so whats the Rule on Gem Store Wep skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

ANET whats the rules on how you design Gem Store weapon skins?

Can they not look too good?
if so, who determines if the skin looks too good for gem store?
Can they not have special projectiles animations?

come, share the rule your art team designers go by.

Note: when i say gem store weapon skins, i am not talking about Black Lion Chest ticket skins.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s midnight on the US east coast right now. Don’t expect an answer for at least 10 more hours. (Not that they will answer your question).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Some do have special projectiles, like Marjory’s Dagger. So far, all the Gem Store weapon skins have been weapons that other characters used in game, so they’ll all be made to fit the theme of the character using it, and typically won’t be insanely huge or flashy because that’s a bit tacky on an important story character.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I hope an developer chime in on this. but may not happen. But best to try at least.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s now almost 7pm, Sunday Evening, on the East coast. Don’t expect an answer for almost 15 more hours. (Not that they will answer your question)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s really a weird question. I doubt there are “rules” beyond passing their quality measurements.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

Honestly i think korean mmo have best skins in everything even their games are kind of grind fest and stuff , not that gw is not if u like legendary or more gems whit no credit card but before u say anything look aion and terra weapon and armor skins and think about the entire west scene how bad is it compare to them xD

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

Honestly i think korean mmo have best skins in everything even their games are kind of grind fest and stuff , not that gw is not if u like legendary or more gems whit no credit card but before u say anything look aion and terra weapon and armor skins and think about the entire west scene how bad is it compare to them xD

+1