so i got hacked...

so i got hacked...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vexillum.3812

Vexillum.3812

first of let me say that im sorry about my grammar im too furious to give a…
so yesterday someone enters my account gets on my main sells all my gear (which i worked for over a month now doing dungeons daily to get) and what he couldnt sell he deleted
so ofc i write an email to anet and explain the situation after around 7-8 emails of explaining to them that my serial code is in my last house that burned up they finally told me that all my characters items gold etc will not be given back to me…
now i understand that for some reason they had problems in gw 1 lost a char there and they couldnt give it back (well all of them but care only about that one)
but i have to ask is it normal for a high profile game as gw 2 is to have no service that will help the poor “people” (not to say kittens cos well that rude..) that lose everything to a hacker?
please if you have any helpful advice im pretty furious about this and i wont get any help only keep getting automated responses about how they understand me but “cant” do anything
ty

so i got hacked...

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I feel for you, man. While I don’t think they are able to recover your character, I hope I’m wrong. And yes, I think this should be something that any modern MMO can do, but who knows how their server technology operates. It may just be incapable of tracking that information.

so i got hacked...

Vexillum.3812

ok now but in a year or so ppl who worked (lived) in gw 2 when they lose their accounts what will they do
we already know what happened when few radicals from wow got uhm…snapped is maybe the right word?
few deaths a lot of beatings a lot more harassment…
how can they even launch a game with no costumer service to main high profile mmos today

so i got hacked...

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I know how you feel, I also got hacked and while my hackers were a little more considerate (left all my minis and dyes on my account) they bought over 250 dollars of gems with my credit card info. ANet returned all the money to me within 3 days so hopefully that gives you a little comfort knowing that they do what they can.

so i got hacked...

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

With the addition of authenticators, as well as the existing new IP confirmation, it will be more difficult to hack an account without a goodly amount of social engineering.

so i got hacked...

Vexillum.3812

tried to enter i denied every time and every time there was an error i couldnt do anything more

so i got hacked...

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Even if people don’t get hacked, they can lose items in other ways (even accidentally doing it themselves). I’ve seen other posters with similar threads. From what I understand, Anet doesn’t actually have the capability to do that. Either way though, they should. So to answer your question is it normal for a company to not return your stuff? Absolutely not. Most games today give you most if not all of your stuff back after you have been hacked, or if you accidentally deleted stuff, etc. Accidents happen and it’s good customer service – no one wants to lose everything they worked so hard for. It’s not fun.

so i got hacked...

Vexillum.3812

Exactly. Thank you.

so i got hacked...

Posted by: Erin.7521

Erin.7521

I do feel this is something that they should have had at launch just because MMO customers are such prime targets for these sort of attempts and so many do not practice safe surfing. I would hope people also take advantage of the additional security measures that are being put in place, but there does need to be a safety net to catch those who do slip through. There does need to be a system that can reimburse in-game items as well as money.

Rocking on Piken Square – the un-official EU roleplay server.

so i got hacked...

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Such issues are meant to be discussed with our customer support team. Posting here on forums will not help you getting your account back.

Thank you for your understanding.