 hours of WvW play, maybe reroll Guardian or Necro. Second, don’t spend if you want to save. Third, 5-8 hours per day is a lot of time spent in game.

Shouldn’t have to reroll to play a game effectively.

All profs should be equally viable.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Seishiro.7468

all profs are viable, just at other things. If they were all exactly equal, they wouldn’t be 8, but rather 1 profession ;P

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

They are all viable, it’s just that for looting, some professions are better than others. Specifically, those with some sort of AoE autoattack or tons of AoE damange in general. Guardians have staff #1 to tag an entire zerg and receive loot for all of them, and a necro can throw down a ton of marks and tag a lot of players that way.
That’s what this means, not that some professions are not viable.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Tigaseye.2047

all profs are viable, just at other things. If they were all exactly equal, they wouldn’t be 8, but rather 1 profession ;P

Simply not true.

Other games manage to make all classes/profs viable in every type of play.

No, you will never have complete equality, where you have differences, but the inequality in this game is bad, comparatively speaking.

For example, I was never, ever told that hunters “aren’t for dungeons” in WoW; whereas, I have been told exactly that, re. rangers, in GW2.

….and then, I do WvW and hear that rangers are bad for that, too, most of the time (from a reasonable-sounding guy).

It’s shoddy design and that is not good enough.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Always money problems, since im a WvWer and PvPer i make only 5-8g a day, i cant stand dungeons, fractals and crafting. Meaning i will not, or most likely will not make a legendary. So all i really want to spend my gold on is buying fashion for my characters or as of now new character slots, my main problem is i get lets say 30g~ and then i find something i need/want to spend it on. But then i realize i dont after i spend it, Which is why i cant afford anything anymore. Anybody have similar experiences or any advise?

5-8g a day in WvW and PvP?

I make less than that in a day playing PvE. Granted if I was chasing money I could make more, but I enjoy doing the things that I do, even though I don’t get a lot of money out of it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

@OP
Problem: “I spend too much gold”

Solution: Stop spending gold. Write down things that you impulsively want to buy and the date you discovered the item. Wait 1 week, if you still want that item, buy it.

Edit: I see people talking about his gold earning rate. This is besides the point the OP made. Their problem is not earning gold. Their problem is the lack of restraint when posed with an impulse desire.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Tigaseye.2047

@OP
Problem: “I spend too much gold”

Solution: Stop spending gold. Write down things that you impulsively want to buy and the date you discovered the item. Wait 1 week, if you still want that item, buy it.

Edit: I see people talking about his gold earning rate. This is besides the point the OP made. Their problem is not earning gold. Their problem is the lack of restraint when posed with an impulse desire.

It’s not entirely beside the point, because if he could earn more gold, his spending would obviously not be as much of an issue.

The real point, as I say, is this is a non sub-based game, so of course they will try to tempt people to spend more real money and the way you do that is by cash-starving people in-game and dangling shiny baubles in front of them.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s a simple solution: stop buying things you don’t absolutely need. If it doesn’t salvage items or benefit you in a way that your current gear/items do, then you don’t need it.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s not entirely beside the point, because if he could earn more gold, his spending would obviously not be as much of an issue.

If he made more gold, he’d end up wasting even more gold on things he doesn’t need; thus, his situation would not improve. The thing that needs to change is the “gotta spend it now” feeling OP seems to have.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm, well at least you earn some gold in WvW, from what I heard from the PvP guys, they earn next to nothing.

I am a collector, so I am in the process of widening my wardrobe through dungeons, it is a shame that you don’t like them, they are the easiest way to get some money I belive.
I don’t know how much one does earn in WvW nowadays, since I don’t like the 10 fps zergrush it has become(really hopeing to get into it again once HoT is out and the changes are live) and only play it with guerillia tactics, in a team of 3-5, taking out supply caracarns, camps and sentrys behind the enemy lines, so my income and experience my differ quite much from yours ^^

Did you mean most efficient?
Dungeons can be efficient but gathering and world bosses are easier. Gathering is probably more interesting than most world bosses…

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

All classes/profs in GW2 are viable in every type of play. Some are a little better in some aspects than others, just like in all those other games you mention.

No, you will never have complete equality, where you have differences, but the inequality in this game is bad, comparatively speaking.

For example, I was never, ever told that hunters “aren’t for dungeons” in WoW; whereas, I have been told exactly that, re. rangers, in GW2.

Rangers are fine for dungeons and you can play them any way you want, even using a bear pet and longbow at range, and be successful. That will not be optimal of course, but this is true for other classes/profs as well. No class or profession in GW2 is optimal at range compared to melee. It’s part of the design.

Re: the OP, you will never make as much gold just wandering around in open world as by intentional farming, i.e. world event train, champ farming, Silverwastes events, dungeon runs, node harvesting, trading post flipping/speculation, etc. There is (and pretty much must be, I suppose) a trade-off between playing whatever/however you want and maximizing money in game. If you like just playing whatever in open world, then the fun of doing so is its own reward. If you want to make lots of in-game gold to buy goodies to pimp out your toon, then you have to focus and put in some work doing things you might not like as well. The other alternative is as some suggested, just buying gems with real world money and converting in-game to gold. It’s really a plus that GW2 offers so many options.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Simply not true.

….and then, I do WvW and hear that rangers are bad for that, too, most of the time (from a reasonable-sounding guy).

It’s shoddy design and that is not good enough.

Viable != Optimal

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Come on, don’t think like this! The design is fine! It’s just that certain players have a sad misplaced elitism or are don’t know the game enough to realize that every profession works, everywhere.

The speed-run elitist dungeon crowd (I know that most speed-runners are nice, but we all met these guys) fall into the first category. Well, guess what, even in a five ranger party, you’ll be able to be successful in the same dungeons, it will just take a few more minutes than on these record setup. And I’ll take a good ranger over a bad elementalist anytime.

Some WvW zerg players fall into the second. They have been playing GWEN for so long that they don’t realize that there are ranger builds that work perfectly fine in zergs. For them, you’re not really a ranger without a LB. Try a cleric/soldier build with GS/sw-wh, with regen traits, Healing Spring, heal on F2 and Rampage as One. You’ve got yourself a tanky melee front liner with good damage, three leaps, good access to stability (although only for yourself), healing everyone and giving fury, regen, swiftness and vigor to everyone in your party. It’s also a lot of fun: you’ll feel like a combat healer.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

for roaming longbow rangers are fun to play. and in a zerg who the hell cares use longbow aoe and tag the keep lord for bag stand in circle an cap. thats all u really do in WvW.

in pvp rangers are fun to play to.

^^^^^ —-- in regard to post by ayrilana

as for making gold and not being poor.

stop spending money on things u don’t need if u wish to stock pile gold. a legendary which is in the most part a PVE vanity item is not essential to game play. yes its shiny. but thats it. if you truly want it. you would sacrifice pvp gameplay to do some pve and earn gold in a few months to buy one.

or wait for HoT for the new scvanger hunt style for precursor then just focus on crafting your self and farming the mats u need.

a legendary was designed to be a long term grind goal. and for most of the player base it is a long term grind. even if u just do it bit by bit each month.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR