spellbreaker disappointment on pve part

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

am i the only one who fealing like spellbreaker is disappointment in general disappointment for low dmg but high surv

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

It’s bad.

Really really bad.

Capping adrenaline at one is DEVASTATING for PVE warrior. The reason Berserker worked is because they got a special burst while zerking. SB doesn’t get special bursts, it just gets crappy level 1’s.

Dagger damage is painfully low. 1 needs a 20-25%~ damage buff, and the rest need even more. 5 needs at least a 50% buff as right now it’s a worse version of Axe 5, with a 8 second longer CD.

This elite spec is so bad for PVE I can’t imagine ever using it ever. And since I don’t want to keep playing core warrior for the next 2 years guess it’s time to switch to the broken OP Holosmith.

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Greatsword and hammer bursts do same damage regardless of adrenaline level.

You need to test with 100% crit and Signet of Ferocity stacked to estimate its PvE damage. I won’t be ok to test until Sunday. Strength Arms Spellbreaker.

Ahlen.7591

Greatsword and hammer bursts do same damage regardless of adrenaline level.

You need to test with 100% crit and Signet of Ferocity stacked to estimate its PvE damage. I won’t be ok to test until Sunday. Strength Arms Spellbreaker.

If you’re thinking of using BP don’t bother you can’t keep stacks up. This is a thread about PVE so obviously you wouldn’t be using hammer, and there’s no reason to use GS as the one thing daggers do well is stack might.

It does less damage than core axe/axe with strength/discipline/arms. It might be ok in PVP, but it’ll be useless garbage in PVE.

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Not only that, but its boring as kitten also.. lame old animations.. slapped some yellow mesmer kitten on it. do some boon hate on it.. call it spellbreaker.

feels very unrewarding, slow, kitten dmg. and not warrior at all.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

My dude OP this should be in the warrior forum section. Secondly, your getting the scrapper treatment this expac live with it. That’s why condi ps/berzerker got buffed cuz spellbreaker isn’t meant for raids/fotm most people knew about this and knows that not every new specialization is gonna be top tier pve dps specs, if that was the case no1 would use olders specs anymore. The faster you understand this the better you will be as a player.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

It might be ok in PVP, but it’ll be useless garbage in PVE.

I’m ok with that.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

Posted by: Massacre.2064

Massacre.2064

All the new specs are pretty clearly built around competitive play with little to no thought spared for making them fun or effective in pve.

Ahlen.7591

I’m ok with that.

I’m not. I don’t do any PVP at all, and I want my new expansion thing to be useful in the area of the game that I play.

It’s total stupidity to make any specs be catered only to a specific area of the game.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I’m ok with that.

I’m not. I don’t do any PVP at all, and I want my new expansion thing to be useful in the area of the game that I play.

It’s total stupidity to make any specs be catered only to a specific area of the game.

you realise that that is the whole POINT of the elite specs, right?

the whole reason they exist is so the devs can make each spec good at something without the issue of needing to make them good at everything, which is an absolute NIGHTMARE to balance.

think of it this way: would you like base Warrior or Berserker to get nerfed in PvE because it’s doing really good in PvP?

of course you wouldn’t, why should you be punished for the class doing well in a mode you don’t play?

well, by making Spellbreakers a PvP focused spec, they can focus on making it good in PvP whilst keeping the nerfs done to the base class or Berserker at a minimum.

sure, you don’t get a shiny new spec this round if you are absolutely adamant that you NEVER want to do PvP, but that could easily flip around next expansion if it introduces a PvE focused spec, heck, look at Renegades: they are shaping up to be great in PvE but absolute GARBAGE in PvP

(I’ll also point out as well that from last week’s demo, Forged seem to give themselves a LOT of boons, making boon stripping a valuable ability even in PvE)

Ahlen.7591

I’m ok with that.

the whole reason they exist is so the devs can make each spec good at something without the issue of needing to make them good at everything, which is an absolute NIGHTMARE to balance.

think of it this way: would you like base Warrior or Berserker to get nerfed in PvE because it’s doing really good in PvP?

of course you wouldn’t, why should you be punished for the class doing well in a mode you don’t play?

well, by making Spellbreakers a PvP focused spec, they can focus on making it good in PvP whilst keeping the nerfs done to the base class or Berserker at a minimum.

sure, you don’t get a shiny new spec this round if you are absolutely adamant that you NEVER want to do PvP, but that could easily flip around next expansion if it introduces a PvE focused spec, heck, look at Renegades: they are shaping up to be great in PvE but absolute GARBAGE in PvP

(I’ll also point out as well that from last week’s demo, Forged seem to give themselves a LOT of boons, making boon stripping a valuable ability even in PvE)

All I’m hearing are excuses for lazy balancing. All specs, all elites, everything, should be viable in all aspects of the game.

Why would I pay real money to not have the class I play, that I have spent real money to expand its inventory, not be usable in the game mode that I play?

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

you already have viable pve spec’s stop crying lol

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

I’m ok with that.

All I’m hearing are excuses for lazy balancing. All specs, all elites, everything, should be viable in all aspects of the game.

Why would I pay real money to not have the class I play, that I have spent real money to expand its inventory, not be usable in the game mode that I play?

It really does reek
people who skip a expansion should not be penalized and locked to any mode. If your xpack has PvE(which it should….) it better have all classes shiny news be able to play that PvE well.