so that's all ?

so that's all ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xenon.3264

xenon.3264

maybe i’m missing somthing since english is not my mother language but is that all ?

the veteran stuff they have been working on for 5 months is this collection thing ?

really ?

there must be something more otherwise i can’t understand what i am supposed to do in game.

i do not want anything more than something serious to do at 80.

collecting skins or minis is not something i like. i’d be playing animal crossing otherwise.

can u tell me there will be something more?

ty

so that's all ?

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

It’s a feature update, not a content update… it doesn’t really have content added by definition, soon, I feel it, a World boss is comming, my WB sense is tingling ! Harder than the silly three headed wurm would be nice…

so that's all ?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There is only one topic left, Trading Post, and I don’t see that keeping a bunch of disappointed veterans happy. Colored commander tags, a siege mastery we data-mined months ago and a new trap that only defenders will use?

That’s it. Not even a question mark there. Just, that’s it.

Just want to leave this here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Questions-questions/first#post4247758

in particular…

I am going to jump in here answer these as honestly as I am able.

- Devon is very busy with his job duties and only has limited time to devote to reading the forums. If he spent the time demanded of him responding to threads on the forums, his work would suffer. My job duties have me reading and reporting on the forums regularly to ensure that Devon and the rest of the team are aware of active concerns within the WvW community. I do this for other parts of the forum as well. As has been mentioned a multitude of times previously, our developers read the forums as much as they are able, but time prevents them from responding to everything they read.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

so that's all ?

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Don’t expect anything…. you will be disappointed.
When player asking for big changes they deliver a wardrobe or more colors
for commander tags…………..
For any reason A-Net fights against absolutely players want and offer
something nobody asks for to make up.
Sometimes i think the company policy changed to “How less of an effort can we deliver without offending too many people”
This makes me really sad

so that's all ?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I’m pretty excited about this in particular

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

so that's all ?

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

I’m actually ok with them… It’s not totally useless… and you have no idea how the wardrobe changed my life !

so that's all ?

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

If you are not happy with what is announced for the feature pack so far you will not be happy. Because I don’t see Trading 2.0 will contain anything you will like unless you are a dedicated trader. I hope Trading 2.0 will be the announcement of a proper in-game trading screen instead of the crappy browser we have now. I don’t expect it, but I can hope.

The features in this Feature pack are mostly QoL (Quality of Life) changes. I am happy with these changes (well most of them) as they will improve the game.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

so that's all ?

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I like most of the new features, they generally make playing the game a bit more easy and a bit more enjoyable. It’s a shame that a lot of people always seem to expect the addition of Cantha, Elona and the Depths of Tyria as soon as a feature pack is announced.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

so that's all ?

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

I’m actually ok with them… It’s not totally useless… and you have no idea how the wardrobe changed my life !

I understand that. I also think the wardrobe is something handy.
My point is that a wardrobe is nothing compared to Elona or 100% map of Thyria.

so that's all ?

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

I like most of the new features, they generally make playing the game a bit more easy and a bit more enjoyable. It’s a shame that a lot of people always seem to expect the addition of Cantha, Elona and the Depths of Tyria as soon as a feature pack is announced.

sounds like we had alot feature packs in this game^^

so that's all ?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What did you expect?
Just take a quick look at Living Story, it’s even more lackluster.
If they’re currently not working on expansion, I have no idea what those 300+ people are doing at Arena Net.
Maybe 250 of those employees are forum moderators?

so that's all ?

OmaiGodman.2098

I understand that. I also think the wardrobe is something handy.
My point is that a wardrobe is nothing compared to Elona or 100% map of Thyria.

Wow, my point was proven so quickly o_O

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

so that's all ?

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

It’s a feature update, not a content update…

But the problem is, most of the announcements for this feature pack are not related to new features. They’re either imports from the Chinese client targeted toward new players, back-end performance improvements, or polish to existing features. The number of actual features in this upcoming September Feature Pack are very few.

The whole point of these feature packs were to break out new features from the content so they could get the excitement they deserve. It’s understandable that given the announcements so far, players (particularly long-term players) would be disappointed. Especially after the amazing for-reals features we received in the April feature pack.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

so that's all ?

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

The collection update is the first actual feature that’s not just a quality of life update, and honestly it looks pretty fun. This sort of thing is a content multiplier in that it gets people back in to already used areas to do a new thing. When they add new content, they can simply make a few achivements for people to capture, and the new content goes that much further. Its a smart idea.

so that's all ?

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I’m actually pretty happy with this. I suggested something like that for the weapon and armor sets a while ago, but if they want to apply it to even more stuff, even better.

This is not “an expansion worth of content” but that’s the kind of little things that can keep someone like me busy between LS episode updates. As a casual PvE player who really doesn’t like Anet’s approach to dungeons, I’m really looking for reasons to log in outside of LS updates.

so that's all ?

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

…I feel it, a World boss is comming, my WB sense is tingling ! Harder than the silly three headed wurm would be nice…

I hope so! Teq has become another weekly farm. If they do add more World bosses, it has to be something that requires coordination for advanced players & groups. As for Triple Wurm, I"ve never been in a group that has beaten the monster.

I would love it if Barradin’s Statue and Shadow of the Dragon could become world bosses. Just put them in the open world and scale them up for guilds & large pug crowds.

so that's all ?

xenon.3264

>It’s a feature update, not a content update

sure but it’s just grind….
boring grind…

that’s the kind of little things that can not keep someone like me busy between LS episode updates

so that's all ?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Ok, here goes… A “feature” is an update that changes and improves game functionality and overall game play. That is what is being included in this update. “Content” is an update that expands the map, gives new quests and dungeons, and new races and professions. STOP LOOKING FOR CONTENT IN A FEATURE PATCH!!!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

so that's all ?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

>It’s a feature update, not a content update

sure but it’s just grind….
boring grind…

that’s the kind of little things that can not keep someone like me busy between LS episode updates

1. It’s not supposed to keep you busy, it’s a godkitten feature update
2. How exactly do you propose to keep people busy without a grind?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

so that's all ?

Posted by: Redorianin.6782

Redorianin.6782

I don’t know… how about fixing WvW? Or adding a new game mode to spvp?
Sadly it’s now 2 years and they haven’t even done anything to the wvw achievements.

Sure, it’s a nice update. But it won’t keep me in game for long.

so that's all ?

xenon.3264

many people suggested many things on forum and on reddit.

i’m just saying i do not like the direction is taking the game

and when the dev said “i ’m looking forward showing the players what we have been working for 5 months” well .. i expected more

so that's all ?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

This latest feature is horrifically underwhelming.

If i want to go out and collect things I’ll play Pokemon or some other game about collecting things. This nonsense isn’t for veteran players unless you really enjoy re-crafting armor skins and re mapping zones you might have already mapped on your main and a few alts. All so you can get a shiny badge no one else sees/knows about and occasionally a back item skin you might not ever use.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

so that's all ?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you are playing a game that is widely known that dont’ have endgame. So I’m not sure what more to say there.

(watch the 00:13)…. GW2 have no end game.

or just google “gw2 no end game”

(edited by laokoko.7403)

so that's all ?

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

TY Anet for making my decision easy. My gem store cash just went towards Archeage founders status.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

so that's all ?

OmaiGodman.2098

It’s a feature update, not a content update…

But the problem is, most of the announcements for this feature pack are not related to new features. They’re either imports from the Chinese client targeted toward new players, back-end performance improvements, or polish to existing features. The number of actual features in this upcoming September Feature Pack are very few.

The whole point of these feature packs were to break out new features from the content so they could get the excitement they deserve. It’s understandable that given the announcements so far, players (particularly long-term players) would be disappointed. Especially after the amazing for-reals features we received in the April feature pack.

Since I don’t play the Chinese version of the game, most of these features are pretty new to me.