so whats hapening with legendary armour ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

so who else is feeling let down and lied to with the latest patch specifically regarding statements made by Anet suggesting that legendary armour would be finished by the time the 3rd raid wing was added
well we have the 3rd raid wing why cant we craft legendary armour yet ?

everything about legendary armour and what Anet has had to say about it seems to be total bull to me first it started when Anet miss lead players by implying we would be getting legendary armour with HoT only to tell us they would be adding it over time, to me this came across as an underhanded sales tactic
also another thing that’s bugging me is that we where told crafting a set of legendary armour would be comparable in price to making a legendary weapon, well I have seen some of the recipes that players have discovered with some experimentation and shared on redit and they are insanely high demand on t6 mats among other things with a high cost or insane grind way more than any legendary I haven’t added it all up yet but I’m estimating around the cost of 2-3 legendary weapons.
Tho i would point out these recipes players have discovered don’t work yet and may not be the final recipe involved so there is still time for Anet to do the right thing, time will tell but if the discovered recipes are indeed true then it means we have been lied to again.
i have no doubt Anet probably worded there statements like a politician so they have some wiggle room for failure but it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a low respect for them and the way they do things at times.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I haven’t added it all up yet but I’m estimating around the cost of 2-3 legendary weapons.

Well someone on reddit did add it up and its comparable in cost for the known needed items to a HoT legendary.

thefinnster.7105

i dono about you enko but i have made 3 of the new HoT legendary s and between a little light farm here and there and making my ascended mats daily I only paid around 2k gold for each legendary if that I somehow doubt I could even cover the 4800 T6 mats for that cost nm the rest of the stuff remember these recipes are superposed to be made once per piece if what I have read is true

Posted by: Abracadabra.3296

Abracadabra.3296

Do we even know at this point what some of the legendary designs look like? Honestly, if they don’t look amazing, I won’t even both with the effort.

“I am become death, the shatter of worlds.”
Roaming Troll Warrior: Melee Conditions
GW2 Roleplayers – JOIN US! GW2 RP

thefinnster.7105

no abracadabra as far as im aware no pics yet as they are not in game and nothing data mined suggesting they are not released yet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It may be prudent to wait for the final implementation before lamenting the costs, and throwing around disparaging accusations.

Good luck.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

i dono about you enko but i have made 3 of the new HoT legendary s and between a little light farm here and there and making my ascended mats daily I only paid around 2k gold for each legendary if that I somehow doubt I could even cover the 4800 T6 mats for that cost nm the rest of the stuff remember these recipes are superposed to be made once per piece if what I have read is true

I think it’s once per set. You get a chest with all the pieces — or at least we’ve datamined the chest of armor. So, it’s only 1/6 of the cost you think it is.

thefinnster.7105

ekarat that dosent add up tho as we have already been told we need 6 gift of craftsmanship and the combine only uses 1 meaning we goa make 6 1 for each piece

ekarat.1085

I do not claim to have evidence other than seeing a chest via datamining. I could even be mistaking the precursor for the legendary. At this point, there isn’t a lot to go off of.

What is your source?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What is your source?

It was told to the community by an ANet developer during one of the recent AMA sessions they hosted. We are definitely going to need 6 Gifts of Craftsmanship.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

ekarat.1085

Aha. I found it — I was looking in the spring update AMA and couldn’t find it at first…

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nx80s?context=10000

Thanks for the info!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More information in the official Legendary Armor thread on this page.

Good luck.